COUMADEN AND ME

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 04:57 pm
Glad to hear from you. Sounds like the docs are looking after your best interests - good news. You'll get there.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 06:02 pm
farmerman wrote:
Im gonna be a drug celebrity.

Wow, I'm impressed, farmer!

Could I have your autograph, please? :wink:

Seriously though, it's great that that is now behind you (phew!) & also that you are in such excellent care with your doctors. Things sound pretty positive.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 09:44 pm
Glad to hear from you Farmer and glad things went good, other than the clot, but it sounds like they're right on it.

((((((Farmer and Mrs. Farmer)))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:22 pm
How's all this going, farmerman?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:32 pm
still have the a-fib but only episodically. It appears that the coumadin is dissolving th clot and they will want to convert me to sinus rhythm in April> I was told by my care cardio that one of the thibgs that will happen when they convert people with at-fib that lasts like 6 months or more, is that their hearts then beat very slowly for a while and this must be monitored by the hospital. They have these holters that are real time cell phone connections and imagine the minutes Im gonna use up on that plan if they hook me up to a cell phone monitor.

Im really satified with the care Im getting at LAnkenau. Its a pretty good joint.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 07:33 pm
Glad to hear there's progress and satisfaction!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 07:52 pm
ditto ^^
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
Good.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:35 am
farmerman wrote:
still have the a-fib but only episodically. It appears that the coumadin is dissolving th clot and they will want to convert me to sinus rhythm in April> I was told by my care cardio that one of the thibgs that will happen when they convert people with at-fib that lasts like 6 months or more, is that their hearts then beat very slowly for a while and this must be monitored by the hospital. They have these holters that are real time cell phone connections and imagine the minutes Im gonna use up on that plan if they hook me up to a cell phone monitor.

Im really satified with the care Im getting at LAnkenau. Its a pretty good joint.

Well, from others responses here, farmer, it appears that things are on the improve for you.

I confess that your condition is rather a mystery to me, though it sounds pretty serious. (Try as I may to understand it. Confused )

But I'm hoping, what ever it means, that things are on the up & up with you.

I like the idea of you being in rude health! And feeling good!

Anything else is quite unsatisfactory to me, really!

Best to you, farmer! Very Happy
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 12:05 pm
Sometimes it is a comfort to know that Big Brother (or should it be Big Sister?) is watching.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 09:48 pm
This is the only topic I could find related to coumadin and vitamin k. I could of sworn there were several others.

If you are still on blood thinners such as coumadin, I stumbled across a website that you and others might be interested in. It is a cooking website dedicated to recipes that are Coumadin safe.

http://www.drgourmet.com/warfarin/warfarinrecipes.shtml
0 Replies