Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 11:12 am
Back from Bellevue. I had the leg vein (Venn) test today as well as the chest X-ray.

My first appointment was at 11. I was out in the street looking for a cab at noon. A MIRACLE.

The leg test was ultrasound, so no needles, no IV, no dye. Just jelly stuff on my legs and the ultrasound thing. So I'm lying there and the machine burped. Actually it sounded like a combination of a giganto Grandpa belch after a giganto Grandma meal and a lion's roar. I asked the technician if the machine had gas. No. That's the sound it makes when blood is circulating through your veins. You want to hear that. I heard it a bunch more times. Although I'll get the official results from a doctor on Thursday, the tech said I shouldn't worry. Hah! Look who she's talking to. Actually as soon as she said that I refocused the bulk of my worrying from my legs to the chest X-ray.

I brought work with me to get done while I was waiting. No waiting. So now I gotta do it here.

Manana the periodontist. Ugh. And Thursday the doctor.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 02:04 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Looking good, actually. Both shoots have one root forming. I'll plunk them into some soil and make sure they are thriving before I ship them. I'll put the pot (not the exposed plant) in a ziploc bag and close it as best I can so the dirt doesn't get all over everything then pack it in a box with styrofoam peanuts and ship it two-day express. I get plants this way from the nursery I mail order from. It should be fine.

PM me an addy where you want me to ship it and I'll have it out to you later this week or early next.

Mr B walked by the cup they're sitting in and said I should start some more and keep them here in the office with me. It makes a nice addition to the piles of papers.

Zippity do-dah, zippity day
My-oh-my...

Guess what I found?!?!?!?!

A lovely, low, FULL philodendron for almost free at my grocery story. It's much fuller than my sprigs.

It'll ship tomorrow.
Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 09:15 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

JPB wrote:

Looking good, actually. Both shoots have one root forming. I'll plunk them into some soil and make sure they are thriving before I ship them. I'll put the pot (not the exposed plant) in a ziploc bag and close it as best I can so the dirt doesn't get all over everything then pack it in a box with styrofoam peanuts and ship it two-day express. I get plants this way from the nursery I mail order from. It should be fine.

PM me an addy where you want me to ship it and I'll have it out to you later this week or early next.

Mr B walked by the cup they're sitting in and said I should start some more and keep them here in the office with me. It makes a nice addition to the piles of papers.

My-oh-my...

A lovely, low, FULL philodendron for almost free at my grocery story. It's much fuller than my sprigs.

It'll ship tomorrow.

Very excited and thrilled. I appreciate your doing this for me. And appreciate your starting the little sprigs. I'm assuming that they won't be for nought since Mr. B suggested you start some for your office.

The plant may arrive at about the same time as the new slipcovers. I'm excited.

Thanks mucho, JPB. I'm grateful.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2010 01:34 pm
Back from Bellevue, Part Deux.

Waited today. Got to see the periodontist. Got a referral to a dental clinic, which is what I wanted. I was getting ready to leave. The doc told me to stick out my right hand. I did. He grabbed it and kissed it.

Still smiling.
Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 03:36 pm
Back from Bellevue, Part Trois,

No blood clots in my legs. Nothing new with the chest X-ray. Nobody knows why I can't walk. I'll be starting physical therapy on the chance that it will help.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 03:44 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
The doc told me to stick out my right hand. I did. He grabbed it and kissed it.

Still smiling.

you do inspire some marvellous things

love it

huuuuuuuuuuuuuge smile here
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 03:53 pm
You are one remarkable person, roberta.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 04:36 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Back from Bellevue, Part Deux.

Waited today. Got to see the periodontist. Got a referral to a dental clinic, which is what I wanted. I was getting ready to leave. The doc told me to stick out my right hand. I did. He grabbed it and kissed it.

Still smiling.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 12:46 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
The doc told me to stick out my right hand. I did. He grabbed it and kissed it.

Still smiling.

love that bigtime! Very Happy

me too smiling for you.

when does your physio start goil?

((you))
Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 12:57 pm
@Izzie,
September. By then I'll either be OK or crawling. Wait. Can't do that either. I'll be inch-worming my way around.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 03:31 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

My-oh-my...

It'll ship tomorrow.

JPB! The greenery has arrived--safe, sound, and alive. It's sitting where it's supposed to be. I put it in a clay pot. the sun is streaming in on it. The springer spaniel is feigning indifference. POIFECT!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

BTW, the slipcovers arrived today. I'm about to get them on the furniture. Wanted to say thanks first.
sozobe

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:00 pm
@Roberta,
Yay!

Applause for JPB!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:10 pm
@Roberta,
oh.....

you're welcome!

I'm glad... Happy, even.

Give the spaniel a hug from me.

Every puppy should have a bush to pee on.
Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:23 pm
@JPB,
If that porecelain pups pees on anything, he'll be in big trouble.

The slipcovers are on. Are they great? No. Are they better than what was there before? Only by about 97.36 percent.

I'm pooped but pleased.

Amazing what an improvement in your environment can do for your state of mind.

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:33 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Give the spaniel a hug from me.

Every puppy should have a bush to pee on.

ha... that made me chuckle!

yay JPB - you're brilliant! Very Happy

((Boida)) - very happy about new covers!

less happy about lengthy wait for PT - but... keep on keeping on goil. x

<awaits official naming ceremony of said philo....fillo.... plant>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:10 pm
@Roberta,
Can you find a reasonable likeness of your slip-covers on the net to show us?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:56 pm
Foist I have to revise my less than enthusiastic reaction to the slipcovers. When I put them on the furniture, the sun was pouring into the room, and the colors looked washed out. When the sun went down and the lights went on, the colors popped. Totally pleased now.

Here's a pic. Change the blue to blood red:

http://www3.shopsmartbargains.com/images/product/304844/3048442066_LG.jpg

Izzie, I gotta name a plant? My trees don't have names. Won't they be offended?

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:05 pm
@Roberta,
Whoa!!!

That's GOTTA be energising!!

This kind of red?
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/9/5/9/0/8/webimg/375406538_tp.jpg
Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:10 pm
@dlowan,
A bit deeper.
dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:18 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

A bit deeper.

Bloody Boida, the fastest fur-face found!