Wedding Vows

Francis

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:12 am
baddog1 wrote:
My revision to the original vows is spot-on for at least a few members on here as clearly documented!

Classic example of self congratulation, (I'm right because I'm on God's side)...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:26 am
baddog1 wrote:
In Germany - what does a person say (or agree to) prior to giving sworn testimony in a court of law?

Also; I am interested in your perceived play on words: ",,,get married in Germany you 'just' (and only...) Please explain 'just' further.

The registrar asks you: "Do you want to marry ...". And then (if the first doesn't asnwer with 'no' that is), she/he ask the other partner.

At courts, a 'sworn testimony' is very uncommon since about .... 30 years, when the penalty code was changed.
If it is used, you are asked, if you would swear that ... . You answer with "I swear" and just with "yes".
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:57 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
In Germany - what does a person say (or agree to) prior to giving sworn testimony in a court of law?

Also; I am interested in your perceived play on words: ",,,get married in Germany you 'just' (and only...) Please explain 'just' further.

The registrar asks you: "Do you want to marry ...". And then (if the first doesn't asnwer with 'no' that is), she/he ask the other partner.

At courts, a 'sworn testimony' is very uncommon since about .... 30 years, when the penalty code was changed.
If it is used, you are asked, if you would swear that ... . You answer with "I swear" and just with "yes".

Interesting - thank you for the info!
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 11:09 am
Francis wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
My revision to the original vows is spot-on for at least a few members on here as clearly documented!

Classic example of self congratulation, (I'm right because I'm on God's side)...

Oops - almost missed this one.

You're using the strawman tactic now francis. Please focus and try to stay on topic. If you'd like to begin a Baddog bashing thread - have at it. Otherwise, please stick to the subject.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 11:18 am
Well, you first.

What has this to do with the topic:

babdog1 wrote:

Interesting how quiet it got in here after the modified vows were posted.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

Your inference is a lame try to bash some other posters..
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:58 pm
Francis wrote:
Well, you first.

babdog1 wrote:

Interesting how quiet it got in here after the modified vows were posted.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

Your inference is a lame try to bash some other posters..

Huh? Not sure I follow you.
Quote:

Topic of post: 'Wedding Vows'. From your assertion: '...modified vows...'.

Please explain your new assumption.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 01:57 pm
baddog1 wrote:

As said above: a marriage is something done by the state. Fullstop.

If you want some religious twirls, you can have an additionla religious wedding at churches, temples, mosques etc as well.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:02 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

As said above: a marriage is something done by the state. Fullstop.

If you want some religious twirls, you can have an additionla religious wedding at churches, temples, mosques etc as well.

Much like the U.S. then.
Thanks.
0 Replies