Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 03:26 am
@dlowan,
What about the anxiety? Any suggestions re that from Bellevue?

Don't make me bring mindfulness stuff over!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 05:01 pm
@Roberta,
You ok Boida? We worry!
Roberta

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 11:51 pm
@dlowan,
I had my lung photographed on Wednesday. Haven't heard anything. I'm working on two projects--one ooky, one okay.

How you doin', bunny?
dlowan

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2015 01:05 am
@Roberta,
Out damned spot! On your lung, I mean. When do you get the latest interpretation of the damned spot?

Hope you are getting paid well....especially for the ooky one.

Moi? I don't seem to be making enough money! Only two months to go and I've hardly paid down the credit card I used for airfare and accommodation at all. Grrrrrrrrrr.....

Also, I can't find my passport. Also I'm in paperwork purdah again. I got rid of two thirds of the outstanding files then they gave me a new role that takes at least twice as much time as the .2 allowed. Also, the person who took the .2 of my normal job can't do it because we all have to have annual police checks. The government outsourced the police checking and they are now running more than six months late. Her clearance hasn't come through, though several months were allowed for the process, so she can't see kids. She is not alone.

Life is annoying.
Roberta

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 04:07 pm
@dlowan,
I got a message from the doctor on my machine. He asked me to come in to see him this coming Wednesday, so I'll find out about the damned spot on Wed.

Sorry to hear you're having tsuris. Let's face it. It's always something.
dlowan

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2015 09:20 pm
@Roberta,
Damn having to wait until Wednesday!!!!

My colleague's police check has finally been done.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 03:56 am
@Roberta,
I hope everything goes well for you on Wednesday. When will you see the gorgeous dogs again?
Roberta

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 05:57 pm
@vonny,
I haven't seen the dogs for a month. I got a call from Joanie today. She fell and broke her big toe. (It's treacherous out there.) She might come on Sunday (I doubt it), but tomorrow is definitely out.

I worry that they have forgotten me. What's a month in day days?

I need a dog fix!!!!!!!

Phooey.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2015 09:59 pm
@Roberta,
How is a dog like an elephant?

They don't forget.
Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 12:45 am
@Roberta,
He's right you know.

Damn broken big toes! I'm so sorry you haven't had a dog fix.

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 01:16 pm
@Roberta,
They won't forget you - I'm sure of that. Look at the photographs. When they are with you they are happy, relaxed, and full of love.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2015 03:14 pm
@Roberta,
Dogs never forget. They likely are wondering why a broken toe is keeping them from getting to see their good friend and looking forward to the next visit.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 12:58 am
I heard from Joanie. Her foot is so swollen that she can't get a shoe on. I guess barefoot is out of the question.

I told her I was worried that the dogs will have forgotten me. She said there was no chance of that. When she walks up Third Avenue and gets to my street, the dogs turn--like they're coming to see me.

Poor Joanie.

And woe is I.
vonny

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 01:43 pm
@Roberta,
Hopefully the swelling in Joanie's foot will soon subside and she'll be able to bring them to see you. They're probably missing you like crazy - they'll lick you to bits when they see you next. Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:38 pm
Back from Bellevue. The spot in my lung isn't there anymore!!! Something is there. They think it's mucous. I'll have a PET scan to confirm this.

Aside: When I arrived, the doctor was waiting for me. I didn't have a chance to sit down. Miracle upon miracle.

Smiling. Mostly.

There is a chance that the spot has sent ooky cells all over the place. My doctor says that after the PET scan we'll wait and see.

Still smiling.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:45 pm
@Roberta,
Keep on smilin', kid.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:23 pm
@Roberta,
Smiling back!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:32 pm
@Roberta,
https://acalltowitness.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/cheshire-cat-grin.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:32 pm
@Roberta,
Let us hope no bloody oook. That damned spot is tres weird, or was. It's a trouble maker. Now it's MUCOUS? What the hell?

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:46 pm
@Roberta,
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1659209984/hC87C63EE/
0 Replies