Surgery--Again

Sturgis

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 04:04 pm
@Roberta,
Glad the visit went (relatively) well, now the next part of waiting. I myself want the ook to vamoose the same as the spot.

May the smiling continue.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 05:26 pm
I'd be smiling even bigger if I had front teeth. If the PET scan reveals nothing serious, I'm gonna resume dental work. It will be an ordeal. But eventually the pain will be gone. I dream of biting into an ear of corn. A big deli samwich. A spare rib. A piece of meat that isn't ground up.

Life is strange. I used to dream about major stuff. Now it's biting into an apple.

If the dogs don't show up this weekend, I may become violent. Not like the good old days when my getting into a fight involved biting. What am I gonna do? Gum somebody?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 05:34 pm
@Roberta,
classic post, there.

Wishing with you.
Roberta

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:19 pm
@ossobuco,
osso, You've referred to "classic posts" before. I'm not sure I know what you mean, but thanks, I think.

I'm gonna lump on Thursday. Friday is my book group. Saturday the dogs (please).

My former social worker arranged for me to get free cleaning help. A nurse from the organization is coming to see me on Monday--in the morning!

Somewhere in there I have to finish a proofreading job.

I'm still feeling the tension leave my body. When the doctor told me the spot was gone, he kept talking. I asked him to stop. I needed a minute to digest the information. I could feel myself loosening up. I told him that if I didn't have bones, I'd be a pile of mush on the floor--messy but relaxed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 04:35 am
Just catching up after all my connection problems. Applesauce just don't cut it when you want a crisp red or golden.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 06:19 am
@Roberta,
To teeth!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:23 pm
The dogs were here yesterday after a five-week absence. They didn't forget me. Joanie, limping along, told me that as she turned onto my block, the dogs began to run. Hey you bitches. Joanie has a broken toe!

While Holly tried to lick the skin off my face, Heaven had to check out my apt. What's new. Then she chased Holly away and snuggled with me. Unlike previous experiences, Holly didn't go far. She tried to get back in. Heaven growled and snarled and made a very scary teeth-baring face. Shocked But ultimately Heaven relented and licked Holly. Joanie said that this doesn't happen at home. Heaven never relents.

It was wonderful to have them here. I needed them. There's a trying week coming up. Nothing terrible. Just a lot of stuff. (Hospital visit, cleaning person, two interviews [one took place already], and work.)

BTW, I told Heaven that if she had been at Westminster, the beagle wouldn't have stood a chance. Never mind a bad scar and a tad overweight. She wins on face and personality. I told Holly that the Westminster people are a bunch of snooty patooties--no mixed breeds. She woulda won on beauty and sweetness (if you discount the fact that the peed on Heaven's head). She's a tall girl.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 10:26 pm
@Roberta,
so glad to hear that the girls were there

you needed them

and they needed to see you again
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 03:59 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
It was wonderful to have them here. I needed them.

It sounds as if the need was mutual. So glad they were there for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 09:41 am
big smiles from me
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 01:01 pm
@Roberta,
So glad the dogs finally got to drop by and that you all had a good visit.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 02:41 pm
@Roberta,
For me too..life has gone to the dogs. Thank heavens for that.

You hang in there better than most people I know.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 03:22 pm
@Roberta,
Pleased that you finally got to see your adopted fur babies Step Mum and also good news about the spot.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:30 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

For me too..life has gone to the dogs. Thank heavens for that.

You hang in there better than most people I know.

It's more like thank Heaven. Hanging in is one of my things. That and kvetching, worrying, and being a pain in the ass. (but lovable)
glitterbag

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:54 pm
@Roberta,
Oy Boidy, if you can't kvetch, what's the point.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 17 Mar, 2015 11:28 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Roberta, I don't want to intrude or anything, but I just want to let you know that I do actually read up on your thread when I have the time.
This is unusual behaviour for me, as I usually avoid anything medical (ostrich syndrome) on A2K, but your writing just reaches out and grabs.

Just want to say that you're a bit of an inspiration, if that makes sense.

Lordy, I was going back over this thread and saw this. I missed it when you posted it. Just wanted to say thanks. I didn't know I had grabby writing. My being an inspiration is a bit of a shock, but if that's the way I grab ya, then so be it.
dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2015 03:02 pm
@Roberta,
Boida and dogs re-United!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:27 pm
I was at Bellevue on Thursday--a follow-up visit to my ER experience. The chest pains have not returned. I'm eating a banana a day to keep my potassium level up. The doc told me that I have a hernia, but it's nothing to be concerned about. I'm generally OK.

Friday my home care worker made her first visit. To my relief, I like her. I was worried that I would have somebody I didn't like in my apartment for four hours a week. Whew. The place is clean and neat. It feels good. This coming Friday we'll tackle laundry. Aside from the expense (over six dollars for one load), I can't figure out the complicated card coding and payment situation. The worker told me that she's familiar with such things. Why can't I just stick some quarters in the steenkin' slot?

Saturday the dogs were here. Smiles. Pleasure. When Heaven arrives, she runs between my legs into the apartment. Checks out the garbage can in the kitchen and takes a drink from the toilet. This time Holly ran between my legs too. She's a much taller dog! No, I didn't get knocked over. Just grateful that Joanie doesn't have great danes.
margo

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:33 pm
@Roberta,
Some good news there!

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2015 12:37 pm
@Roberta,
I'm picturing the entry romp..
another reason to say "hang on, kid".
0 Replies