STOATMOBILE WORLD TOUR! (all are welcome)

Stoat

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:06 pm
Tai Chi wrote:

Ah...what I meant to say was -- "yes of course, these fabulous Godiva chocolates are full of fat and natural healthy ingredients which is what makes them taste so heavenly, BUT, because we are on the magical Stoatmobile, there will, of course, not be those annoying gains (of the spare tire variety) resulting from an overindulgence in them." Right? Very Happy

Well, as to their being "full of fat", I would again wish to defer to the expertise of the particularly vivacious Belgian Lady at the Godiva counter who was surely hired for her understanding of nutritional science and human physiology., and who ASSURED me that they were indeed fat-free. To suggest that these delightful chocolates would be anything contrary would be, in effect, suggesting that she was either being untruthful, didn't know what she was talking about, or thought that she could score an easy sale off of a scruffy little male stoat. I simply cannot believe that a Vivacious Beligan Lady would be anything other than moral purity personified, and so I would wish to continue to suggest that all Passengers may consume as many chocolates as they wish without fear of harm. :-)
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:53 pm
"Coming through!" (as Tai Chi elbows her way to the chocolates).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 07:00 pm
Osso physically restrains Tai Chi in her cushioned rest area after she individually ate two entire boxes of Godiva chocolates. Stares balefully at Stoat...

The Stoatmobile sets down in Palisades Park in Santa Monica.
I've never actually lived IN Santa Monica, but have lived NEAR it since the forties. My aunt's house (where we lived a couple of times) was two blocks from the city-line into west LA. I took first communion at St. Monica's, went to 1st, 2nd, and part of 4th grade there. Went to SMCC for Trig and CA government. Worked in Santa Monica through the end of high school and all through university. Worked there later as a lab tech. Eventually had clients there in another field. Had dreams about tsunamis and the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium...

A key place of the city is also precarious - Palisades Park. When I was a teen, part of the cliff fell, and with it some folks at a picnic table...

I've done four 4x5 foot paintings, back in the early seventies, of people in the park. In the late seventies I jogged there on my lunch "hour", it taking me more than an hour to drive there and back and do the run (something like 3.7 miles back and forth, though don't trust my memory).

I've got a lot of my own photos of the park, not scannable right this minute.

Here's a google image -
http://www.santamonicarealty.com/santamonica/palisades.jpg

View from Palisades Park toward Santa Monica Pier -
http://www.indyhike.org/images/LA2006/LA200610.JPG
0 Replies

Stoat

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 07:26 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Osso physically restrains Tai Chi in her cushioned rest area after she individually ate two entire boxes of Godiva chocolates. Stares balefully at Stoat...

<<< whistling absentmindedly as though unaware of events or persons in the vicinity, busying self with repacking airlock seals which had become slightly leaky as a result of damages suffered when Montana had attempted to invite an Orca swimming friend on board earlier in the trip <<<<<
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 07:55 pm
Not being a chocolate lover, I smile at the mention of Godiva chocolates. This confection, made by a minor subsidiary of Campbell soup, is actually made in the gritty post-industrial coal baron town of Reading Pennsylvania. As of a few weeks ago, Campbells soup was considering spinning it off to some other conglomerate (or breccia) that has no roots in being a chocolatier.

Right now, the supposed best quality chocolates are the truffles made bt a smnall company calle Neufchatel.
I dont know, I can eat a Krackle Bar witout gagging.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:03 pm
Farmer, I don't have links tonight to the Palisades cliff failing (guessing, say, 1958), but wondering what you'd say about the park's chances over time. Be aware, zillion dollar stuff is a few feet back.

Not that you need to put your professional view online, but curious re the nature of the cliffs.

In a recent slope failure near Santa Barbara, it seemed that irrigation on the land above was involved, not that I know how that came out.

As an Ignorant, I'm not too optimistic re right by those cliffs at Palisades park, nor in Huntington Palisades, over by Pac Palisades.

Aaaack, don't want to get you into real estate ville.

Just typing my own doubt over time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:36 pm
Ah, and Ms. Persnicky posts, I'm pretty tired of talk only of chocolate after many hours (hours, that is, hours, over days) of posting what may seem easy posts.

Is anyone in attendance here, besides Aa and Eva and Tai Chi?

Line Up, we're going to Venice on the morrow.... snap.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:53 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Ah, and Ms. Persnicky posts, I'm pretty tired of talk only of chocolate after many hours (hours, that is, hours, over days) of posting what may seem easy posts.

Is anyone is attendance here, besides Aa and Eva and Tai Chi?

Line Up, we're going to Venice on the morrow.... snap.

I'm still here! I'm not supposed to be eating chocolates - so I'm sneaking them in sideways!

Carry on!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:56 pm
oh, god, margo talked me down from tharn....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:57 pm
Oh yes, mblmfnmbl....<stuffing another chocolate in mouth>...I'm still here. Just putting fresh batteries in my camera for tomorrow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 09:59 pm
All right, I'm mollified.

See you in the morning in Venice...

California.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:24 pm
Venice Beach or Venice Italy?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:29 pm
Haven't you been paying attention, dadpaddy? Here, have a chocolate...

We're in California. Several of us wish we could flume over to Venice, Italy, and are prepared to expound on it...

given proper sustenance.

But, shape up, tomorrow we're in California.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:31 pm
Oh, wait, except for one place in Santa Monica...

hasta manana...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:37 pm
I wanna sit next to margo, cause shes cute.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:45 pm
Ooooh, lessee....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:47 pm
(Dadpad, by the way, how'd your new gig go?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:53 pm
I suppose it's time for a serious few words.

I'm no fan about building at the ocean; for example, at Malibu Colony, even if friends bought a place there, nor in the forests, where fire companies have to save some damned expensive house, while a let-burn situtation makes sense re the fire ecology.

Live lightly, there's my view.

No matter what photos I show.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 10:59 pm
ossobuco wrote:
(Dadpad, by the way, how'd your new gig go?)

Going well so far and will turn into reasonable size farm forestry development project if I can meet the clients expectations.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 11:02 pm
You will.

Or that's their problemo, eh?
0 Replies