It's time for a conspiracy theory forum

JPB

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:26 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I strongly believe that this poll/question is a result of some post-match secret talks.

It most certainly is inspired by the anabolika industry.

I think it was inspired by this
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82788

What are the odds of two great minds coming up with the same idea independently? I smell a conspiracy!!!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:32 pm
JPB wrote:
What are the odds of two great minds coming up with the same idea independently? I smell a conspiracy!!!

Hey! Why are you so interested in quashing all those 9/11 threads?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 01:56 pm
Quashing? Are you kidding? This thread is one of my all time favorites.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:37 pm
freedom4free wrote:
During this time of year (September 11th) many 9/11 conspiracy threads fill politics forums across the www.

It's 9/15. So stop with the 9/11 threads already.

freedom4free wrote:
It would be a waste of web space to create a special section, which will probably remain empty through out the year, however i have seen this on other forums, it's like a litter bin and nobody goes there.

Well, in the marketplace of ideas, there's always the danger that no one will buy what you're selling. And if a conspiracy theory forum would end up being a litter bin, perhaps that's because it would be filled with nothing but rubbish.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:40 pm
Re: It's time for a conspiracy theory forum
Thomas wrote:
Everybody thinks they have well-funded opinions. Conspiracy stories is what everybody else has. So I don't think anyone would start a thread in this forum.

Quite possibly, but the moderators can always move threads to the appropriate forums. I've had threads that started in one forum and ended up on another, so it wouldn't be unusual for someone's conspiracy thread to start in politics and end up in conspiracies. Of course, that might also be proof that the mods are part of the conspiracy.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:44 pm
I find it very alarming that you all seem to be conspiring against these conspiracy theorists. VERY alarming. Like you're all in cahoots, operating on the same wavelength...

<gasp>

You're part of the Illuminati, aren't you?!

<runs>
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:45 pm
Well, people can write that the conspiracy of 9/11 was not a conspiracy if they wish but you must ask yourself--Who benefited? Bushie and the oil companies!
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:52 pm
joefromchicago

Quote:
Quite possibly, but the moderators can always move threads to the appropriate forums.

You'd be creating unnecessary work for the mods. Unless you're willing to be one, and work for free, i think they would find this to be a great idea Smile

I would post one 9/11 thread every 3-4 minutes on a different forum, just to pi$$ you off. Laughing
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:58 pm
Do it, Freedom...Do it...People need to know the truth!!!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:58 pm
freedom4free wrote:
I would post one 9/11 thread every 3-4 minutes on a different forum, just to pi$$ you off. Laughing

Why would you want to decrease your current pace?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:59 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
The politics forum used to be filled with threads about ... well, about politics, for the most part -- no surprise there. Sure, there might be the occasional stray non-political thread that made its way into the politics forum, but that was the exception rather than the rule. Now, however, most threads seem to be devoted to the explication of various conspiracy theories. Indeed, some members do nothing but start conspiracy theory threads in the politics forum. In the process, those threads crowd out the ones that are genuinely devoted to political discussion.

Well, I think it's time that we make a special forum for all of these conspiracy threads. That way, someone interested in politics can actually find a political discussion in the politics forum, while those who want to know the latest about the malevolent forces who are out to dominate the world can find the answers without having to wade through all the naive political banter. So,for instance, anyone who thinks that 9/11 was masterminded by Bush, the worldwide Zionist conspiracy, Freemasons, the Illuminati, and/or visitors from the Crab Nebula should be able to find refuge in a comfortable, safe place where they can spin out their conspiratorial fantasies, and leave the rest of us alone.

I thought exactly this, and was going to start a thread just like this a few days ago, but figured it wouldn't accomplish anything. I did start my own 9/11 thread, though, to satirize these dipshits. You left out Pearl Harbor, though--that was the Great American Conspiracy Theory until September 11th came along to knock it out of number one.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:59 pm
There have always been some who wanted to see Francis's other half, isn't it?

One of the photos I took in Paris a fortnight ago ...

http://i9.tinypic.com/46zzbz7.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:06 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
freedom4free wrote:

Why would you want to decrease your current pace?

Heeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

Great shot, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:26 pm
What I find most amusing about the conspiracy fans is their self-righteousness, as in, "Those who reject us are afraid of the truth!"

Such zeal. It's almost touching...
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:26 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Of course, that might also be proof that the mods are part of the conspiracy.

Sure.

And, ahem, when I called the opinions of people like myself "well-funded", I meant "well founded" of course. Really, no conspiracy to see here people, please move on ...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:36 pm
I enjoy the unintentional irony of many conspiracy theories. Indeed, there was a conspiracy to attack the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor--first conceived by Admiral Yamamoto, planned by Commanders Genda and Fuchida, and executed by Admiral Nagumo's First Air Fleet. It enjoyed a success beyond the hopes of the planners, too. Unfortunately for the plan, no carriers were at Pearl that Sunday.

September 11th was also a conspiracy, and one in which the conspirators acheived their goal. The problem with either of these as conspiracy theories is the confusion on the part of those who seem to think there is good reason to blame the United States government for these events.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:38 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
What I find most amusing about the conspiracy fans is their self-righteousness, as in, "Those who reject us are afraid of the truth!"

Such zeal. It's almost touching...

Isn't that obvious. If the righties wern't afraid of the 'truth', they would have demanded a re-investigation of 9/11. They spent $40 Billion investigating Clintons BJ, and $15 Billion on 911 - America's worst terrorist attack in history.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:40 pm
freedom4free wrote:
They spent $40 Billion investigating Clintons BJ, and $15 Billion on 911 - America's worst terrorist attack in history.

What a loon.

What is your source for the outrageously hilarious claim that the United Staes government spent $40,000,000,000 investigating Clinton's blow job.

Small wonder everyone thinks you're a nut case, when you attempt to peddle bullshit like that.
0 Replies

MarionT

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:40 pm
Dr. Bob Bowman who is running for the 15th District in Florida is no fringe conspiracy theorist. He challenges the administration to reveal the truth about 9/11. He will win in November and he will continually prod the administration to reveal the truth!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 03:41 pm
I suspect the actual figure for the investigation of Clinton's BJ will far exceed published reports. Investigators know exactly what Monica did and if she swallowed but this information has been supressed!
0 Replies