What's most dangerous to your health?

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:14 pm
I think stress is a huge factor to someone's health.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 07:40 pm
TTH wrote:
Chai you are a bitch.

tth....you are an idiot.

why don't you go count how many sheets of paper towel are left on the roll?

report back with that number and how many you estimate you'll use between now and next wednesday.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:00 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I think stress is a huge factor to someone's health.

I agree. My doctor has made it very clear to me that stress is at least as dangerous as any of the above factors, if not more so.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 08:18 pm
Coolwhip was using irony. This has stressed Chai.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 10:27 pm
Chai wrote:
TTH wrote:
Chai you are a bitch.

tth....you are an idiot.

why don't you go count how many sheets of paper towel are left on the roll?

report back with that number and how many you estimate you'll use between now and next wednesday.
Good, I am glad we got that straight, you are a bitch and I am an idiot if that makes you feel better.

You didn't have to be so cruel to Coolwhip imo.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 10:36 pm
My grandfather drunk and smoked himself to death. It was the cirhosis that finally got him, but if he drank less, it would have been cigarettes. Does it matter which is more dangerous? All are dangerous enough.

Still, I drink and smoke occasionally (1 cig a week, if that) and am as healthy as i ever was. It's a matter of degree. Any one of those on the list can be deadly if overdone.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 10:52 pm
Including birth...
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 11:07 pm
Chai wrote:

No, I don't think you were attacking me. You haven't got what it takes to make an attack on someone who's been through the battles I or others here have gone through. It'll be a cold day in hell before I feel attacked by a whipper snapper like you. I've run with the devil.

I think you were doing was saying stupid sh!t and then covering up with telling people you were joking, or asking dumbass questions like "do you seriously thing I was attacking you?"

If you don't know a single person who hasn't suffered in some way, how can you make assinine comments about having agendas? Because everyone has suffered, it's alright to disregard the message?

You have a lot of growing up to do if you think something as serious as this doesn't touch hot buttons. Everyone has a agenda, and nothing is wrong with that.

How does what others have gone through make it all right to question something that is a core issue to someone?

You just opened your big mouth, now you're crawfishing.

ps, you're not sorry for what my husband as been through, you don't know me well enough to be sorry. just more words to cover up your smart comments.

This is obviously a very touchy subject, I think I'll leave it at that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 12:04 am
we've all been through some serious **** in our lifetimes.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:31 am
wise choice coolwhip

there's a place for irony, and this was not it.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:44 am
Quote:
What's most dangerous to your health?

Where is the option for infidelity?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:07 am
dagmaraka wrote:
we've all been through some serious **** in our lifetimes.

Yes, indeed we have. And sometimes, it's necessary to share that serious ****. I believe I have gone into detail regarding my serious **** re my beloved husband about 3 or 4 times since joining A2k, and always when pertinent.

The acknowledgemnt that we "all go through some serious **** in our lifetimes" seems to be a statement aimed to pronounce that we all have problems, so get over it.

Well, some have to occassionally post a lengthy post regarding the fact they have dealt with someone's life threatening health issues for several years....and others feel it necessary to go on for pages and over months and months being pissy about someone who dares to fry something in butter, sniffs and crinkles plastic bags, and wears underwear around the house.

We all have crosses to bear.

If anyone comes here with a true major trauma in their life, I'll listen, sympathize and respond respectfully, not remind them we've all got problems, so stand in line.

If someone questions "what I have against the poor people who make cigarettes" I'll tell them.

There is real serious **** in life, and I don't feel others need to rationalize it by letting me know they think I'm a bitch, or not the only one with ****, or asking me what my agenda is.

My **** is my ****.

your **** is your ****.

your **** doesn't make my **** any less painful. and if I want to talk about my **** twice a year, I have as much right to do that as others going on about their issues with someone clearing their throat.

and that's all I have to say about that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:57 am
nice. you didn't happen to notice i posted that after my post about my grandfather dying. whatever.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:00 am
Chai, just because some of us choose to discuss frivolous issues on this board doesn't mean that we haven't had serious, or even life and death, issues in our lives.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:47 am
dagmaraka wrote:
nice. you didn't happen to notice i posted that after my post about my grandfather dying. whatever.

well dag....we all have serious **** that have happened in our lives.

your grandfather drinking and smoking himself to death is keeping company with my brother who did the same thing at 34.

I'm not trying to play can you top this....

I am not, Drew Dad, responding to people who have frivolous threads.

I was responding to one person who made a dumb comment about "what have I got against the poor people who make cigarettes?"

Touched a nerve? Sure it did.

If, God forbid, your wife had 5 or 6 miscarriages instead of giving birth to 2 beautiful daughters, I guessing you might be a little touchy about someone asking you what you have against the poor people who manufactured some substance that was causing these still births.

I reserve the same right to be touchy as anyone else who has a nerve struck with a sledgehammer.

I will not be made to feel my opinions and feelings are bitchy, cruel, pissy or unworthy of being written down because "everyone goes through ****", as if I didn't well know that.

If dag, tth, coolwhip or anyone else don't like what I have to say, no one's holding a gun to their head to read my words.

if tth can go on about whatever the hell it is she chooses to go on about on any given day....or dag about her minutiae about hair on the bathroom floor, or someone who cooks eggs at midnight or closing a door too loudly....then I can do the same about coming home to an empty house night after night, wondering if there will ever be that other person living there again.

To dag especially....the very things you said in another thread that you didn't appreciate in me, are in my observance, the very things that define you in my mind. pissy, always right, tone.....you might as well have been looking in the mirror when you wrote that, because in describing me, you were saying the identical words I would have to use to show how you appear to me.

enough of this.

i'm done.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 07:53 am
you've already said so to me on that other thread, chai.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:24 am
Ladies! Ladies!

Please!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:58 am
dagmaraka wrote:
you've already said so to me on that other thread, chai.

yes, I did...and I can and will say it again if I want.

noddy, I will stop now, not only out of respect for you.

This has been something that has been on my mind for quite some time. Regarding occurances when people, on the occassions they don't want to hear something, tell a person they are behaving in such and such a way, obviously wanting you to deny it and tow the line.

being called judgemental....I've said before, I'll say it again, we all make judgements every day. But a person is supposed to deny this or think we are wrong?

being called blunt....what, you'd rather deal with a passive aggressive mealy mouth that stabs you in the back?

calling someone on their **** when they say "I was only joking...or being ironic" when in fact you were being cutting and sarcastic. When I'm sarcastic I'm sarcastic...and I am...I'm not going to dress up mine or someone elses sarcasm with a fancy word like ironic.

being bitchy? so....it's okay for the priviledged few in the higher circles to carry on, but not for us crass everyday peons? Well, excuse me for not farting through silk underwear.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:01 am
feel free, chai. though then it ceases to be a statement about me.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:37 am
Chai wrote:
I am not, Drew Dad, responding to people who have frivolous threads.

I was responding to one person who made a dumb comment about "what have I got against the poor people who make cigarettes?"

I have no problem with how your responded to that particular post.

Your post to Dag was out of line, IMO. Here's Dag trying to show some empathy saying, I thought, "we've all got our trigger issues 'cause we've all been through some serious ****." You then lash out at her for supposedly minimizing your feelings, then in the same post complain about the trivialities of what she talks about online.

Sounds like there's some history between the two of you that I'm not privy to, though, so maybe your interpretation of what she said is correct. I've just seen too many exchanges go south because someone misinterprets something online, and I don't like seeing two people I like snapping at each other.

(And I've been on both sides of such misinterpretations).

That's all I really have to say. I could be wrong, and it's none of my business anyway, so I'll try to button my lip from here on....
0 Replies