I fully agree with those of New Yorkers

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:49 am
I fully agree with those of New Yorkers, who doubt that recent explosion in midtown Manhattan was "nothing other than a traffic accident", as it was declared by New York City Mayor, M. Bloomberg. Of course, few details about the nature of the blast are keeping close for public. The authorities again lie, because they want to cover themselves. Certainly it was the next terrorist act of Islamists, which could not be averted by our special services. Well, see for yourself!
The explosion yield was so high that the ground, due to words of one of eyewitnesses, continued to vibrate and rumble for several minutes after the blast. The scene looked as if buildings were collapsing in a billow of debris as they did on September 11, 2001, when the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan was destroyed. And the explosion has really damaged several high-rise buildings and injured at least 50 people. Ten of them, according to a spokesman of St. Vincent's Hospital, are in critical condition as they have had life-threatening injures.
Moreover, plumes of smoke and steam spilled into the air, following the explosion. And according to the fire commissioner the blast has involved unknown volatile chemical mixture. The analysis results of air samples rest a mystery for public, but it is clear that terrorists could use some toxic agents there.
At last the hell of this action is that it has worked. The explosion was occurred at the corner of 43rd Street and Lexington Avenue, not far from UN headquarters. You see, it is one of the busiest areas of New York City, located in close proximity to Grant Central, which is the largest transportation hub in Manhattan. As a result of the blast traffic was paralyzed. It created havoc at rush hour.
Well, certainly our special services failed to prevent the next act of terror, although according to their own information it might be the next large-scale acts of terror in US cities this summer. But now it is obvious for most Americans that the main fault for it rests with our President, who has turned us into hostages of his military plans in Iraq and preparations for war against Iran.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,358 • Replies: 109
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:52 am
Bloomberg did not say that it was just "a traffic accident." He said that initial indications were that a steam pipe, 24" in diameter, had exploded when large amounts of cold water ran down from the streets above due to the heavy rains. You'll need to find a different excuse upon which to base your rant.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:07 am
Animalfear (accent on the second syllable) agrees with New Yorkers. Which New Yorkers? None that I know of, and I am in the company of some odd thinking fellow Manhattanites on a daily basis.

This was too puny to be terror.

Quote:
And according to the fire commissioner the blast has involved unknown volatile chemical mixture.

Do you have a source for this statement? Please link it, otherwise I would respectfully ask that you not make up **** on a2k.

Joe(we can't be bothered)Nation
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:17 am
Chicken Little, the sky is falling!!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:24 am
If that was a terrorist attack, then it means that we have to stay in Iraq to find and kill those remaining terrorists that keep coming over here.

If that was an accident, it means we're winning in Iraq by fighting 'em over there, so we don't have to fight 'em over here.

Attack = We stay to find/kill more, who have come over here.
No-Attack = We're winning by fighting 'em over there.

Either way we stay in Iraq. Whats the problem?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:26 am
If the terrorists really wanted to screw things up they would propose charging $8. to drive through a section of Manhattan.

Joe( I was charged with carrying an unknown volatile chemical mixture, but it turned out that I just hadn't showered in a few days.)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:28 am
Quote:
NEW YORK: New Yorkers are still questioning their air's safety after a steam pipe eruption spewed dirt and debris into the sky over midtown. (emphasis added)

The International Herald-Tribune article

Quote:
NEW YORK -- With a blast that made skyscrapers tremble, an 83-year-old steam pipe blasted a message that the vast network of tubes, wires and iron beneath New York and other U.S. cities are getting older and could become dangerously unstable. (emphasis added)

The Washington Post article

Those are just two of the more than 2400 news articles mentioning the explosion of a steam pipe which one can quickly find with a basic we search.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:33 am
Part of a lyric on one of my old albums -

"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your heart it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the Man comes, and take you away."

"For What It's Worth"
Buffalo Springfield
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:33 am
Part of a lyric on one of my old albums -

"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your heart it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the Man comes, and take you away."

"For What It's Worth"
Buffalo Springfield
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:38 am
I think you are conspiring to double post

Joe(what could it mean?)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:50 am
Well! Now that amazed me. I wonder what caused it? The vibrations....

In case there is a question, I don't mean to jest about the real fear of New Yorkers at the time of the explosion. I'm talking about our poster's scenario.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:52 am
Re: I fully agree with those of New Yorkers
AnimalFear wrote:
Well, see for yourself!

Yes, let's see by myself.

and wrote:

The explosion yield was so high that the ground, due to words of one of eyewitnesses, continued to vibrate and rumble for several minutes after the blast.

- I'm not an expert in English but I understand from this that the ground continued to vibrate because of the words of the eyewitnesses. Shocked

- I'm not an expert in explosions but I witnessed explosions in smaller steam pipes due to the injection of cold water..

- I'm not an expert in vibration but I've seen pipes vibrate, and therefore transmitting the vibration to their physical supports, because of the pressure going off. Just like a squirming water hose left on..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 09:56 am
Joe Nation wrote:
. . .Animalfear (accent on the second syllable) agrees with New Yorkers. Which New Yorkers? None that I know of, and I am in the company of some odd thinking fellow Manhattanites on a daily basis. . . .
Joe(we can't be bothered)Nation

Joe, I have no slightest doubt of that.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:18 am
roger:
I know two or three who are sure that New Mexico isn't really in the USA.

One of them spent a vacation on the "island of Cancun".

Couple others determined to get to the bottom of the question:

"When will the USA combine with Canada and Mexico to form one really big country?"

Joe(Oh, when it happens they want to succeed from the Union)Nation
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 11:18 am
AnimalFear just joined to share.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 11:52 am
The infrastructure of every large city is woefully outdated, wearing out and near failing. I saw the figure this morning and it was in the trillions to update and upgrade this country's deteriorated infrastructure. The "terrorist" are responsible for this are in our state, county and federal government. It may be by default, but by indifference and inattention they aren't too many notches above Ben Laden.

Hey, I thought it was Spielberg's alien ships in "War of the Worlds." I suppose this will lead to new conspiracy theories about special effects.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 11:54 am
Wed don't have the money to maintain our infrastructure, we're spending it elsewhere. oops.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 11:58 am
A steam pipe? Comon. It was just Rosie O'Donut relieving some gas pressure.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 12:01 pm
You mean Rosie has gone underground?

You mean we are spending the trillions needed on reclamation of infrastructure in other countries?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 12:26 pm
CREEEAAAKKKKKKK!

That's the sound of Washington, Jefferson and Hamilton, and, ah well, all of the forefathers turning over in their graves.

If we are nation building, how about building our own nation? Or has our empathy for the trials and tribulations of those who made their own bed but won't lie in it given priority?
0 Replies