Surgery--Again

Below viewing threshold (view)
Roberta

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 06:36 am
@Miller,
Miller, I guess I'm a rotten, selfish bitch. I have absolutely no intention of providing private information about the plan I developed with my social worker on a public forum.

Note that my financial problems will be far from solved.

Hey, poor a2kers. If you're over 65 and if you want some info, send me a PM. I'll do what I can to help. If you're under 65, I don't know whether what I know applies to you.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:29 am
@Miller,
goodbye.

and be careful of the door on the way out...
Rockhead

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:54 am
@Miller,
bullshit...

I publicly take offense regularly about people calling others trash.

feel free to try again.

preferably on a different thread.

I have nothing against jews or white folks...

I am mostly white myself.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:59 am
@Roberta,
All the best Rob, I hope all goes well. I can't believe how mean spirited some people are. I live in a country where Universal Health Care, like Education, is a right. It's quite a shock to see that some selfish people don't view it as that.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:07 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta that sense of relief, the knowledge that you've worked your butt of most of your life and you come to an age where, finally, you are thanked for doing so, given support I'm going to look forward to that myself. Here we also have health cards for medicals, senior discounts for this and that, I don't know if I would like being called a senior but then I'm a witch Smile

There were also times in my life, youth, where I didn't have a job. I walked the streets (no not what you are thinking) Smile Collecting as much money as I could for charities and was paid for it. Dang 20hrs of walking a week was a bit much, well 4 - 5hrs a day straight, but it got me through some real tough times until I found work again, which ended up being hospitality dang thing lasted 17 years before real estate came into it. I have a strange feeling though that I am a work-a-holic and not having kids, means I could go and work anywhere try anything and not be restricted. Never been sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing...

I don't want 65+ to roll on yet for me, you understand Smile But, I'm really happy to hear that all your years of work is acknowledged as it would be here in Australia.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 03:08 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
Just think of all the good you could do, if you wanted to, if you could tell all the poor folks on A2K, about your good fortune with a Social Worker in NYCITy, who has helped you have all of your bills paid.

In so doing, A2K members who are needy and deserving of social/ financial assistance may benefit from your good fortune and solve their own social/ financial problems.

A2K members who are in need of financial assistance, and who live in the U.S., should check both their county and state Web sites for the types of financial aid and social service assistance that is available, and how to go about applying for it. This information, which is not exactly kept secret, and which may differ from state to state, is available to anyone who wants to bother seeking it out.

I do not consider receiving such assistance a stroke of "good fortune"--I'd reserve that for a lottery win or an unexpected inheritance. These benefits are one of the reasons we pay taxes, and I see the allocation of funds in this way as one of the better uses of my tax monies. And the amounts received rarely resolve all financial problems.

Can't you just be happy for Roberta that a terrible burden of continual anxiety about finances has been significantly eased for her? Why do the details of it matter to you? Why are you urging her to do anything to spread the word about it?

"Just think of all the good you could do, if you wanted to," by just sharing Roberta's sense of relief, and wishing her well, and letting her know you care about her welfare, and you're glad her life may now be a little easier for her. And, if those things don't matter to you, I'd have to wonder what your real motives are for posting in this thread.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 07:24 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Hi Gang,

I'm happy (a major understatement) to report that starting in April my major day-to-day money problems will be over. My bills will be paid. I'll be able to live without worrying. A gigantic weight has been lifted off me.

I still have money issues to deal with. Still have health issues to take care of. But the constant worry will be over. I'll have enough money to live on.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sZ-HtnjiVcw/TQ9b7bGOm6I/AAAAAAAABQ0/MMCmgbg_sG4/s1600/snoopy-dance.jpeg

Hos dd I miss THIS!!!?????

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 09:44 pm
@Roberta,
WHEW!!!

Fabulous news! I am so happy for you!
Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 02:39 am
@Eva,
Thanks, Eva.

Debbele, I was wondering where you were.
dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 10:35 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Thanks, Eva.

Debbele, I was wondering where you were.

I was in Australia.

How are you feeling as the news sinks in?

Roll on April!~!!
Roberta

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:33 pm
@dlowan,
Bunny, You've known me for a very long time. Can you possibly believe that I feel that everything is wonderful. Good, yes, kinda. But I keep thinking up potential problems. Real ones. If I could shut my brain off for a while, I could relax a little.

And I'm driving my social worker crazy. I may have to nominate her for sainthood. Can you be a saint if you're not Catholic? Is she Catholic? How the hell should I know?

In the meantime, I'm being inundated with work. Rush jobs. What the hell is the hurry? I really don't care what the hurry is. I get paid more for for rush jobs.

How's my bunny doing. You coming to the US?
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 01:24 am
@Roberta,
Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Your brain is so accustomed to worry it feels bad if it ain't worrying. Mindfulness might be useful for you....it is for me and I have the same kind of brain.

Waiting to hear where the training I want to do is happening and when.

Trying to save.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:43 am
@dlowan,
I just have to say that Miller is finally shedding the persona she costumed herself in to pass as a human being, she had little credibility on other sites as KAK. If KAK is 80 years old, survived brain surgery and the aftermath of chemotherapy, and still has her paper route, good for her. She still hasn't contributed the same amount of tax payments as others. I don't know where nosey KAK lives, but she probably doesn't have the same tax burden as New Yorkers or DC residents . New York, Conneticut, California, Washington State, and a number of other densely populated states pay for KAK's highway access. Oh, and by the way, you are welcome, you harpy.
dlowan

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2014 02:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Please don't feed the troll.
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:38 pm
@dlowan,
The sainted social worker just left. Most of the things I was worrying about have been resolved.

When I can't find anything to worry about, the plan will be perfect.
vonny

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 03:40 pm
@Roberta,
Wonderful to hear that most of your worries have been resolved. I'm truly happy for you Roberta.

As for you not worrying ... I guess it's become a habit after so long? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2014 05:09 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The sainted social worker just left. Most of the things I was worrying about have been resolved.

When I can't find anything to worry about, the plan will be perfect.

A non-kvetching BOIDA... you want we all should worry!

I'm following along, Boida love... am so pleased that things may become easier now with the finances... and that you've got jobs coming in... now, we just have to get you a good stock or oreos and pepsi.

Well done Thomas Mensch for helping you out and many pats on the back for a social worker who helped you. Bless their hearts.

(((((((((((((((((((((((Boida))))))))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxx