Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 12:28 am
@dlowan,
I'm worried we won't be able to push you round the Met when we come. My friend and I both have bad backs! Maybe we could tie our chairs together and we two could propel our chairs with our arms and drag you around? In horse masks perhaps so it looks as though you're in a carriage in Central Park?
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 03:13 am
@dlowan,
I read a bit about mindfulness. Pour moi?! I'll read some more. You never know.

People with bad backs shouldn't be wheeling other people around large places. The person from the social services agency can wheel me. You, your friend, and I can go elsewhere. Or sit like lumps and not go anywhere. Or the two of you can lie on the floor, and I'll sit.

Or maybe we can get Thomas to wheel all of us. Should I start noodging him now?
dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 07:17 am
@Roberta,
You'll make him leave the U.S. forever!!!

I think it will appeal to you because it's pretty cognitive and you've liked CBT in the past.

Some (mindfulness) research suggests it's the aspect of CBT that many people nominate as the key....ie the realisation that thoughts and feelings are just that....they are not the essence of US.....they come and go like waves or clouds.

I have always very much doubted the aspects of CBT like thought stopping and its kind of bull fighting mentality....I'm not sure that fighting thoughts and feelings is the way to go. I find calm acceptance and release more helpful.

But hey, c'est moi.

I'm using it with kids as much as I can......cos I work with kids often obsessed with thoughts and feelings that get them doing very destructive things and believing that they are bad and evil for having said thoughts and feelings and that they are helpless in the face of them.

dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 12:13 am
@dlowan,
Hey already!!! How's mit?

Happy New Year!!!!! For when it's the new year.
Roberta

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 12:32 am
@dlowan,
Hiya bunny. I've been thinking about you. Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods.

I'm hanging in. Gearing up for the next round of tests on my lung. I gotta make an appointment which will lead to another appointment which will lead to a third appointment and then maybe a fourth.

Still enjoying the dog visits mucho.

Also enjoying my book group.

Waiting impatiently for your visit to the US of A.

How's mit da bunny?

HNY
dlowan

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2014 11:26 pm
@Roberta,
I'm ok.....anxious for some reason.

Got four days off....yay!!!!!

Need to start paying back cost of ticket and accommodation in the US. Trembles.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:34 pm
I was at Bellevue twice this week. The first time I saw the internist for a general look-see. She's having me tested for diabetes. I've been borderline in the past.

I saw the radiation gyn for my last visit today. Follow-up to the endometrial (sp?) cancer I had. AOK. She's sending me for a mammogram.

The dogs are coming tomorrow. Can't wait.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:41 pm
@Roberta,
Fingers locked and tapping.

Dogs, I need to see dogs.
Roberta

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 10:52 pm
@ossobuco,
osso, I hope this keeps you going until my next report.

Two Fridays ago the dogs were here. To keep Heaven from chewing on my nose, Joanie offered both dogs two red and white candy canes that are beef chewies. Holly was afraid to take hers. No messing with Heaven, so Heaven got them both. Instead of chewing them, she buried them both in my couch, behind the cushions. There was considerable work and activity involved. Joanie was sure that she would dig them up when it was time to leave. Wrongo, Joanie. Heaven left them there. A sign that she knows she'll be back and that she trusts me. I loved having them there and didn't touch them. Last Friday the canines returned and Heaven found the chewies. She decided to move one of them to behind the cushion of my chair. More work and activity. Her nose was all red from rubbing and pushing the chewies to get them positioned just right. This time Joanie took them. All that work for naught.

I love these animals. Also, Heaven and I are kindred spirits. The similarities are amazing. This makes Joanie laugh.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:14 pm
@Roberta,
To get it over with, I love all of you.

Now then, do not allow heaven to chew your nose, as that is tacky.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2015 11:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Dogs are the best. They celebrate when you come home even if you just returned from the mailbox.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 03:11 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

To get it over with, I love all of you.

Now then, do not allow heaven to chew your nose, as that is tacky.

Isn't! Viola licks my nose. Sebastian chews my fingers.

Glad to hear from Boida!
Roberta

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2015 07:21 am
@dlowan,
osso, Heaven likes to hold my hand in her mouth. She doesn't bite down. I drew the line when she aimed for my nose. Tacky, shmacky. A goil's gotta breathe.

GB, Let's just say that dogs are a bit more open about their feelings than many other pets. When I had cats, I took on faith that they were glad to see me.

deb, I agree. Not tacky. But in some cases risky. Did I mention that these are BIG dogs? Glad to be hoid.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 12:59 am
Just checking in with you. Got everything you need to hunker down for the blizzard and aftermath? Food, medications, etc?
Roberta

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 06:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks for asking, Butrfly. You're a good kid. I brought in a prescription to be filled. It's supposed to be delivered. Hah! It'll arrive when it arrives. I can live without this one. I think.

I went to the supermarket to get a few things. Bedlam. Chaos. Crowded. Empty shelves. No Entemanns! Almost no milk. Two packages of carrots left. I took one. (I'm gonna make chicken soup.)

I have enough stuff to last until maybe Friday.

The streets are white and quiet. The kid in me wants to go out and play. The old fart in me doesn't. But I do love the snow.

BTW, Butrfly, The furry brown coat you sent me is coming in mighty handy. It's toasty warm and is a perfect fit. I'm looking around for a hook and eye so the collar can close. So far, no luck.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:32 pm
@Roberta,
I will send you a couple hook and eyes, one small and one larger since I don't know which would work best.

If I can't find either at the local store, I am pretty sure I have a "frog closure" in my sewing basket that will fit the bill.

A Velcro type hook and loop would probably also work.

Roberta

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2015 10:34 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks. You're an even better kid than I thought.
dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 02:47 pm
@Roberta,
Boida has a warm furry coat! Wish you could go out in the snow and play.

We had a holiday Monday here. The effect in the shops was similar to your blizzard. I hadn't shopped for ages and I absolutely had to shop on Sunday. The crowds were ginormous....it was crazy. It was ONE DAY without shops people! ONE DAY! Nobody was going to starve already.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 06:35 pm
I don't think the shoppers are nuts here. It's the steenkin' news people. A few inches of snow ain't a blizzard. We get noreasters. Know why? We're in the steenkin' noreast.

The prescription arrived today. I'm gonna take a pill now. Then I gotta get the chicken soup going. I haven't made chicken soup in a long time. I'm looking forward to it.

Wish I was in Central Park romping. A good snowball fight would be just the thing.
Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2015 03:43 am
@Roberta,
Almost as good as eating the soup is the smell of it filling the house as it cooks.