Surgery--Again

JPB

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 12:43 pm
Hoping the Wednesday meetings bring positive plans towards next steps and can somehow bring some relief to the anxiety you're facing, Roberta.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:11 pm
Diane wrote:
Roberta wrote:

Quote:
I finally jumped in to the conversation and stuck in my two cents about their friend whose husband beat her. They were laughing. I was not amused. Sigh. Two new friends. Got my bp taken and was moved along.

Only those who have met our Boida can pull up a mental image of that situation in full color. Her attitude is one of no nonsense, dry humor and a "Do It Now" message that is remeniscent of "She who must be obey'd."

Thing is, I can see the nurses treating her with respect instead of the usual roll of the eyes, "If I must," attitude.

Yes, I'm sure she added two new friends to her roster.

Hey, fallen nun. You talkin' 'bout me? Yeah. I made them laugh, but they knew I did not think being beaten was funny. You can count on that. Managed to get my bp taken too. Rolling Eyes

JP: Thanks for remembering that this was the day--and for the good wishes.

It was the looooooooooooooooongest day. Got there at 9. Walked out the door at 3:20. Thud.

Haven't slept since Monday night.

I got some potentially good news, potentially not so good news, potentially ooky news, and potentially okay news. Also encountered a group of people who are absolutely rooting for me.

More later (with details). Right now I must wind down and sleep.
sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:20 pm
Haven't slept since Monday night?!

Thanks for the pre-sleep update. Will look forward to more AFTER you've gotten some rest.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:27 am
(hoping 'boida finds her way here...)
Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:32 am
@Region Philbis,
Only just barely sorta kinda, reg.

I've recovered from my initial hysteria at having no access to my PMs.

Thomas, Please either call me or send me an e-mail. I have your phone number stored carefully in my a2k PMs.

Soz, Please e-mail me.

For both of you, Diane, Deb, and Olga have my e-mail address. I don't want to post it here.

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:34 am
@Roberta,
Does everybody get to see what I say, or just the person I'm responding to? Oy gevalt.
sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:36 am
@Roberta,
I see it!

I have deb's email, will ask her for yours.

Don't panic!

You're posting here, that's the hardest part. Everything after that is gravy.

P.S.: One of my email addresses is this username at yahoo.com. That's a way you can reach me soon (I'm about to commence rushing around and won't be back for a bit tho...)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:36 am
@Roberta,
everybody can see.

if you don't wanna reply to a specific post, go to the top left and click "reply to all"...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:52 am
@Roberta,
I see your posts. You're doing fine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 01:56 pm
I think (don't trust me) that you have to hit Top (little tiny itty bitty eenie weenie word just to the left of the page scroll bar..
look at the top left side of page
click on reply to all, or just reply to the first post

then we all see it.

If not, if you just replied to the last person, I think it goes under a more faint Replies list.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if what I just said is true, or if it is only true sometimes.

Or maybe both happen, we see it, and the replies to a single post are accumulatated in that post.

Roberta, looking forward to hearing more when you have had some rest and food.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:18 pm
OK, I was quite wrong about it not showing if you hit the reply button to the last person, and right about replies to that person accumulating in that person's post.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
Welcome back, Roberta.

Oh and something will be wending its way to your home once I get a chance to go to the post office, courtesy of a person who, well, you'll know who it is when you get the item. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:28 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Also encountered a group of people who are absolutely rooting for me.

I can't imagine anything else.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:50 pm
I'm fuhblungit, confused, disoriented, and snarly about this new site. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

By the time I figure out how to post a picture on my animals thread, the animals will have evolved into something else. Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl.

Yesterday at the hospital:

I finally got to meet with the doctor. First choice is laser surgery--no radiation. The problem here is that I've got all my teeth! Yes, folks, brushing and flossing ain't all it's cracked up to be. My teeth may prevent them from getting a fair-sized tube into my mouth and down my throat.

Second choice, but not a prime option, is to go in through my neck. As the doctor explained this, he drew a line across his throat. I asked for an end to the pantomime. Thud. The problem here is that throat surgery is very risky for people with COPD.

The third choice is radiation, which I'm hoping to avoid.

The docs will know within twenty minutes whether the laser surgery will work or not.

Surgery date: September 8.

Next to the surgical coordinator, who then sent me to finance and to get more blood work, another EKG, and another chest X-ray (I just had these for the biopsy). The finance person was out to lunch. She came back. She told me what I would need to pay upfront. I started to cry. We talked. She thought. She, the surgical coordinator, the doctor, and I managed to find a way to lower that tear-rendering number. These are the people who care. Not going into details. Who knows who's reading this? The new amount does not have a comma in it. Do I have it? No. But I probably will in time. I hope.

Got the tests. Walked several miles. Managed to sleep some. Since Monday I've had about 7 hours of sleep. Who needs sleep?

Now this new site business. I'm not adjusting well, but you all could have guessed that.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:34 pm
@Roberta,
Tough time to face a new site. But we're here, although some folks are still getting in.

Teeth, who knew?

I've nothing smart to say, just here.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:04 am
Options are good. Always good to have options.

Let me know if there's anything / any way to help.

(other than ironing. I love ya, but I don't do ironing.)

0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:12 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, If it's any consulation, I'm not taking too well to this new site either. Just found this thread again and want to send you best wishes. I hope the laser surgery pans out. I can't beleive they haven't figured out a work-around for teeth!

BTW, Where did my new signature come from? I didn't put iot there.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:15 pm
@Swimpy,
I agree, amazed re that, Swimpy. Not that I'm any expert.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:16 pm
Meantime, we're here, kiddo..

(sending you some virtual Sjaak's chocolate creams. Weird, I remember the flavors I liked, but not the ones you did. Did you like or hate the lemon ones?)
Borat Sister

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 07:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeppers...we're here.

Would be great to hear from you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Boida)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies