Surgery--Again

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 07:52 pm
@dlowan,
Don't ask me about New York.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:43 pm
I had a wonderful visit with the dogs. Heaven chewed up my tissue box. I feel such ownership!

My knee is hurting and burning--an unexpected feeling.

My tooth chip became a whole tooth. I'm now missing my top two front teeth. I have to remember not to smile.

I think that osso is suggesting that my social services agency won't want me to deal with the dogs anymore. Not a city agency (department). I thought of that. They can't stop me.

I'm gonna put my tooth under my pillow tonight. If the tooth fairy doesn't show up, I'm gonna be mightily pissed.

I love dem dawgs. They do more for me than I can say. A fall isn't going to change that.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:52 pm
@Roberta,
Love, that was a worry, that bureaucracy would happen.

My own view is that they pay no attention at all.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:44 pm
@Roberta,
My god Boida! Isn't it awfully painful where you lost the tooth? When is the tooth repair coming up!!!!?????

Falling on knees is bad. It's obvious we are going to keep falling on them, but they don't seem built for it. There's lots going on in knees, moving parts and all. They should come equipped with bouncy bollards.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:23 pm
The tooth exit was not painful at all. I thought it was a hard cornflake until I had a closer look.

The whole dental megilla is on hold until the lung situation is resolved.

The knee hurts, but obviously if I'm walking around, nothing is broken. Just burning, sore, and swollen.

Despite the icepacks, I managed to get and give hugs. They licked. I petted and patted. I told Joan that when the doctor was telling me about the cancer and what they would have to do, I thought of those two beautiful canine faces and how they would comfort me. I think Joan may have teared up. Not sure.

I wonder what it is in me that can derive such enormous peace and pleasure from these two animals. Can't happen to everybody. I also wonder what it is in me that makes them react the way they do to me. Holly snuggles with me, something she won't do with Joan.

I'm talking about dogs, not cancer. I love dem dawgs.

Also thinking about the book group. In I'll walk with my toothless smile. Battered and beaten and thoroughly opinionated. Should be interesting.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:23 am
@Roberta,
Dawgs is awfully more fun to talk about than cancer.

You know it seems they can often detect it? I wonder if we will have Dog as well as cat scans soon?

I was filling up my car yesterday morning and the car next to me had a dog with its face sticking out the window. Its face was so lovely it almost made me cry. There's something so pure about the love in the faces of some dogs and cats and so on.....
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 06:07 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Dawgs is awfully more fun to talk about than cancer.

Dawgs are far mor huggable the cancer, Ebola virus, cactuses, etc....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:52 pm
@Roberta,
Many hugs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 05:44 pm
The tooth fairy was a no-show. I tell ya, these fairies ain't what they used to be.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 08:07 pm
@Roberta,
This cannot be contradicted.

You having a lump day?
Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 10:19 pm
@dlowan,
No. I'm gonna try for one tomorrow. I'm entitled to lump. I deserve to lump. I will lump.
dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 11:23 pm
@Roberta,
You'd better....or we may come and thrust lumping upon you!!!!!
dlowan

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 03:24 pm
@dlowan,
How are you? Are you lumping?
Roberta

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 03:36 pm
@dlowan,
I have a black eye. I look like a semi-raccoon. My knee burns.

Yes, I'm lumping. It feels good. A person needs to be a lump every now and then.

How are you? Never did get the results of your tests.
dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 09:42 pm
@Roberta,
Hey. How's mit? Were you able to relax on your lump day and not worry too much?
Roberta

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:28 pm
@dlowan,
I'm eh. Yes, I relaxed on my lump day. It felt good not to have to do anything.

A job turned up today. Proofreading. I like proofreading. At one point, I asked the editor if he'd like to find another proofreader--one who isn't a pain in the ass. He said no. He likes me. Go figure.

Went to the book group. Enjoyed myself. Schmoozing. Talking about a book. I could get used to it. I behaved myself. Didn't say one dirty word. No one else did either.

My knee has turned some amazing colors, and the colors cover a large area. The burning continues, but I can walk just fine.

Hey, knee. Get your act together. I don't feel like seeing yet another doctor.

I decided to throw away the tooth. Let's face it. The tooth fairy is just not gonna show up.

Looking forward to the dog visit on Friday. No walking. Just sitting.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:36 pm
@Roberta,
Your proofreader upper person is hired.

I'm sending him his dessert of choice, let me not guess wrong.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 06:42 pm
@Roberta,
I have a friend who recently died from emphyzema and another of lung cancer, but they lived fully til the end. I hope you (and I) can do likewise. My best to you dear.
JLN
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 03:18 pm
@Roberta,
Thinking you were having a test Tuesday? It's Friday here so Tuesday must have happened. Any news? We worry.

Edit.

Doh. Test on the 19th. That is next Wednesday, our time.
Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 05:34 pm
@dlowan,
The test has been moved to Wed, the 20th. Thanks for remembering. What a bunny.