I fully agree with those of New Yorkers

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:08 am
I'm not "taking sides," i am calm, and i don't take strong drink. Deregulation and political grandstanding were no part of the 1965 blackout, either.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:11 am
Setanta wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
In response to that, the industry was re-regulated and the transmissions lines and even power plants were sold off, so now you see three companies where there used to be only one.

This is pure bullshit, you're just making up lies now. You know no more about this than LW does. It was late in the Reagan administration, more than 20 years after the great blackout that regulation was changed allowing energy "re-sellers" (which is the business Enron was in) to stick their noses in the power industry.

We are surrounded by people who don't know jack **** about the electrical generation system--but that doesn't stop them from making **** up.

Thank you for showing your complete ignorance on a topic. I didn't make up any of that. Maybe you need more drugs, not less.

Who are these guys? http://www.itctransco.com

Why do they exist?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:14 am
itc
Quote:
Operational on March 1, 2003
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:17 am
You're the one showing ignorance of the topic. Do you bother to read and understand the sequential posts of a thread?

LW claiming that the "great blackout in the northeast" was a product of the crumbling infrastructure. I point out that this is bullshit, and detailed exactly how the failure to reset the breakers for high loads at Sir Adam Beck 2 on the Canadian side of the Niagara gorge lead to that power failure.

That was in 1965. So you come along and start whining about energy re-sellers, which did not exist in 1965. They are a product of deregulation by your boy Ronnie Ray-gun more than 20s later.

Try to pay attention, and try to keep up.

From the link which you provided:

Quote:
In November 1999, ITCTransmission was created as an independently functioning business unit within Detroit Edison.

This company did not even come into existence until 34 years after the 1965 blackout. What a putz.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:18 am
Where exactly did I make this statement:

t"the great blackout was caused by crumbling electrical generation and transmission infrastructure"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:22 am
OK, LW, this is specifically what you wrote:

Quote:
t's a small symptom of the deterioration of the US infrastructure, not as big as the great North Eastern blackout and probably not nearly as annoying as running over potholes in the road.

Now if you've got a problem with my characterization of that bullshit statement, hire a f*ckin' lawyer . . . i've had it with you clowns, Buh-bye.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:24 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I haven't read anything here that specifically says the exploding pipe is Bush's fault. It's a small symptom of the deterioration of the US infrastructure, not as big as the great North Eastern blackout and probably not nearly as annoying as running over potholes in the road.

US infrastructure

electrical generation and transmission infrastructure

~~~

LW, I would have suspected that the electrical generation and transmission infrastructure were part of the US infrastructure. But that may not have been your intention.

~~~
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:27 am
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/08/15/national/main568422.shtml

How quickly some forget...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:29 am
Setanta wrote:
In 1977 and 2003, this was because of the irresponsibility of corporations which had bought into the electrical transmission grids as investments, but were clueless about what their responsibilities were in electrical generation and transmission. They just sent greater and greater wattages through the grid as demand increased without considering the effect on the entire grid.

Like i said, bright boy, you don't read the thread before you shoot off your mouth, do you?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:34 am
So to follow the logic, the steam pipe explosion in New York is a more crucial event than the great Northeastern blackout (as an example of what could happen again, only much worse). Both, not from "crumbling" but from the deterioration of our infrastructure, not meaning entirely a physical deterioration but anything affecting the maintenance, improvement and innovation of our infrastructure. Deteriorating government on the federal, state and local government. Deteriorating investment in new technology by the government and the power companies. The US, supposedly the most powerful nation in the world, doesn't have the foresight to see that involving themselves in hopeless foreign wars (thanks, George Washington) is not more important than fixing itself in every aspect anyone can think of.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:40 am
I don't know whose "logic" you are following. I made no such claim.

If you want to get in a pissing match with Cjhsa about steam pipes exploding in New York and the war in Iraq, help yourself, but why don't you start a new thread? And by the way, when you attempt to make such a tenuous and idiotic connection between two completely unrelated circumstances, you give ammunition to those on the right who want to claim that Bush gets blamed for everything.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:55 am
They are connected -- it's where the government is spending your taxes. I suppose you don't care, but there's nothing in what I stated placing the exclusive blame for the pipe explosion on Bush. Why don't you read the entire thread before commenting?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 10:57 am
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003226851_fragile26.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB117867434198996732.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:00 am
I haven't said that you blamed Bush for the explosion of the pipe. Why don't you take a course in reading comprehension? I pointed out that when you make an idiotic claim to the effect that our tax dollars are going to Iraq rather than to repair infrastructure under the streets of our cities, you give ammunition to those on the right who claim that Bush gets blamed for everything. I didn't say you were blaming him, just that when you make a stupid claim like that, you leave yourself open to the charge.

Just what the hell makes you think Federal tax dollars should go to replace or repair infrastructure in New York? You think New Yorkers don't pay taxes? Do you think they want their tax money to go for repairs in California? Why the hell should we pay to fix New York's problems?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:02 am
Where did I state anything about the infrastructure "under the street?" You're cooking up something up there but I don't know what it is. Read the link above. The comparison stand whether or not you like it or not.

Stop giving them any ideas.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:06 am
Sure, you can make all the stupid, unrelated comparisons you want, and they can "stand." That won't make them any less idiotic.

You been consistently whining for at least two pages about tax dollars being spent in Iraq, rather than on deteriorating infrastructure. That infrastructure is the responsibility of state, county and municipal governments. State, county and municipal governments don't fund the war in Iraq, and the Federal government has no obligation to repair infrastructure for which it is not directly responsible, such as the interstate highway system.

So, yeah, LW, make all the idiotic comparisons you like, it's no skin off my nose.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:08 am
The states get no money from the Federal government and the federal government is powerless to create agencies to rebuild our infrastructure. Right. While your spewing out your un-laced coffee, why don't you go back to bed and get some rest. I thought you stated you were bye, bye, sometime back.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:14 am
Yeah, i should have left then. I saw that my Sweetie Pie Girl had posted, so i came back. What a mistake. You and Cjhsa deserve each other--enjoy your pillow fight.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:22 am
Laptop: $1000
Internet connection: $25
Getting the dog and "Kitty" in a big fight: Priceless

Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 11:50 am
We unlikely we will ever get in that fight because, and I have stated before in this forum, that I don't believe Bush is totally responsible for this war. The Democrats have to take a good part of the blame, Joe Libermann, DICK Cheney and, well, the list is too long. Eisenhower pointed out one of the major reasons for this war. I did not vote, nor did I care for Lyndon Johnson. I did not vote for Jimmy Carter for a second term. I did not vote for Reagan, either, as I was aware of his Hollywood history. He was exactly what I expected.

I supposed the federal government program to repair and update the levees in New Orleans which was killed by Bush is an example of the government not being involved in our infrastructure. Yes, that's a good example.

cjhsa and I are more likely to hijack the thread and start discussing plasma and LCD displays.

You're untalented in the area of stoking up a fight.
0 Replies