Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 11:17 pm
@Izzie,
vonny, Worrying for me is not a habit. It's in my nature.

Izzie, I smiled when I saw your name here. Querida, worrying and kvetching are two very separate and distinct things. I doubt that I'll ever truly stop either. Kvetching is a particular kind of complaining. Worrying is stewing, fretting, etc.

I said the following on these boards a very long time ago. I think it's worth repeating now.

If kvetching were an Olympics event, there's no doubt I would win the gold. And as I accepted the medal, I'd be worrying about falling off the victory platform and kvetching that the medal wasn't 24 karet gold.

Laughing
abcdental

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm
@Roberta,
trust me.. hiatal hernia is just a minor operation and you wont feelo anything ... i wish you a speedy recovery
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 05:04 pm
@Roberta,
Worrying makes one feel bad; kvetching makes one feel good (or at least better). Is that right?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@Roberta,
So......how's mit?
Roberta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 03:03 pm
@dlowan,
At the moment, not so hot. I'm off to the emergency room. My BP is very high. I'll let you know when I get back.

Roberta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:05 pm
@Roberta,
I ran into my super on my way out. He suggested that I get my BP checked at the drugstore before I head to the ER. I did. It's still high, but the pharmacist thinks it can wait as long as I see a doctor. I'll go to the hospital on Monday.

It's always something.
Izzie

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:09 pm
@Roberta,
((((Boida)))) big hugs,huge love from across the poind. Thinking of you. Do hope the doc can help on Monday xxxx
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:31 am
@Roberta,
Good luck with the BP. Just been off having a zillion tests re mine.

Pain in the bum it is!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:47 am
Back from the ER. I checked my BP again. Off the charts. (I have a new monitor.) I got there fast. BP high but not off the charts. Spent almost five hours there.

I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm pissed off at the monitor, and I have lots of work to do.

Deb, you let me know what's happening with you. Please. I worry.
vonny

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 04:21 am
@Roberta,
Good to see you post, Roberta. Sorry to hear that you had such a long wait in hospital, but good that your BP wasn't as high as first thought.

I hope you've had something to eat by now, and managed to get some work done. Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 04:55 pm
I finished two rush jobs. I'm getting too old for this.

My BP is still higher than it should be. I think I'm going to go the hospital tomorrow even though my appointment is for next week. There's a walk-in clinic. I will have to get there early.

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 05:16 pm
@Roberta,
How is your salt intake? Are your ankles swelling? Are you getting enough water daily? Got your meds?

Please do go see the experts who also know your history. My worry beads are out and going non stop while I aim a sense of wellness to you. Don't move, I might miss and hit the monitor.

Ease up on the stress bubby. Your health is more important than those rush jobs. When is the last time you took a lump day for yourself?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 05:19 pm
@Roberta,
please let us know how tomorrow's visit goes, eh...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 06:42 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to hear yours is still up.

Don't know what is happening with me. Having a bazillion tests to exclude things. Hate tests. Would rather not know!

Maybe it's just stress.....it's been a difficult few months. It went nuts when I had to go back up to the APY Lands, and hasn't come down properly.

We shall see!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 06:43 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I finished two rush jobs. I'm getting too old for this.

My BP is still higher than it should be. I think I'm going to go the hospital tomorrow even though my appointment is for next week. There's a walk-in clinic. I will have to get there early.

When can you stop working already?
0 Replies

sentinelmed

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 12:30 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I completely agree with you. It is a tough task for both the parties to handle this stress. A patient must be hopeful to recover from illness. Being hopeful helps a lot in recovering. Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 01:36 am
I've been doing a lot to get the BP down. No salt. No caffeine (I haven't had a Pepsi in days). And I stopped taking one of my asthma meds. It has a very powerful effect on my BP.

I'm also making the effort to recall one of the days when I felt better than any other. On a three-masted schooner sailing off the coast of Maine. No land in sight. No motor. Just wind and waves. Sigh.

I'm happy to report that the diastolic number went down by ten points. The BP is still above normal, but not alarmingly so. Not going to the hospital tomorrow. I'm gonna keep lumping.

Then I gotta get my tax stuff together and get my taxes done. Not one of your more relaxing exercises. But I'll feel better knowing they're done.

Debbele, I can't stop working. It's part of my agreement with the social services agency. Maybe in a few months. Not sure if I want to stop completely. Just not two rush jobs at the same time. Also maybe no more editing. Only proofreading.

Thanks to my sainted social worker, I've been accepted in a dental program. They found a dentist in my neighborhood who might be interested in taking my case.

Also, the ssw is trying to find me some help so that I can get new glasses. Maybe then the problems I've been having with working will ease up. No eyestrain headaches.

Thanks for the comments and interest. You guys are da best. Don't know what I'd do without you.

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 05:13 am
@Roberta,
Oh, please with the teeth and the glasses!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 08:22 am
@Roberta,
Beetroot is very good for getting BP down, either eating it or in juice form. Beware though, it can turn your wee pink and your poo red. So if you drink a load don't worry if it looks like there's blood in your poo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 09:46 am
@Roberta,
Very good (well, way beyond very good) re the sainted ssw finding the dentist and addressing the glasses question. I'm betting that asthma med had a lot to do with the bp craziness.

0 Replies