Surgery--Again

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 12:30 pm
@Roberta,
Over!

Huzzah!

(Did they put the pins in your skull to keep it immobilized? I was going to say something about that right around the part when you said you didn't want too much information and since I couldn't remember for sure how that worked I didn't open my yap.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:03 pm
"It's over" - what a magical statement! Congrats, Roberta (and phew!).
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:17 pm
@Roberta,
Going to bed now Boida feeling so much relief for you and hoping and sending more healing wishes to you - hope you will feel so much better in the morning and the steroids will help (watch your blood sugars on them)

love love love and warm gentle hugs my friend.

DONE... so pleased for you.

You have been in all our thoughts - why - coz you're the Boida and we love you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:22 pm
Thanks, Robin!
Roberta, I'm relieved.. well, we all are.

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1400000/Oreos-oreo-1413880-800-480.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:22 pm
Whew!!

Now waiting to hear more tomorrow>

Joe(who wants a brownie?)Nation
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:26 pm
@Roberta,
Phew.

Hope you feel better already.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:27 pm
@Roberta,
I'm so glad your brain is finally zapped away, and we don't have to listen to all that kvetching anymore. This thread will be so tranquil in the future! Lovely.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 04:41 pm
@Roberta,
Hip hip hooray!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 05:40 pm
SLEEP. Feel better.

Robin brought food and we both ate. I was bleeding. Blood dripping down my aging face. I panicked. Then I unpanicked. Put some cold cotton balls on the dripping. I tightened the bandage. They had a problem with it because of the thickness of my hair in the back.

The bleeding stopped.

Spent the whole day either semi conscious or kvetching. Actually I was kvetching even when I was semi conscious. You can't keep a champion kvetcher down.

Met my doctor without my glasses on. I have no idea what he looks like. He's a man, thinnish, with dark wavy hair.

Yes, soz. The thing on my head was pinned on. Painful. PAINFUL. Is it a two? No, lady. It's maybe a six. The injections they stuck in my scalp were a five.

The device it self was at times a seven and once an eight. I was yelling. The device was also at times very heavy. I couldn't move from the weight.

Robin's timing was perfect. What I didn't know was that they called her to tell her when to be there.

Fell asleep standing up, at the computer, and on my way to the bathroom. I was supposed to take four pills for starters. Took two and fell asleep. I found the other two when I woke up.

I slept for three or four hours. Dead sleep. Did manage to lie down all the way. Now there's no pain and no fuzziness from the sedation. I must take two more batches of four pills today. I'll get them all in this time.

Tomorrow it's three batches of three, etc.

Is this whole megilla over? YESSSSS.

Robin is a star. My little cousin. A second cousin. 13 years younger than me. She's headed for Israel to attend a wedding. She took time from getting ready to take care of her kvetchy older cuz. I love that kid. I loved her since we were kids. When they invented the word kvetch, they had me in mind. When they invented the word good-natured, they were thinking of Robin.

Howie's coming to see me next week--if he's not innkeeping. I hope he brings his dog.

I'll stop rambling now.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 05:48 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I'm so glad your brain is finally zapped away, and we don't have to listen to all that kvetching anymore. This thread will be so tranquil in the future! Lovely.

In your dreams, Mr. T. They left my kvetcher intact. Fie on you.

I'm hoping this thread will be tranquil in the future because I won't have nuttin' to post here, you big lug.

Picturing post-death kvetching (it would take more than death to shut me up). The funeral pyre. You call this hot? Been to Miami in August? A burial. What kind of wood is this? Not what I had in mind. You're putting me in the ground in Noo Joisey? Ignominy ever after death.

I could go on. Won't though.

I'll try to keep the kvetching on simmer when next we meet.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 05:55 pm
@Roberta,
This is America!! You have the inalienable right to kvetch!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:04 pm
@Roberta,
Now there's a post..
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 06:07 pm
@Roberta,
Glad it's over Roberta. Praying for a quick recovery and peace from the neighbors.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 09:08 pm
Wheeeee! It's done!

Now - r - e - l - a - x
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 09:44 pm
I was just a tad hyper earlier. I've calmed down a bit.

Trying to remember what really happened. Can't. Sedation and pain killers left me in a fuzz. Not really sure when I was gammafied. Remember the pain, though.

Ordered in dinner. (Not in a cooking state of mind.) Pig Heaven. One of my favorite Chinese restaurants. General Tso's chicken. Poifect. Tender, tender chicken, tasty tangy sauce. I extricated the Thai peppers, but their presence lingered for sufficient heat.

Instead of calming down and trying to resume a normal life (whatever that was), I'm now looking for possible long-term side effects. Gotta get myself together.

Can't wait to get the bandage off. I hate stuff on my head, but you already knew that.

Making lots and lots of typing errors. Hoping this will fade.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 09:54 pm
@Roberta,
No, you are not making typing errors.

Get better and you and I can argue food.
Roberta

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 10:25 pm
@ossobuco,
osso, I'm making tons of typing errors and fixing them. An uncharacteristic number of errors. Not concerned. They zapped my brain today.

We're gonna argue food?

I don't know if I'm up for a food argument with you. You know mountains more than I do.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 May, 2010 10:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Sure, but you are the maven.

Be well..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 03:31 am
Thoroughly disgusted. I mean thoroughly disgusted.

I was given a prescription for 36 pills, no refills. I was given a special schedule for taking the pills. This adds up to 70.

Trying not go get so angy that I break something.

What is going on at that place.

These are the people who are messing with my brain!

-------

osso, I am no food maven. My claim to fame with respect to food is eating it.
dlowan

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 06:52 am
@Roberta,
They probably do brain messing ok.

They also mess UP ok.

Da brain they did ok.