Horrible headache!!(I accidentally deleted the last one!)

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:49 pm
I never said I expected anyone to tell me anything other than 'go see a dr'. I posted this to see if anybody else had gone through it before, possibly due to the strep throat...
And the town that I am in right now, has roughly 1300 ppl in it.. basically filled with bars, a gas station, a co op and a lil town grocery store.. the town I am from has 200 ppl in it. When I say smal town, I mean SMALL town. And my mom took me to see a nurse practioner in another town that's I'm guessing 12-15 miles away.. I really don't find that close enough to walk. But hey, I could be wrong...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:56 pm
Have you tried taking an aspirin for this headache?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:59 pm
I haven't taken asprin, but I have taken tylenol, iburophen, and excedrin. It's not as horrible as it was yesterday... I've been drinking more fluids today and last night I was able to keep some chicken broth down. I think that's what I will try again, or maybe some soup. I think the headaches not going away because of being dehydrated. I read up on some information and that's what I'm getting out of it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:00 pm
I believe a dehydration headache should go away quite quickly.

My suspicions is it is not due to dehydration, although dehydration may exacerbate it.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:05 pm
I had the headache when my strep was bad so it prolly has just gotten worse because I haven't been eating or drinking like I should be. Like I said, today it doesn't seem to be as bad. I can walk around without horrible pain to my head. I've been drinking alot of water today.. so I'm sure that will help matters. I know I need to eat, I just don't have any appetite. I'm going to force myself to choke down some chicken noodle soup....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:10 pm
Try an aspirin too....with a glass of water.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:13 pm
I don't think we have any asprin... I really don't take asprin, only have when the dr prescribed baby asprin as a regimin in my second pregnacy(as an experimental prevention for preeclampsia)... I could walk to the store and get some though.. hopefully that will help.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:12 pm
I wish you'd stop self-medicating and asking for long-distance opinions (not that I don't value these poster's opinions, but we're not doctors.)
You could be causing yourself serious harm.

If you can't get to the hospital, call yourself an ambulance!
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:15 pm
not saying that your idea is bad... but there is NO way I am calling an ambulance because I've been sick with strep and have a headache! Do you know how crazy that would be? I'm going to see my dr thursday if I'm not better by then... my friend is driving here to get me.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:22 pm
justretta wrote:
not saying that your idea is bad... but there is NO way I am calling an ambulance because I've been sick with strep and have a headache! Do you know how crazy that would be? I'm going to see my dr thursday if I'm not better by then... my friend is driving here to get me.

You have strep, a severe headache, you are dehydrated and don't want to eat....and you have no way to get to the hospital.
Calling an ambulance would get you to the Emergency Room where you need to be!
Trust me, when you're passed out laying on the floor, or fall down the steps because you're so weak and out of it, someone will call one for you.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:27 pm
~Trust me, when you're passed out laying on the floor, or fall down the steps because you're so weak and out of it, someone will call one for you~

I guess that's a good way to look at things, but honestly I would still feel like an idiot if I called an ambulance.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:30 pm
justretta wrote:
~Trust me, when you're passed out laying on the floor, or fall down the steps because you're so weak and out of it, someone will call one for you~

I guess that's a good way to look at things, but honestly I would still feel like an idiot if I called an ambulance.

Look at it this way: if you call you have time to make yourself look decent and put on fresh underwear. If you pass out, they come and pick you up off the floor in the middle of the night you end up at the hospital looking like you just got picked up off the floor in the middle of the night! :wink:
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:41 pm
ohhh goodness. that is very true... but I think I might just take my chances... I've drank 2 bottles of water and on my 3rd now(today). I know it's not much... but it's better than nothing. I managed to eat some chicken noodle soup with crackers. So maybe things are looking up.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:15 pm
See?

That aspirin did the trick.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:22 pm
I did find some asprin here, which is good cuz I didn't want to walk in the heat to the store. I took it and drank a glass of water... head still hurts... but it might take awhile... who knows. But I have been drinking more fluids today... and I'm snacking on cheese right now so I'm gettig something in my stomach for the antibiotic I'm taking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:25 pm
Even if the headache goes away, still go to the doctor with your friend. You need to get this figured out.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:34 pm
Yes, I do agree with you. and also because of my history with strep throat I'm going to go back and ask for another strep culture to make sure it's gone... I get strep alot and it tends to go away for a week and then BAM it's knocks me on my butt.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:56 pm
What concerns me is that if you can't get yourself to the doctor what do you do when the kids get sick?

BTW, your headache must surely have gotten better by now.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:37 pm
I just started staying here a couple weeks ago. and like I said before, I depend on my mom for travel at this time. I just got divorced and have shared custody of my kids. When they are here my mom is around or they leave me a car to use. I didn't have a problem with being able to get anywhere before when I had my own place, but now I'm staying here. Hopefully the first couple weeks of August I'm moving out... so it wont be like this.
And no, my heads killing me. I've been laying down most of the day... there's no AC in my room though so after awhile I come downstairs and check things online and sit in the coolness for awhile and go lay down some more.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:49 pm
Your headache may not be nothing. Making your boyfriend miss work (not a negligible question, I know) could really matter, and definitely having your friend take you to the md could really matter. Don't let these opportunities just pass by. The boy friend could presumably take you some time before his work. Don't be self-effacing and feel silly to ask.

Ever heard of an aneurysm? Not to scare you, but we don't know what is going on with the headache. Overnight, when you first posted, was one thing. Now, you really need to get that checked out.
0 Replies