Surgery--Again

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 06:37 pm
No symptoms here other than my ordinary litany, knock on wood, but I need to share. I bought two things this week that are unusual for me: bacon, which I consider expensive, all while thinking of you, Robbie, and a pair of shoes. I haven't bought new shoes since I moved here in late 2005. Oh, wait, I lied, I bought some fake crocs at Walgreens a few years ago. And I've bought old shoes at Goodwill. My brand spanking new Danskos arrived today (from the REI outlet store, big sale, even no shipping fee) and they fit. This will be good for my feet and my balance, which is a little timid and fluttery compared to the old days. This will make me more competent in space, I insist.

I await more dog stories....

Russ, enjoy your shirt. You deserve it!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Found Soul, Glad the dental business is over. I'm not shy. If I'm afraid, nervous, tense, angry, whatever, I'll tell whoever will listen.

Ragman, A tasteful Hawaiian shirt? Is there such a thing? I take your word for it. Glad that you're feeling OK.

osso, Congrats on the shoes. New is a good feeling.

I'm wondering whether the asthma doc treats all his patients who turn out to have cancer with such TLC or whether he's one of my angels. I've had two others. The man who helped me get a ride home when it was pouring and I couldn't get a cab and the woman at the motor vehicle bureau who helped my get my nondriver's driver's license after the man behind the counter told me to go home because I had five valid IDs instead of six.

I'm amazed at the amount of bacon buying and eating going on. A kid says she wants bacon--craves bacon--and the next thing you know the bacon business is booming.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 09:39 pm
@Roberta,
I saw bacon in a squeeze bottle. Eeuuoo
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 01:54 pm
@Roberta,
ARGGHH!

For some reason I found myself buying bacon the other afternoon. Not sure what I am supposed to do with it as I don't usually make such a purchase.

Maybe I can put it on the cheese and egg sandwich...or with pastrami...or as an additive to a baked tater...

Good work Roberta, you've helped save the bacon industry (too bad I hadn't invested money in it beforehand)
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 03:27 pm
@Roberta,
Laughing Gas wasn't toooo bad ...

You always think of others.

The bacon business is booming here at A2k, Sturgis had to have some too from the sounds of it and I've still got some in the fridge.

Hope the dogs come to see you soon.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:08 pm
@Roberta,
This morning's breakfast special at the staff caf I sneak into ...

bacon and egg on a croissant

You bet I ordered one!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6452924928/h84064C74/
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 08:00 pm
@Roberta,
When is the biopsy? Or can that not be scheduled until after the Special Check Up?

I am now 99.0% I will be in the US in May. Don't know when, yet. The training is in "Northern California, sometime in May". I finally got to connect with someone in the trainer's world who understood that I needed to know about her forward calendar. They are still deciding on the date and venue, clearly.

You're not going to starve, are you?

Shocked
Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 11:21 pm
@dlowan,
This bacon business is mind boggling.

The biopsy is scheduled for September 22.

You're gonna be in the US of A? Yes!!! I'm gonna see da bunny.

I bought too much in the way of groceries. It's other stuff I have no money for. I raided my piggy bank. I should be OK. Couldn't resist getting fontina--one of my favorite cheeses. Then I had to get pears. Love cheese and fruit. I have some good bread. A divine dinner.

Tomorrow is dog day. Putting away what I don't want to get chewed up. Putting away food. I wonder if dogs like fontina.
dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 01:07 am
@Roberta,
Here's to a magic pudding of a piggy bank!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magic_Pudding
Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 11:43 am
@dlowan,
If my piggy bank were a magic pudding type, you could have some of the "pudding."

Sigh.
Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 04:17 pm
@Roberta,
The large canines just left. I was so looking forward to their visit that I decided to wait for them in the street.

I left a few tissues on the bed for Heaven. Not enough. She ripped apart the bag I keep by the bed for garbage. I love that dog. Holly is so big that she can reach my elephant collection. Hey, dawg. Steer clear of dem pachyderms.

Looking forward to next week already.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:07 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

If my piggy bank were a magic pudding type, you could have some of the "pudding."

Sigh.

I actually got a puddy bank for my birthday! It's a grumpy looking Siamese.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:28 pm
@Roberta,
I've not had real fontina in years. years, YEARS, since northern california and still not the real thing in place.
Don't get me going.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2014 06:36 pm
Holly and Heaven are inscribed in my heart. Ok, that's nice, I want to hear more.

Teasing you, I meant it about inscribed.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 01:20 am
I lost another steenkin' tooth. By the time I get back to the dentist, it won't be so much a rescue as a memorial.

Not gonna bother with the tooth fairy this time. Another bubble burst.
dlowan

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 01:22 am
@Roberta,
I hope you have some teeth by the time I get there! I want to take you out to eat!!
Roberta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 12:04 am
@dlowan,
We'll dine out. I ain't gonna miss a chance to dine with my bunny just because I'm toothless.

Don't worry about a thing.
dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 01:58 am
@Roberta,
Phew!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 04:23 pm
I had my pre-non-surgical admission meeting today at Bellevue. The needle biopsy is Monday.

I'm noivous.

In theory, I should be in and out in the same day. However, they're gonna pierce my lung with a needle. It may collapse. Then I'll be admitted.

Noivous as I am, I say let's get this show on the road.

Sigh.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2014 04:25 pm
@Roberta,
Hang in there..
but you already do that.
Will be thinking of you, both Monday and the worry days before.
0 Replies