Horrible headache!!(I accidentally deleted the last one!)

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:59 pm
Yes, I understand... and I have heard about aneurysms and that is very scary. My boyfriend works from 4:30pm to 5:00am and he gets home bout 5:30 and sleeps til bout 2pm. I live almost an hr away from him... I told my mom tonight when she finally came home that I think I need to go to the dr because this headache isn't getting beter, she said she will try to take me tomorrow.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 10:07 pm
Good. Be insistant.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 10:13 pm
I'm going to insist that she takes me tomorrow because I get my kids this weekend and I don't want them sick, plus I want this headache gone!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:03 pm
Remember, even if the headache is better tomorrow, still go. You do need to find out what is going on.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:42 pm
Doubt the headache will be gone tomorrow, hasn't left yet!! But yes, even if it is, I am going to the dr either way! I really hope they give me something good to make it go away... it's starting to be a pain.. and I don't think the strep fully went away either, so I need that checked.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 04:41 am
Helen - Your neck isn't stiff or hurt does it? because that headache has been going on now for too long. Please research meningitis and make sure you don't have those symptoms.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 05:09 am
Or, maybe it's just a tooth problem.... Shocked

Headache Cured: Tooth Was Lodged In Forehead
Tooth Had Been In Head For More Than Three Months

BRISBANE, Australia -- Rugby player Ben Czislowski kept competing for more than three months despite the headaches that started after a clash with an opponent.
Czislowski was playing for Brisbane team Wynnum during the April 1 incident involving Tweed Heads forward Matt Austin. He had a head wound stitched up afterward, the Australian Associated Press reported Tuesday.
Czislowski later suffered an eye infection and complained of lethargy and shooting pains in his head.

Then last week, his doctor found a tooth imbedded in Czislowski's head.
"I can laugh about it now, but the doctor told me it could have been serious, with teeth carrying germs," Czislowski said.
"I've got the tooth at home, sitting on the bedside table," he said. "If he (Austin) wants it back he can have it. I'm keeping it at the moment as proof that it actually happened."
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 01:32 pm
I can happily say that my headaches a lil better today... but it's still bad. and yes, my neck has been hurting and I did look at the symptoms of meningitis already. Today my neck isn't so bad but a couple days it was to the point I could hardly move. My back was hurting really bad also and kept getting worse... it feels better so far today. When I stand up, I still get that intense rushing of pain to the top of my head.
Haven't gone to the doctor yet today. My mom is napping. Ugh. She says if my head still hurts when she wakes up(of course it's going to!!)then she will take me to the dr.
~Retta

P.S. I haven't smashed into anybody yet, so I doubt there's a tooth in my forhead! Smile dang, wouldn't that suck?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:09 pm
Well the last post was prolly just useless. My mom just woke up and I asked if she could take me now, she said she couldn't because she has to work in an hour so she will tomorrow. She didn't tell me she worked today, I swear she does this to me on purpose to piss me off. Then she proceeded to tell me to keep drinking fluids and rest. Ugh... my day sucks already.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:16 pm
I just wish you'd call an ambulance. If something happens to you, your mother will be taking care of your kids. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:23 pm
Call the ER back and describe the symptoms including the back and neck, long time headache, the top of the head business, and positive strep - preferably to a medical doctor. Or get your boyfriend to take you there.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:39 pm
Not even bothering to say go to the hospital.

She obviously won't go. If the headache was bad enough, she'd have called the ambulance by now.

I guess I am just one of those people who finds a way no matter what I have to do.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 02:53 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Not even bothering to say go to the hospital.

She obviously won't go. If the headache was bad enough, she'd have called the ambulance by now.

I guess I am just one of those people who finds a way no matter what I have to do.

I know Bella. Rolling Eyes
I've tried every possible approach.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 06:10 pm
I really hope this turns out to be nothing because we've been listening for a few days now about this horrible headache and she still wont go to the clinic.

Retta, if you had a normal CT scan in October and have no family history of brain tumor I'd say its safe to say that a life threatening tumor would not have grown this fast with the only symtom being a headache. Do you have any other neurological symptoms? Such as numbness, weakness in one side, foot drag, vomitting,light sensitivity, severe neck stiffness?

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from such a bothersome headache, but if it gets bad enough you'll be in the nearest walk-in clinic or ER soon.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 06:24 pm
I just realized that I'd called justretta 'Helen' on a previous post.
Sorry. I'm getting my frustrating posters confused.
Confused
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:39 am
Update please justretta!
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 07:21 am
Hello?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 01:04 am
Sorry I haven't written back for a few days.. been pretty busy. Headache was still bad. I went to the dr and found out I still had strep... they figured the fever was from that and gave me Vicodin for the pain. It finally went away and I am feeling better.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 01:49 am
justretta wrote:
Sorry I haven't written back for a few days.. been pretty busy. Headache was still bad. I went to the dr and found out I still had strep... they figured the fever was from that and gave me Vicodin for the pain. It finally went away and I am feeling better.

That's good to hear justretta. Smile
0 Replies