Horrible headache!!(I accidentally deleted the last one!)

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:15 pm
this is continued from before... sorry I accidentally deleted it!
I will kinda retell what is going on.
I had a strep test done last week and it was positive. Been taking my antibiotics for that and they will be gone Wednesday. Haven't had any symptoms of the strep since around Friday. But I have this horrible headache that will not go away! I have taken medicine for it and it doesn't touch it. It doesn't seem to be my sinuses... doesn't hurt when I press on my cheeks or my forhead. The pain is on the top of my head and is the worst when I wake up in the morning. Getting out of bed brings me to tears! It hurts so bad that I get sick to my stomach and sometimes vomit... I have lost my appetite and it's hard to swallow.(my throat doesn't hurt an no more white spots) Yesterday I took some tylenol and it felt like they were stuck in my throat... I started getting dizzy and I felt really sick.. started coughing and out flew a tylenol! It really was stuck in my throat! It doesn't hurt to swallow, just seems hard too. My neck was hurting last week when my strep was bad and it seems like the pain has gotten worse after the strep has subsided.. my back and shoulders are hurting today.. I am 21 years old and I don't really know my family histoy when it comes to the brain.... I appreciate everyone that has posted a reply to me! And I will try not to delete this one! to the last person that posted~ I didn't get to see what you wrote I'm sorry, if you could, plz repost it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,488 • Replies: 58
No top replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:21 pm
GO TO THE DOCTOR!
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:28 pm
I know you're all thinking I'm a major idiot for even asking and not going... but I dont have a way to get there... my mom thinks it's more important to sit in a bar and get wasted then to worry bout me... I live with her and her husband... they're my rides.... hopefully tomorrow I can call around and get a ride. I think I'm getting dehydrated
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:32 pm
justretta wrote:
I know you're all thinking I'm a major idiot for even asking and not going... but I dont have a way to get there... my mom thinks it's more important to sit in a bar and get wasted then to worry bout me... I live with her and her husband... they're my rides.... hopefully tomorrow I can call around and get a ride. I think I'm getting dehydrated

I'm sorry about your situation, but there must be some way for you to get to a hospital or clinic. Don't wait - go!
It's your HEAD. That's an important body part.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:32 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100118

Here you go. Dehydration will also cause headaches. Drink some water, take pain reducer and see what happens. Otherwise, take a taxi or a bus or have a friend take you to a walk-in clinic.
As far as dehydration being a possibility---look at the veins on the back of your hand---are the plump and bouncy when you press on them or have they sunk into your tissue. Pinch some skin on the back of your hand---does it tent up for a second or bounce back?

PS when was that normal head CT scan done?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:34 pm
Drink some water and fruit juice.

Find out where the bus is.

This might not be serious but it could be. Go see the doctor if you have to do it by yourself.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:44 pm
There are no buses or taxis where I live.. I just came down to stay with my mom and all my friends at almost an hr away. My bf is at work about 15 minutes away but doesn't get off til 5am(it's 11:30pm now) and I would feel really bad if I made him come get me to take me to the dr tonight.
I've been dehydrated alot of times and been hospitalized for it. I've been trying to drink water and was doing good up until today... I just hurt so bad and I can't seem to drink or eat anything.. I've been taking medicine though.. I'm pretty postive I'm dehydrated... veins are pretty sunken and I'm really weak.. Probably why the headache wont go away?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:55 pm
My CT scan was done in Oct. I had Strep then and along came the headache. Not as bad as this one.. But it was bad. Went to the ER about an hr away to the city because I checked myself out of the hospital where I currently get treated. My dr(on that saturday) put me in the hospital and gave me meds and set up a routine for the nurses and I was feeling considerably better Sunday night. Sunday came and there was a different dr on call and she told me that my dr had mentioned a CT scan sometime that week and she felt it wasn't needed. Plus she changed the medicine that I was taking that Saturday and it made me violently ill and I got fed up, checked myself out and my bf drove me that night to the city to get checked. They pumped me with fluids, and medicine and did the CT scan that night. Said it was normal. I went home after a few hours of being treated.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:00 pm
Well, then, it's late Monday night and we can't assess how serious your situation is - not that we could anyway, we are just people online here. I can't begin to tell if you are panicked or really sick.

Look up your local hospitals, and see if you can connect to some sort of nurse-advisory hot line. There may be something like that in your phone directory. If that doesn't help, call an ER, though that isn't easy this time of night.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:06 pm
The hospital I normally go to(it has a medical center connected)is kinda far away but I spose worth the trip. The er there is usually pretty slow.. small towns around here... you usually have to wait over an hr for the dr to get to the hospital! not usually alot or any ppl actually in the er during the week. I called there and they said if I think it's bad enough, come in. They also know me Smile. They asked if I was dehydrated, I told them yes, and they said I could either stay home tonight and drink as much as possible and come in tomorrow or I could go in tonite and get hooked up to the ol' IV that I love so much(that's totally sarcasm.. I hate needles!!!). I think I'm going to try and drink as much as I can tonight. I can't sleep, so I figured I'd sip on stuff. Haven't eaten cept bread and peanut butter today... think I will try chicken broth to sip on... I really dont want to have an IV...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:11 pm
Well, clearly I've no idea of your history. But chicken broth is - to me - better than just water, as it contains some electrolytes. Not that I'm any judge re your electrolyte levels and what to do about them.

Please - don't rely on us online, have this conversation with local medical personnel.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:15 pm
If my headaches not any better tomorrow or I can't eat or drink, I will be going to the dr. I'm sippin on chicken broth right now and propel water... I realize you guys aren't medical experts, but its nice to have ppl to talk to when you're sick and nobody else is there...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:57 am
justretta, you didn't delete your other thread. It's right here.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 10:12 am
The er there is usually pretty slow.. small towns around here... you usually have to wait over an hr for the dr to get to the hospital! not usually alot or any ppl actually in the er during the week. I called there and they said if I think it's bad enough, come in. They also know me . T
Quote:

I'm curious, why would the ER personell know you? Are you a frequent patient?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:39 am
No, but I was a frequent patient at the medical center because with my pregnancy developed preeclampsia and my son was born 10 weeks early. I was shipped to a different hospital.(as I said. it's not a big hospital/medical center)So he had alot of checkups after he came home from the NICU. Plus, when I got pregnant again, I was a high risk pregnancy, so I was at the doctors office every week being monitored. So, you tend to get to know people when you are there on a weekly basis for 9 months....
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:42 am
JPB~ When I click on 'here' it takes me to the post, you're right. But when sign in and go to 'your posts' it's not there anymore.... my other posts are, but not that one... don't think it matters much.. but thanks.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:21 pm
And I guess you could say I have had my share of frequent ER trips... I have a bad knee that pops out of place and when it does I call and notify my dr and if she's not available she has me come into the ER so a Dr can put it back where it belongs so I don't tear it up worse and so they can check on things. Plus my brother is really remembered there for one trip last year, and I'm the one who called the ambulance and followed him to the hospital and filled his paperwork out for treatment and consent to be lifeflighted.(that was in November) Kind of a big deal at that hospital because the doctors didn't know what to do with him. Small towns tend to remember exciting things like that.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:34 pm
If you're old enough to have been pregnant twice, you're old enough to get yourself to a doctor.

Walk. Ride a bike. Roller skate.

Why is this so hard for you?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:27 pm
I guess what you are not understanding is I'm in a town with no doctor and the nearest dr is not within walking distance and the only people I know here, are my mom and her husband. I contacted my friend and told her what was going on, and she is able to come down here Thurs. if I'm not better to take me to the dr. She just had a baby so she's kinda busy.

Remind me never to post a ? like this again on here!! If I were you guys I would be telling the person to get to the dr too.. but I can't!! I can't walk there, there's no busses or taxis here... so it's all bout depending on somebody else because I don't have a car. So until someone can take me, I can't go.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:37 pm
You can post anything you want.

But you're kidding yourself if you think that we will tell you anything other than see a doctor.

We all post medical crap here but usually it's met with "SEE A DOCTOR" and then it's either up to you to see a doctor or quit posting about your condition. Where did you get your strep test if there is no doctor?
Question

I can't believe that there is absolutly no public transportation where you are. I grew up in a town of 4,000 and we had public transportation.
0 Replies