Surgery--Again

Izzie

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 01:45 pm
@Roberta,
Hello Boida Goil

How are you today? Still a little shaky or....

How are the new meds?

Been thinking of you and hope Herbie is still away.

Love love and love x
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 01:53 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks for the info, Butrfly. I'm only too aware of the danger they're in. Great photo. I may plunk it in my Beautiful Animals thread.

Not only am I up to reading, but I'm working.

Doing okay.

Triple love and a half back atcha, Iz. Not shaky. The new dose seems ok. What do I know? The voimin appears poimanently gone, but what do I know?

Thinking of you, too, especially last night when I went on a drawing craze. I thought, "Izzie would smile." One of the goofier pictures ever. Loved doing it.
msolga

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 03:45 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
The new dose seems ok. What do I know?

That's very good to hear, Roberta. And a huge relief. (For a minute, back there, I almost believed you! Should've known better! Wink )

Quote:
.. I'm working.

Doing okay.

Very good to hear, too! You've bounced back pretty quickly! Smile
(I hope your new manuscript is considerably more interesting than the last few!)

Quote:
.. last night when I went on a drawing craze ...

Could I ask what you're drawing, Roberta? Are you still painting? When is your next art therapy class? (I'm very interested in this stuff! I wish you could post a few of your efforts here.)

(I'm also wondering if you've received my emails. Particularly after the problems we experienced before. Here's hoping.)

From this long way away, Roberta, it sounds like you're definitely on the up & up now. I do hope that's right. And I hope that you don't have to even think about another medical procedure for a long, long time! Preferably never!

My love & best wishes to you, Roberta.

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 04:32 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
The new dose seems ok. What do I know?

That's very good to hear, Roberta. And a huge relief. (For a minute, back there, I almost believed you! Should've known better! Wink )

Quote:
.. I'm working.

Doing okay.

Very good to hear, too! You've bounced back pretty quickly! Smile
(I hope your new manuscript is considerably more interesting than the last few!)

Quote:
.. last night when I went on a drawing craze ...

Could I ask what you're drawing, Roberta? Are you still painting? When is your next art therapy class? (I'm very interested in this stuff! I wish you could post a few of your efforts here.)

(I'm also wondering if you've received my emails. Particularly after the problems we experienced before. Here's hoping.)

From this long way away, Roberta, it sounds like you're definitely on the up & up now. I do hope that's right. And I hope that you don't have to even think about another medical procedure for a long, long time! Preferably never!

My love & best wishes to you, Roberta.

Olga, One thing at a time. The new manuscript is not especially interesting, but it is better written. When I'm working, I don't care about interesting. In fact it distracts from the work.

I've been on a cleaning craze. Little bit at a time. I'm finishing up the kitchen. Two boxes of steel wool pads. Countless paper towels and sponges. A whole thingie of spray cleaner. But the appliances are white and glistening. The counters are clear and clean. The sink is white and glistening as is the refrigerator. I also cleaned out the inside of the fridge. And I got into a small cabinet that still had catfood in it. All gone.

I was euphoric, not just because it was clean but because it looked the way it used to when I wasn't sick. Because I tried to do it many times before and was overwhelmed or too tired. I'm almost done.

I'm drawing with pastels. Found a piece of colored paper--bright purple. Drew a stove--burners, handles, the whole thing. White and silver (for the chrome). Then I put red and orange stars around it and blue and aqua streamers coming down. Not enough. I put a smile on the stove. Still not enough. I drew a golden pan on one of the burners and filled it with tomato sauce.

It's a goofy-looking picture, but the joy in the drawing of it was there.

My therapist asked why I thought I was feeling so "up" today. Because nothing is hovering over me. No cancer. No surgery. Just upkeep on my bod--and hoping for the best. And signs that the former me are returning. Hey, I remember you.

I received two e-mails from you. The first was a quickie. The second a longer missive. Sorry if I didn't respond. I'm been a bit distracted, and I'm way behind in my correspondence.

Love to you, too.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:17 pm
@Roberta,
The Empress sends greetings. We met briefly after work tonight.

She's on some special work project with NO vacation allowed until sometime after September. We want to come to Noo Yawk, but we are having some timing problems. As brendalee will retire next year, we'll only have two schedules to dance around. Of course, none of us wants to wait until next year.

The debate continues - as do all the loving greetings from the round girls from Tranna.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:18 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
My therapist asked why I thought I was feeling so "up" today. Because nothing is hovering over me. No cancer. No surgery. Just upkeep on my bod--and hoping for the best. And signs that the former me are returning. Hey, I remember you.

Excellent, terrific, wonderful, fantastic, brilliant, marvellous, Roberta!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
I'm drawing with pastels. Found a piece of colored paper--bright purple. Drew a stove--burners, handles, the whole thing. White and silver (for the chrome). Then I put red and orange stars around it and blue and aqua streamers coming down. Not enough. I put a smile on the stove. Still not enough. I drew a golden pan on one of the burners and filled it with tomato sauce. It's a goofy-looking picture, but the joy in the drawing of it was there.

Oh I love this Roberta. Your apartment the way you want it AND lots of pastel drawings, too. Love the smile on the stove. I can just see the smile on your face as you drew that!

Don't worry about responding to my emails, Roberta. When you're in the mood to, OK? I was more interested to know whether our previous "technical difficulties: were over or not (very perplexing frustrating they were!) . Sounds like they are. Another reason to smile! Very Happy

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 05:34 pm
@Roberta,
Yay for some kind of nomality...

yay for work and more yay for paintings... GOOD... keep going... know I would've loved it - Boida feelings. x

gonna sleep now Boida...

Murphy just brought in 2 Herbies which got put out again... didn't check for heartbeats.

Black cat is missing....4 days.... Crying or Very sad

Finger crossed. Hope in higher gear is good.

Night Boida. x
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 08:02 pm
@Roberta,
A clean stove!!!! With golden bowls and all!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 09:25 pm
Hope you got good rest, Izzie. You deserve, and you need it.

Deb, Of course, a golden skillet. What else should a goil from the Bronx make tomato sauce in?
dlowan

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 11:40 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Deb, Of course, a golden skillet. What else should a goil from the Bronx make tomato sauce in?

You're right, of course.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 02:10 am
Boida,

A clean apartment, a golden skillet filled with tomato sauce. Yay!

You are remembering you again--that is one of the best things I've read in a long time.

Life is good. (It's about time!!)

I don't talk much, but I take joy in reading of your success and I think of you with love and best wishes.

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:01 am
@Roberta,
Hey Boida... I am resting a lot at the moment... fatigued methinks.

OK... I have to tell you this - your ears must have been burning today!

Last March (2009) I went to a Post Office and left some of my photocards there - well, me being me, then didn't have the guts to go back to find out if they sold. However, yesterday I rang them up about something else and arranged to go up today as most of them had sold (£30 but every little helps ya know) - anyhoo - I walked in, 14 months after I had met this lady, and the very first thing she said was "How is your friend who was poorly, the Noo Yawk Lady" - that was you - she remembered all about you from when I had told her your story and what you had been through and was then just so delighted to know that you had the gamma recently and that you were doing really well. How cool is that! You are famous in Brentor and Mary Tavy!!!!!!!!! She was amazed at what you have been through and asked to be updated on your progress. Very Happy

Hope today is a good day for you.

big love x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 11:09 am
Roberta. I love your clean kitchen pastel and I haven't even seen it. Perhaps someone could take a snapshot of it post it to the site....?
Roberta

Reply Sat 15 May, 2010 02:19 pm
@littlek,
bethie, Phooey on another delay. But better late than never. Send the goils my regards.

Yes, olga, it feels good to be able to function again, even at a minimal level. It was far too long that nothing was happening.

It's great that my kitchen is clean again, but the important thing for me emotionally is:

"I was euphoric, not just because it was clean but because it looked the way it used to when I wasn't sick. Because I tried to do it many times before and was overwhelmed or too tired. "

For someone suffering from depression, this is major. A triumph.
Smile

Izzie, Murphy is a good PC. Worrying about Blackie. Come home! Thrilled to know my fame is becoming international. Your kvetchy Noo Yawk friend has a far reach. Glad to hear that the postcards sold. Not surprised. I hope you're getting plenty of rest.

Hey deb, Is gold good for cooking? I'd hate to have molten metal in my sauce.

Diane, I had no idea you were a loiker. Glad to know you're around.

littlek, It is a very goofy-looking picture. I mean very. It probably sounds better than it looks--but the feelings are there.

Now I'm going to tackle the coat closet--the beginning of the living room. Overwhelming. I'll do a little bit at a time. I also have to figure out how to wash the kitchen floor. I used to get down on my hands and knees to scrub. No longer possible. I'll think of something. No rush.

Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:22 am
So it's 2:30 in the morning, and I decide to make some tomato sauce. Don't know why. It just came to me.

I get out two cooking vessels: my mother's old cast iron skillet (for browning the onions and garlic and smooshing the tomato paste) and my gold sauce pot.

Yes, I have a gold-colored sauce pot. It was a gift from my mother's friend when I got my own apartment. Forgot about it when I was drawing my picture. When I reached for it, I smiled.

Cooking in gold.

I'll have chicken parmagiana tomorrow--with a small garden salad. I'll throw in some provolone. I was saving it for Herbie, but he's gone.

Tough noogies, Herbie.
dlowan

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:31 am
@Roberta,
Sounds wonderful!!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 03:42 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
So it's 2:30 in the morning, and I decide to make some tomato sauce. Don't know why. It just came to me.

Very Happy

And why not?

2:30 in the morning is an excellent time to cook!

Go for it, Roberta & enjoy tomorrow's chicken parmigiana. I wish I could join you. It's going to be absolutely delicious, I know!

Quote:
I'll throw in some provolone. I was saving it for Herbie, but he's gone.

Tough noogies, Herbie.

Smile

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 09:15 pm
So I'm walking back from the kitchen to the living room. The TV was on, and I heard a little music. Didn't think about it. I was moving to the music. I was dancing spontaneously. Not well, but moving. First I was amazed. Then I laughed. Then I cried.

I finally ordered food from FreshDirect (a Christmas present from Sheila.) Can't wait. Ordered things I don't usually buy. I have my dinner planned for tomorrow. Mouth watering. Drooling. Slurping.

Cleaning report: Everything is done in the kitchen but the floor. The coat closet it done. The little table by the door no longer has piles on it. It's polished. The credenza by the walk-in closet is cleaned out. I took one very old CRT screen down to the basement. (It fell on my foot. No major damage done.) I took three ancient keyboards to the incinerator room.

Two more ancient computers to remove. Then a major heavy lifting kinda thing. Wanna make things more functional. What's the point of sifting through papers and making more piles. I need to access my file cabinet, which is in the walk-in closet which makes it inaccessible. Oy. Have a spot planned for it next to my computer.

Hard work--and very satisfying.

Who is this obsessive, energetic dancer?

mac11

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 09:37 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Who is this obsessive, energetic dancer?
That's the Boida we know and love. I'm so happy to hear this good news!
Roberta

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:01 pm
@mac11,
Thanks, mac. Have you moved into your new digs? How's it going?