Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 05:32 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I actually heard from my doctor's office. They phoned in a new prescription for me. $1300 after insurance. I had to decline.

I'll probably end up back in the ER.

Disgusting and wrong on so many levels. I hope you don't have to go back into hospital Boida, but if you can get the right treatment, then do what you gotta do goil.

It's shameful treating, or rather the lack of treatment, any folk like this... you deserve better, makes me so mad 😡

Still keeping the hopes in high gear, all love sent across the pond xxxx (((((Boida)))))
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 06:14 am
@Roberta,
Goddam! You’re not qualifying for Medicaid? Or if the doc prescribes at your next appointment does that mean you can fill it for free at Bellevue? I hope so!

Can one of your support people help with all this crap? Social worker for example?

Of course you’re not leaving New York!

Roberta

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 06:31 am
@dlowan,
Sturgis, If the doc phones in a prescription for me, I probably won't have to go to the ER. BTW, I don't know what kind of insurance you have, but you might want to investigate EPIC. It's an additional kind of insurance for older people. With this program, about halfway through the year, you won't have to pay more than $20 for anything. What about the $1300? The scrip is not covered.

Izz, Once I started getting seriously sick, I found out (quickly) the travesty that is the U.S. healthcare system.

Deb, No, I don't qualify for Medicaid. I make too much money. From my perspective I'm poor, but I have to assume that other people are a lot poorer.

I can't wait for my next appointment. I'm hoping that the doc will fill the other prescription by phone today. No, the only way to get the expensive prescription "for free" is to be admitted as a patient, and then it's not free. The cost is included in my bill.

My support people help me a bit. But there's nothing they can do about dealing with the hospital or the high cost of healthcare including meds. They help me a bit with transportation costs.

Speaking of New York, somebody told me that one of the reasons I'm often chosen for those speaking things is that I'm very Noo Yawky. You bet I am and proud of it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 06:34 am
@Roberta,
This is wrong on so many levels. I hope they can figure out something that works and is affordable.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2018 11:22 pm
Today I had no symptoms. What happened? Dunno. Do I think the infection is gone? No.

Today I had a lot of aggravation, irritation, anger, and angst concerning people. Pissed off at everybody. Also a bit of a, i, a, and a concerning technology. Not pissed off at a computer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2018 01:12 pm
Sitting here, thinking what to say. Don't know, except our system makes me sad and angry.
Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2018 02:41 am
@edgarblythe,
Moi aussi.

Doing not as well as yesterday but better than two days ago. Sigh.
dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2018 03:43 pm
@Roberta,
What a confusing bug.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2018 03:44 pm
@Roberta,
A day here and another there, hoping the good days get back into action and start to adding some up.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:13 pm
@Roberta,
How are you going Boida?
Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 11:34 pm
@dlowan,
How am I? I don't know. Two days ago I was eh. Yesterday I was eh minus. Today I'm fine! Go figure.

I don't think that the ER is the place for me to go. There are other options. I don't like any of them, but I'm gonna pick one--assuming that tomorrow is not another 'fine."
dlowan

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 07:07 am
@Roberta,
Hoping tomorrow is fine.

Can I ask what your plans are?

How is the editing job going? Are you ok enough to do it?
Roberta

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 03:22 pm
@dlowan,
So far today is slightly less fine than yesterday. If things continue downward, I'll go to the urgent care department at Bellevue.

What editing? I finished that ages ago.
Izzie

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 07:20 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

So far today is slightly less fine than yesterday. If things continue downward, I'll go to the urgent care department at Bellevue

Oi Vey

So hoping today was a better day Goil (((Boida))) xxx
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 12:31 am
Today was less fine still. I'm still able to get around, but a schelp to the hospital is looming.
jespah

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 07:53 am
@Roberta,
Take care of yourself, love.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 01:00 am
I feel pretty good today. Why? Beats the hell out of me. I didn't do anything different today from what I did yesterday.

Go figure.
dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 06:38 am
@Roberta,
Make hay while the sun shines?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 04:34 pm
@Roberta,
Good news, long may it continue xx
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 09:01 pm
@Roberta,
Our bodies work in mysterious ways. Thinking positive does help.
0 Replies