STOATMOBILE WORLD TOUR! (all are welcome)

Stoat

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 02:20 am
What, you may ask, is a stoatmobile and why should I care? Well, the stoatmobile is a massive, family-friendly fantasy vehicle which seats all travelers in perfect first-class comfort and expands it's size to accommodate everyone. Each seat is a window seat, and a perpetual supply of Godiva chocolates is at the armrest of all Lady travelers while the gents have a snifter of Cognac (this is the default seat configuration which can be instantly modified as per the wishes of the individual traveler). It is a go-anywhere vehicle, powered by a pair of massive Pratt and Whitney jet engines

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Stoat_2006/f135.jpg

which can provide intercontinental travel in the blink of an eye or, they can be throttled down to provide sedate speeds for touring the countryside....all in blissful quiet thanks to space-age sound insulation technologies.

The main attraction of a stoatmobile tour, however, is not the vehicle or the technologies but the tour guides, who take great care to craft vivid, insightful, entertaining and meaningful tours of areas that they live in or places that they are very familiar with. The idea is that participants take turns hosting a tour of their own design, and field questions about sights along the way or the region as a whole from other travelers.

Relevant photos are always welcome, but copy-and-pasting previously published travelogues is angrily frowned upon! The joy of these tours has been in the unique prose provided by the participants, not the generic sort of thing that one finds all too frequently in glossy travel magazines.

If you don't want to be a tour guide, you're still welcome to participate! In previous tours there has been a gourmet kitchen on board where expert chefs have cooked wonderful meals for us along the way, and many travelers have added smaller snippets of valuable information that relate to whatever region we may be in at the time.

So, please feel free to ride along and contribute...past trips have been quite memorable and lets make this a great one!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 25,105 • Replies: 325
No top replies

Stoat

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 02:21 am
Before we get started, the ground crew needs to do a final check on the engines, so participants can use this time to settle into their favorite seats and get aquainted while we decide what the first stop on the tour will be :-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 04:47 am
Ooh a window seat. And thank you for the double seat so RP will sit next to me. He and I will switch at times; he also likes a window. Champagne? Oh, how lovely. You're too kind.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 04:51 am
I would like a window seat as well, "stoat" hearted man. (stoat is the way I really pronounce stout).
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:41 am
Hi stoat!

Happy to meet you, I'm Chai.... Very Happy

I'm glad it's ok that I just ride along for awhile, until I get the feel of things...I do make excellent grilled cheese sammiches though if someone gets hungry.

ok, I've got my seatbelt fastened.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 06:03 am
I'd also like to put dibs on a window seat before it gets too packed in here.

Oh, is that someone headed my way with a cheesecake?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 06:05 am
Hello there, Stoat!

A world trip, did you say? Count me in!

Yes, indeedy! Very Happy

(You won't remember me from Abuzz (I was much more retiring then & in utterly in awe of all the great minds around me! :wink: ), but I certainly remember you & the famous Stoat-mobile! Very nice to see you again! Very Happy )
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 06:09 am
I'm in. I always did want to make a world tour. I brought sardine and cabbage sandwiches, enough to share.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 06:53 am
Very nice -- love the reclining seats!

> takes out air freshener in anticipation of Edgar's lunch and it's effects <
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:08 am
Lemme sit in the back. I wanna watch any tailgaters get their cojones cooked.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:15 am
It's just like the Tardis in here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:46 am
Weeeeeeeee! <running for the Stoatmobile door>
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:47 am
Stoat--

Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent.

May I have a window seat?

August vacations are wonderous luxury.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:49 am
They are ALL window seats!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:54 am
Any idea of our first destination, anyone? Stoat?

Or is is going to be one of those mystery destinations?

But I guess we'd better wait till every one boards?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:54 am
Bartender I'd like a Manhattan please.

oh, can i sit at the bar during takeoff? Perfect.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 07:55 am
I think I'll start with a capuccino.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:03 am
A Sav Blanc for me, please!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:45 am
Osso walks down the Stoatmobile aisle lugging her digital camera and the book of directions for it. She plunks herself down in a cushiony window seat, spies the chocolates. The perfect breakfast, she murmurs. I think I'd like a nice non-starbucks doppio latte to accompany them..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 09:19 am
Climbing on board for the tour, Stout. I'm not much with a camera, but I do love to travel.
0 Replies