It's time for a conspiracy theory forum

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 11:58 am
The politics forum used to be filled with threads about ... well, about politics, for the most part -- no surprise there. Sure, there might be the occasional stray non-political thread that made its way into the politics forum, but that was the exception rather than the rule. Now, however, most threads seem to be devoted to the explication of various conspiracy theories. Indeed, some members do nothing but start conspiracy theory threads in the politics forum. In the process, those threads crowd out the ones that are genuinely devoted to political discussion.

Well, I think it's time that we make a special forum for all of these conspiracy threads. That way, someone interested in politics can actually find a political discussion in the politics forum, while those who want to know the latest about the malevolent forces who are out to dominate the world can find the answers without having to wade through all the naive political banter. So,for instance, anyone who thinks that 9/11 was masterminded by Bush, the worldwide Zionist conspiracy, Freemasons, the Illuminati, and/or visitors from the Crab Nebula should be able to find refuge in a comfortable, safe place where they can spin out their conspiratorial fantasies, and leave the rest of us alone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,891 • Replies: 81
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:00 pm
I'll second that.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:01 pm
I voted yes with the hopes the loons will gather and stay there.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:02 pm
The problem is, they don't want to just convince themselves, they want to convince others - and that means posting where the non-convinced will see.

I'm not against it, just don't think it will work all that well

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:17 pm
During this time of year (September 11th) many 9/11 conspiracy threads fill politics forums across the www. It would be a waste of web space to create a special section, which will probably remain empty through out the year, however i have seen this on other forums, it's like a litter bin and nobody goes there.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:21 pm
Quote:
it's like a litter bin and nobody goes there.

Duh.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:30 pm
Brand X wrote:
Quote:

Duh.

I should say, people who are scared to find out the 'truth', those are the ones that mainly avoid that section.

Those who blindly follow their leader. The sheeple.

I'm looking at you. Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:40 pm
freedom4free wrote:
Brand X wrote:
Quote:

Duh.

I should say, people who are scared to find out the 'truth', those are the ones that mainly avoid that section.

Those who blindly follow their leader. The sheeple.

I'm looking at you. Laughing

Who am I following, and who is my leader?

Like you attacked nimh the other day about watching Fox, you are assuming again, wrongly, again. One could say you are a sheeple following other conspirators...who are also lacking common sense.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:46 pm
Everyone loves a good conspiracy. JFK, UFO's, MLK, contrails, drug interactions, AIDS, dead people, my ex-wife etc. It would make for an exciting forum.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:52 pm
I strongly believe that this poll/question is a result of some post-match secret talks.

It most certainly is inspired by the anabolika industry.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:56 pm
freedom4free wrote:
During this time of year (September 11th) many 9/11 conspiracy threads fill politics forums across the www. It would be a waste of web space to create a special section, which will probably remain empty through out the year, however i have seen this on other forums, it's like a litter bin and nobody goes there.

There are wastes of web space and wastes of web space...Starting similar threads over and over might qualify, as well...
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:57 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I strongly believe that this poll/question is a result of some post-match secret talks.

It most certainly is inspired by the anabolika industry.

And Bigfoot...and Elvis and Jim Morrison since they are still alive and all.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 12:57 pm
It may resemble a methodone clinic or whorehouse....full of crackheads and whores, or, well, the conspiracy theorist equivalents.
Traffic of non-believers would be low I would imagine.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:08 pm
They could always use the HUMOR forum.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:14 pm
By not having a conspiracy theory forum, the terrorists win.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:18 pm
The A2K Illuminati just don't want to hear to the truth. You think you can silence the truth by moving it to another forum?!? It will come ooouuuutt!
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:23 pm
http://cagle.msnbc.com/news/2004Lane/images/HearSpeakSeeNo-.jpg

The same could be applied to the failures of 9/11.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:23 pm
The Bilderberger's will never allow a designated forum.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:24 pm
The idea of a conspiracy forum has been raised before but secret government authorities shut it down before it even got started. Not to mention the Men in Black who are logging in daily without posting...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:25 pm
Re: It's time for a conspiracy theory forum
joefromchicago wrote:
Well, I think it's time that we make a special forum for all of these conspiracy threads.

The trouble is that people will think the forum is for everybody else's conspiracy theory, not theirs. Take me, for example. I sincerely believe the Bush administration decided to invade Iraq because they felt like it, manufactured ficticious reasons to do it, and lied about it to everybody else. That's a conspiracy theory I believe in. Yet, if I were foolish enough to start yet another thread about it, I would send it to the "Politics" forum in a nanosecond.

Everybody thinks they have well-funded opinions. Conspiracy stories is what everybody else has. So I don't think anyone would start a thread in this forum.
0 Replies