Surgery--Again

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 06:32 pm
@Roberta,
So now it's Thursday here.

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:37 pm
@dlowan,
I'm becoming a little distracted with the thought of treatment. Feh.

On the other hand, the dawgs just left. Feeling good. Dem goils is a gift to this planet.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 03:43 pm
@Roberta,
Dem Goils! We need a song or maybe a poem.

not to ignore the treatment worry
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:45 pm
@Roberta,
Treatment. Feh. Only thing worse is non treatment.

I do hope the surgery is possible. Not that that's any fun.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:24 pm
Joan told me that when she turned the corner to come to my place that both dogs started running. She couldn't hold them back. But she didn't fall. My doorman later reported that both dogs ran into the bulding. They love me. They were happy to see me. They do me a world of good.

I'd prefer the surgery too. Kinda. Actually I want the damned tumor to disappear. Not gonna count on it.

If something comes to me poetry-wise, I'll post it here.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm
@Roberta,
I worry, you know me. Maybe Joan needs a helper to contain them. Not re you, but in public space. Oh, never mind, this all made me happy to hear. Very.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:30 pm
@Roberta,
It's Friday here. You've had the lung test? We worry.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:32 pm
Yep. Worrit; worrit!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 05:55 pm
Thanks for remembering and asking.

I had the lung test yesterday. Still recovering.

First was the breathing part of the test. Nose clip and mouth tube. Breathe out as hard as you can and don't stop. Nothing left, but I tried. Then I had to do short, fast breaths. The tech kept yelling, "Harder, faster." I almost made myself laugh. Is this a sex shop or a pulmonary place. I mentioned this to her later. She laughed.

Then I had a long discussion with two doctors and another tech about what would be better: a treadmill or a stationary bike. They went with the bike.

Hooked me up to many electrodes. Strapped a wire helmet to my head and attached a breathing device with an uncomfortable mouthpiece. Hooked up a BP monitor and a thingie on my finger. I said I felt like I was the star of a sci-fi movie.

Then we're off. I had to maintain a pace of 55 to 60 mph for as long as I could. They kept increasing the resistance (like going uphill).

I eventually had no breath left. Holy moley.

The tests were over.

I was so exhausted that I could barely get out of the hospital. I had to sit down four times along the way.

Exhausted when I got home. Not exhausted now.

The asthma doc called me about the test, but I missed his call.

I see the surgeon next week.

The dawgs are coming tomorrow. They light up my life.
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 04:18 pm
@Roberta,
Any news?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 04:37 pm
@Roberta,
It's interesting to me that my immediate reactions to what you are dealing with are all expletives from the christian tradition. I'll be nice and not list them here.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 11:01 pm
@dlowan,
deb, No news. I'll get the results of the test next week. I can pretty well guess what they'll be. Not good.

osso, Are you kidding me? You're worrying about expletives on one of my threads? Why?

Dog visit: Heaven is becoming a little too possessive of me. This is causing some conflict between her and Holly. I love dem dawgs. Made up a little song parody. Couldn't help myself.

Just Holly and me
And Joanie makes three
We're happy with our girl Heaven.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 11:11 pm
@Roberta,
****, the dogs make me happy to read about.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 02:00 am
@Roberta,
when next week? wanna have my hoper on for you
Roberta

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
@dlowan,
Wednesday.
jespah

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 11:29 am
@Roberta,
Hugs
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:03 pm
Back from Bellevue. Saw a PA and a surgeon. The thoracic team met after I left to discuss my case.

I cannot have surgery. Too risky. My pulmonary function test put the kibosh on that.

There are alternatives that do not involve long-term radiation or chemo. Special zappy kinds of treatments referred to by initials I don't remember. They're all noninvasive.

First up would be a needle biopsy. This could be fairly dangerous for me. They're gonna puncture my lung with a needle and get a sample of the tumor. My lung may collapse. They can reinflate it.

Then some kinda zapping. Problem is that Bellevue doesn't do zapping so I'll have to go to another hospital. The problem here will be the copay. Once I know what kind of treatment they're gonna give me and where it will be, I can worry about the copay. Right now I'm kinda relieved.

I decided to have bacon for dinner. I've been craving it for some time. Hey, I lost more weight. I asked the PA if weight loss can be a sign of cancer. Yes, it can. So maybe it's not my teeth.

The dogs are coming on Friday. I'm hanging in.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 05:15 pm
@Roberta,
Don't quite know what to say here. Glad that they can do something although between needles and zappedying it sounds a mite bit uncomfy.

At least you got to eat bacon and have the dogs to look forward to in a couple of days...and nights.

(weight loss can also be a sign of having had to run all over the place to get the tests and such done and then having no energy left for eating...hoping it's that and nothing more)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 07:09 pm
@Roberta,
Gonna cross da bunny's ears and turn the A2K hoper on high gear.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0080/8372/products/tattly_lim_heng_swee_fingers_crossed_web_design_01_grande.jpg?v=1347388342
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 07:11 pm
@Roberta,
You richly deserve bacon, and now it's even good for you. Things do change sometimes..

I'm kinda relieved too, given the other stuff.

Here's to the Friday dogs.. give them scratches from here too.
0 Replies