You are a "Nigger" and I am a "Cracker"

pstewart

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 01:26 am
Mame wrote:
[...] yes, it wasn't pstewart's thread. Sorry, ps. My points stand, regardless of who wrote what. If it's offensive, don't say it.

So that's why you kept saying I was being offensive. I was really confused as to why you thought that. Apology accepted. It was Zippo who started the thread as you know now.

OCCOM BILL wrote:
Upon reading the title of this thread; I assumed it was authored by a child or a moron [...]

On the other hand; it was amusing watching Miller make an ass of herself again

The title was shocking and not in good taste, I agree. It's not a title I would have chosen, but Zippo had a right to choose his words to make a point, whether you agree with the point or not. (I don't, btw) The title was not meant as an insult...probably just as an attention getter.

On the other hand, Occom Bill deliberately insulted Miller above. He called her an ass and implied she was often an ass with the italics on "again." If people's feelings are important to you, then THIS is the post most deserving of criticism.

Miller wrote:
pstewart wrote:
Miller wrote:
Why do I get the feeling you never lived during the Civil Rights movement?

I was in college during that time and saw him speak at our school.

You "saw him speak"...and who was this "HIM"?

Oops! I reread the thread after finding Zippo's name and came across this question I'd missed, and it deserves an answer. I just automatically thought of Martin Luther King when you said "civil rights" movement. Dr. King is the person I meant by "him."

And speaking of black and white issues and culture and history, I've just started a thread about the brilliant scholar who wrote Black Rednecks and White Liberals, among other excellent books and articles. If you are interested, see the thread here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101402
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 07:59 am
pstewart wrote:
On the other hand, Occom Bill deliberately insulted Miller above. He called her an ass and implied she was often an ass with the italics on "again." If people's feelings are important to you, then THIS is the post most deserving of criticism.

It is customary for new members to wait until they have at least 100 posts before they start acting like the thread police around here.

Oh, and welcome to A2K, pstewart.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:06 am
Who are you calling a pervert?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:06 am
Oh. Never mind.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:07 am
pstewart wrote:

What you haven't yet grasped, pstewart, is that some folks here make it their business to be an ass and disrupt threads with nonsense. They're called trolls. Miller has a long history of trolling threads. Some folks ignore her and other trolls while some take the bait and get into back and forth swipes as a game. If Miller doesn't want to be called an ass then she could try to stop being a troll. Personally, I don't think she could do it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:09 am
JPB wrote:
pstewart wrote:

What you haven't yet grasped, pstewart, is that some folks here make it their business to be an ass and disrupt threads with nonsense. They're called trolls. Miller has a long history of trolling threads. Some folks ignore her and other trolls while some take the bait and get into back and forth swipes as a game. If Miller doesn't want to be called an ass then she could try to stop being a troll. Personally, I don't think she could do it.

Keep the faith MaMa ! We know you can do it! Cool
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:11 am
According to J_B's description, I reckon I am a troll.

Cool.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:12 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Upon reading the title of this thread; I assumed it was authored by a child or a moron who thought it would be cool to type something so offensive, with the deniability that it was a quote to fall back on...

Onyx's concise response pretty much covered the truth of it in nicer terms.

On the other hand; it was amusing watching Miller make an ass of herself again and insightful to see who the ignorant fools are that think every slur is on par with the worst among them. Rolling Eyes

(My thanks to whoever quotably-quoted Snood's clever quip.)(PDog, I think)

Oh golly gee! I'm not going to get an A in conduct today... Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:13 am
yeah, but you're a goat, gus. That's different than an ass.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:14 am
JPB wrote:
yeah, but you're a goat, gus. That's different than an ass.

You ought to know, MaMa! Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:14 am
Yes, very true. I accept your compliment.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:15 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Oh. Never mind.

Poor folks in Illinois, they got a lemon in the Senate and rotting soy bean crops.

Call Jesse! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:17 am
Miller wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Oh. Never mind.

Poor folks in Illinois, they got a lemon in the Senate and rotting soy bean crops.

Call Jesse! Laughing Laughing Laughing

lol
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:18 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:18 am
Quote:
On the other hand, Occom Bill deliberately insulted Miller above. He called her an ass and implied she was often an ass with the italics on "again." If people's feelings are important to you, then THIS is the post most deserving of criticism

Nah! Ignore the hicks... Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 09:34 am
pstewart wrote:
The title was shocking and not in good taste, I agree. It's not a title I would have chosen, but Zippo had a right to choose his words to make a point, whether you agree with the point or not. (I don't, btw) The title was not meant as an insult...probably just as an attention getter.

Yes, everyone has the right to use whatever words they want, of course they do, and that goes for anyone replying. Zippo knows the atmosphere here and knows very well, as does everyone else, what kind of response will be generated.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 09:38 am
What happened to the hot kraut? The canajun candy isn't bad either.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 10:43 am
There will always be words, to describe people, and the words have pejorative inferences.
If anyone can remember back to the Civil War, Yankee had a pejorative meaning when a Confederate soldier said it. And, Johnny Reb was not a compliment by a Union soldier.
Remember WWI? Hun was not a nice way to describe the adversary.
Remember WWII? Jap was not a nice way to describe another adversary.
Remember Vietnam? Gook was not a nice way to describe that adversary.
Am I starting to realize that pejorative terms are used when describing perceived adversaries?
And why are other groups considered adversaries? Something in our genes? Evolution?
Hey, maybe we all don't love each other???
Thick skin can inure one to the onslaught of human nature. I don't think we can change human nature all that much. Homo sapiens could be a really poor word to describe us?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:05 am
cjhsa wrote:
What happened to the hot kraut?

The "hot kraut"'s over at the TettyBar.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 11:07 am
Foofie wrote:

Hey, maybe we all don't love each other???

Now that's a possiblity, isn't it? Cool
0 Replies