She might be crazy...

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:53 pm
ok we broke up. I ended it because i needed to focus on certain goals and I could not give her what she needed. She became very very upset and ended up putting herself in the hospital for vomiting, nausia, etc.

She recently told me she was 1 week late. She is on the pill, we used a condom, and the last time we had sex was at the end of her period week last month. It came monday...residual on tues wed, we had sex fri and sat.

She had told me she was late before when we fight and i dont speak to her. She does this because she knows it gets my attention. She used it as an attention getter last time and I fear shes doing it again.

I made her call the hospital and see if they gave her a preg. test in the ER. SHE said they did and it was negative...but still no period.

I realize i may be very very very very out of control and letting my mind get away from me, but can someone please reassure me here...or at least give me straight up possibilities.

In addition to all of these, she often threatens that she will hurt herself and is constantly crying. How can I get her to stop calling me without pushing her over the edge. Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,689 • Replies: 68
No top replies

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:22 pm
please help
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:31 pm
Ok...focussing only on the 'late period' part of your problem, djr5a:

So your girlfriend is/was on the pill, you used a condom and still she's late. You went to the ER (?!) to get a pregnancy test and they gave it to her? Did you mean ER as in Emergency room or did you mean an OB/GYN? ERs don't give preg tests. This part is strange.

Why don't you bring a home pregnancy test - available at any pharmacy and at most grocery stores even - and test yourselves? They're pretty accurate. If by last month you mean July, then you should have a pretty accurate result from the test you conduct yourself at home. Because you say she tries to 'get your attention' by lying it seems, I would suggest you do the test together. It only takes a few minutes.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:32 pm
Under the circumstances that you stated, no, I really doubt she's preggers.
But my opinion doesn't mean as much as a pregnancy test.

How old are the two of you? How long have you been seeing each other?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:36 pm
ER's will do pregnancy tests for some symtoms. I'd think puking to be one of them.

(I once blacked out at the age of 16, Mom took me to ER. The look on her face while we waited for the preg test was something I'll always remember. I had Strep throat, wasn't pregnant)
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:37 pm
Doing the pregnancy test together is a lovely idea. Like stay in the bathroom with her.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:40 pm
caribou wrote:
Doing the pregnancy test together is a lovely idea. Like stay in the bathroom with her.

Thinking that's a little sarcasm there? Okay - so maybe don't do it together. It seemed like a practical thing to do to me. Figured what's a little pee if you've had sex. Just my 2 Cents
0 Replies

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:41 pm
i wasnt there when she was taken to the ER. She went for nausia and vomiting like I said and took urine/blood samples. Doc said all was normal (mind you we had broken up and she was a wreck). After she told me today she was late (and i had a hunch she was maybe lying) I told her to call the ER and ask if they gave her a preg test specifically (which I figured they did with urine/blood since she is "of child bearing age"). They apparently told her the test was negative. I am just very very very paranoid since she didnt have her period yet.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:41 pm
No, no, not sarcastic that way.

I mean I won't trust her. I'd keep my eye on her.
0 Replies

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:42 pm
just in response to an above post. ER's do test for pregnancy in all women of child bearing age with symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting, nausia. As this could be indicative of plain old pregnancy, or an ectopic pregnancy (in particular the abd. pain).

But like i said, i just want some reassurances...just someone to ease my mind really. Pregnancy scares suck...especially when we are always so careful and safe (pill + condom ALWAYS)
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:50 pm
Ok, that's good and it makes sense (re: ER's preg tests).

Not sure why you're still worried. You think she was lying about the ER conducting the test? As I said before, you could test at home. I took a home preg test when I was about 2 weeks preg and it was accurate.
0 Replies

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:52 pm
she lies about everything else, you know?

im just paranoid now. As for how do I tell her to leave me alone without pushing her over the edge. Any ideas?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:54 pm
How old are the two of you?
0 Replies

djr5a

0 Replies

Heatwave

Would you mind sharing your & your gf's age?
0 Replies

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:55 pm
19, why do you ask?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:55 pm
Does she have the support of her family?
0 Replies

djr5a

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 09:58 pm
ok...basically having a child is not an option. our parents would murder both of us plus it would destroy our lives.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:03 pm
I'm not saying the support of her family, in the case of being pregnant.

I don't think she's pregnant.

I think she's a little nuts from your description. You already have made the decision to break it off with her. She does crazy stuff to get your attention, even threatening to hurt herself.

She needs help. I'm wondering if she has the support of her family.

The responsibility of another's sanity is too large a burden.

How long have you been seeing her? Has she always been like this?

I asked the ages, cause advice is different for different ages.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 10:04 pm
Ok. So, since it seems that you are still worried about her being pregnant, I suggest you cross that off your list first. Once you've crossed that bridge, you should focus on the next part - which is closing your chapter definitively with her.
0 Replies