Surgery--Again

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 12:45 pm
So we were getting some cardio today. 20 minutes of walking.

And the weirdest thing happened.

A large envelope forced itself into our hands.

It compelled us to go to the Post Office.

It required that we pay postage.

It controlled our minds until it was in the big post box.

I fear its mind controlling properties are on their way somewhat South of here.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:04 pm
bethie, I grew up knowing that a roll was a roll. No adjectives. Just a roll. It was only when I started eating in Manhattan that I found I had to be specific. Whatever it's called, it's good. What's stammtisch? I looked it up, but I'm not sure I get it.

jes, Taken over by an unseen force? Scary. If the envelope wafts its way near me on its way south, I'll waylay it. Not to worry. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:24 pm
@Roberta,
Hey hey

When the little fella and I decided to get a "Subway"in the US... not a train... the food variety - the very, very, very, very fast speaking Texan lady behind the counter asked us.... "would you like that on rye, Italian, Wheat....ma'am" and many other bread types, to which I just had to say "pardon".... and then she repeated them all, pointing at each one - then at the wraps (had no idea what a wrap was), then the same process with cheese varieties... pickles, onions....

well, I was almost exhausted by the time I got to the end of the counter.

It was absolutely delicious tho.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 01:29 pm
@Roberta,
I am confident that you will be able to resist its controlling force.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:51 pm
@Roberta,
The only knishes I k-now are from a box in the frozen food section of the market. First time I tried them I thought, "um, good". Second time, "eh, not so good". I'm going to have to go look at recipes.. the ones in your pictures, Roberta, look much better..
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Uh oh. This looks like a good food site..

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/culture/food/Overview_Ashkenazi_Cuisine/Poland_And_Russia/Food_Knish_Roden.htm?gclid=CILnguaFyJUCFQWxsgod8HH2iw
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 06:24 pm
So,
some doctors were talking
over coffee
and each was saying how EASY it was.
YAas. So easy.
"Woman," says one of the doctors, "Woman says to me before,' Hey, are you going to have trouble, you know, getting that tube past my teeth???"

"Lady." I says to her," we get them passed the jaws of children. Children with cancer who are so fricckkkinnng glad to have any hope, they aren' POSSSESED by some idea that we can't do our fricking joBs."

I thought he was being rude.

But then I thought.
Yes.
They do this EVERY day.

For them threading that tube is no more complex as pushing a cart up Aisle Eleven and finding the long lost Skin-a_Dermo Cream.

Joe(recently banned from asking :: Wha?'"
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:02 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

So,
some doctors were talking
over coffee
and each was saying how EASY it was.
YAas. So easy.
"Woman," says one of the doctors, "Woman says to me before,' Hey, are you going to have trouble, you know, getting that tube past my teeth???"

"Lady." I says to her," we get them passed the jaws of children. Children with cancer who are so fricckkkinnng glad to have any hope, they aren' POSSSESED by some idea that we can't do our fricking joBs."

I thought he was being rude.

But then I thought.
Yes.
They do this EVERY day.

For them threading that tube is no more complex as pushing a cart up Aisle Eleven and finding the long lost Skin-a_Dermo Cream.

Joe(recently banned from asking :: Wha?'"

And if they still can't get the job done, they'll call in the folks from the colonoscopy department who have lots of experience getting those tubes into even tighter places! Wink Very Happy Shocked Drunk
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:46 pm
@Roberta,
At my end of town, that thing is a gherkin!

OK - kaiser roll I now understand.

Thanks for the explanation!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:17 am
osso, Good luck making a knish. Let me know how it comes out.

Joe, Maybe the doctor you overheard should have a talk with my doctor. I was in the room when he called his boss (the two surgeons who will be working on me). "Well, she's got all her teeth." I'm with you, kid. In this day and age, it doesn't seem reasonable that they can't get something down a throat in a person who has teeth. I'll know soon enough.

butrflynet, I'm gonna ignore that comment. Thud.

Getting myself together. Cut all twenty nails. Filed the top ten. Made a shopping list. Either sent or will send a few e-mails that needed or need sending. Paid my phone bill, electric bill, and cable bill--two months for each. Now I'm caught up. I have to pack and make a list of telephone numbers I'll need to have with me.

What did I forget? Probably something.

Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 05:58 am
@Roberta,
Reading book, toothbrush, sucky sweets, music if you can....

more importantly.... don't forget to take all our love with you... x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:34 am
@Roberta,
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Roberta. Here's hoping all goes well.
I do hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.
sozobe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 06:42 am
@msolga,
Good luck, Roberta!

Thinking of you.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 07:53 am
@Roberta,
You're in my thoughts, Boida. Today and tomorrow and every day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:17 am
Hoping all goes well.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:16 am
Thinking of you, sweetie.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:33 am
Roberta (or anyone else), should we expect you to be back home Monday night? Or are you likely to spend the night?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 10:45 am
@Roberta,
is there soup in the house? popsicles in the freezer?

there's lots of love. you're not going to run out of that, but it won't soothe your throat. sending more any old ways.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 01:53 pm
Just caught up on your impending surgery, Roberta. With all the positive vibes emanating from A2K I feel sure that things will go well. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 02:15 pm
@littlek,
It's today???...no, it's still Sunday there, right?

Oh well...whenever the hell....we'll all be thinking of you.
0 Replies