Democrat / Clinton fundraising scandals continue

gungasnake

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 03:46 pm
blatham wrote:
Hillary Clinton, Commander in Chief.
Hillary Clinton, President of the United States of America, freely elected by the will of the American people.

What are you going to do, gunga?

I'd rate it a ten percent chance, since Ms. US Senator Piggy goes into any sort of an election with the highest negatives in the history of the republic, over 50%. The pubbies would have to **** up really bad for her to get elected.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 03:51 pm
blatham wrote:
Hillary Clinton, President of the United States of America, freely elected by the will of the American people.

So you will accept it if she isnt elected?
If A repub is "freely elected by the will of the American people", will you accept it or immediately cry fraud and deny that a repub could be elected?

I get the feeling that if Hillary isnt elected, even if she loses all 50 states, some on here will immediately cry that there was vote fraud and say that the repub elected wasnt the "real Preasident".

Its been done by the dems in EVERY election since 2000.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 06:21 pm
blatham wrote:
Heck, george, after a time even a catholic navy guy with investments in Park Place, Boardwalk, hotels and houses and who isn't planning to walk in the next hometown gay pride parade will come to terms with a strong female leader whose name isn't Mary.

Well, I liked Mary better.

Still the likelyhood of a Hillary win appears greater than any of the alternatives. I feel good about that when I think of Edwards, Obama, Dodd & the rest, but I don't feel very good.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 06:25 pm
Quote:
but I [george] don't feel very good.

Reading this, I find myself with mixed emotions.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 06:44 pm
You will probably recover.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:15 pm
And recover so well I cannot now recall what bothered me.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 11:28 pm
Pertinent post from Occom Bill on another thread:

Quote:
Lola: It is astonishing how you've equated taking a speech off a website, with never having made it, or meant it, or somehow Clinton who never gave any such speech feels the same. She did speak at the time; about how bad Saddam and his WMD's needed to be neutralized. Frankly, I agreed with her, not Obama. That she will now try to pretend this vividly recorded history didn't take place is only slightly more unbelievable then the fact that millions of intelligent people like you actually believe it. This is what I find very strange.

My example $5,000,000 from Iran was intentionally hypothetical to avoid getting bogged down in a subject I haven't studied sufficiently to wish to argue about. I do know that Cyclo is telling you the straight skinny about the Clinton foundation receiving commitments for over $100,000,000 for introducing a relatively unknown Canadian shell company to a vicious dictator, who incidentally now owns a shell company that is suddenly the biggest uranium supplier around. Seems pretty damning, but I really don't know enough details to actually damn him for it. I do know that I wouldn't want Kazakhstani money anywhere near my presidential elections. In fact; I don't want the spouses of ANY of our elected officials doing business in Kazakhstan… or any other tyrannical shithole… let alone the spouse of one who's running for President. This doesn't strike me as a good thing.

It would take you all of a minute or so to Google up the fact that Goldman Sachs paid him $650,000 for four Bill Clinton speeches in recent years… and coincidentally it's employees and PAC have given Hillary $270,000. Citigroup, whose employees and PAC have been Hillary Clinton's top sources of campaign donations with more than $320,000, coincidentally also paid Bill $250,000 for a single speech AND committed $5,500,000 for Clinton's Global Initiative. Now this may or may not strike you as foul play; but it very definitely paints a picture of Bill's speeches and Hillary's campaign's having a little too much in common to just assume that any money Bill contributes comes without strings. If you think for one moment the Republican Machine won't make this into a mountain, regardless, you are fooling yourself.

If the Republicans bring this up, it will be the vast right wing conspiracy no doubt.

By the way, we haven't heard from Norman Hsu lately? Sounds like he got three years, but probation will probably get him out alot sooner so he can go back to doing what he does best, conducting fraud schemes and raising money from China. I wonder how many strings were pulled behind the scenes for him?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22506947/
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:31 pm
I hope you don't mind me posting your post here, woiyo, as it seems pertinent.

Quote:
"Nearly one in five "HillRaisers," the elite big-money fundraisers for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, have ties to the 1990s fundraising scandal that tarnished her husband's presidency by offering Democratic donors sleepovers in the Lincoln Bedroom and other perks inside the White House.
#

Photos: Hillary campaigns in Arlington

# Hillary seeks youths' votes with her visions of change

Forty-nine of the Clintons' Lincoln Bedroom guests are among the 250 HillRaisers listed on Mrs. Clinton's campaign Web page, who have pledged to gather, or "bundle," at least $100,000 in donations. Some have promised to raise $1 million or more for the 2008 campaign, the most costly in U.S. history."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080208/NATION/942016032/1001
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 08:31 am
I hope you like getting junk mail if you donated to Hillary.
She has apparently "rented out" her list of donors to a junk mail firm.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18958566
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:13 pm
Its all junk mail, mm, whether it comes directly from Ms. Clinton or from the people she sells the lists to, and in fact one might get more worthwhile mail from her clients that bought her list than if it was from her.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 09:11 pm
Here is something interesting, Obama and Clinton have showered cash on the super delegates. New innovative ways to buy votes I guess.

http://www.capitaleye.org/inside.asp?ID=336
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:55 pm
mysteryman wrote:
blatham wrote:

So you will accept it if she isnt elected?
If A repub is "freely elected by the will of the American people", will you accept it or immediately cry fraud and deny that a repub could be elected?

I get the feeling that if Hillary isnt elected, even if she loses all 50 states, some on here will immediately cry that there was vote fraud and say that the repub elected wasnt the "real Preasident".

Its been done by the dems in EVERY election since 2000.

You gotta admit, mysteryman, that GWB was pretty smart to get all of those Democratic county election board officials in Florida to cheat for him.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:08 pm
okie wrote:
Here is something interesting, Obama and Clinton have showered cash on the super delegates. New innovative ways to buy votes I guess.

http://www.capitaleye.org/inside.asp?ID=336

This is interesting.....
0 Replies