50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??

InfraBlue

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 01:42 pm
@neologist,
Did he deny them their free will in this act of foretelling?
Joe Sixpack

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 02:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
Good question.
We will eventually get to ask them.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 3 Aug, 2015 07:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

It's a lot like discussing the religi0philosophical implications of "selfhood" and "personhood."

How so? I doubt you mean that, like for gods, there is no credible evidence for the Self, since you were arguing the opposite. Or is my memory muddled?
vikorr

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 01:22 am
Last 3 pages, almost every poster has been voted down after each new post...takes a special sort of fixation for a person to keep returning just to do so Laughing
InfraBlue

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 10:37 am
@FBM,
Well, I think that there's credible evidence up to a point after which it's impossible to grasp, as it were, and it's left at an infinite regress, as you've pointed out.

For most intents and purposes, I'm informed by that level of evidence.
neologist

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 11:22 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Last 3 pages, almost every poster has been voted down after each new post...takes a special sort of fixation for a person to keep returning just to do so Laughing
It's the down thumb bum. He/she is harmless. Impotent, actually.
vikorr

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 05:06 pm
@neologist,
I had this amusing image - of a person fixating, sitting over a keyboard, hitting refresh / refresh / refresh, over & over, till another post pops just just so that they could thumb it down, with them saying to the screen "See, that showed joo!!!' Laughing
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 05:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Well, I think that there's credible evidence up to a point after which it's impossible to grasp, as it were, and it's left at an infinite regress, as you've pointed out.

For most intents and purposes, I'm informed by that level of evidence.

Yeah, for daily life I just go with the flow. I'm wondering if my points were mistaken for nihilism. They're not nihilist.
hingehead

Tue 4 Aug, 2015 07:49 pm
Just some silliness.

Spoiler alert!

http://i.imgur.com/v3PqZ.jpg
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 08:50 am
@dalahow2,
God didn't write the Bible. Man did (and at least 7 women in the Jewish portion.)

Only thing God ever wrote personally was the first version of the commandments at Mt. Sinai. Moshe destroyed these though seeing the golden calf incident and penned the following set himself.

I like ot think the God-authored version was more obviously from a god reading something far more succinct and precise as with the Cannabis' church 1st commandment of,

"Don't be an asshole." Smile
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 5 Aug, 2015 10:36 am
@FBM,
Oh, not at all. I acknowledge the limit or boundary that's reached at that level of inquiry. I'm reminded of M.C. Escher's illustrations and the paradox of self-reference.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 11 Aug, 2015 06:39 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ProudBottom/Godfigs.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 16 Aug, 2015 04:13 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1c/c7/83/1cc78374371d541d3d0d94247bb478f4.jpg

It didn't sound like an exact quote so I looked it up

Leviticus 12:1-5New International Version (NIV)

Purification After Childbirth
12 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.
0 Replies

Dropship

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 06:02 pm
@dalahow2,
Atheists say the Bible is full of errors, yet in their next breath they say it's been edited over the centuries!
Wish they'd make up their minds and tell us whether it's been tidied up to make it look good, or hasn't it?..Wink
hingehead

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 02:37 pm
@Dropship,
Wow, the depth of your perceptions is impressive. Maybe you should read some bible history.

The bible is constantly edited. For the purposes of each editor. Guess what? God never gets a say in how it's edited.

https://bible.org/article/why-so-many-versions
Dropship

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 05:17 pm
Just as there are many cover versions of famous songs with different musical arrangements and different singers, the underlying song remains the same..Smile
Same with different Bible versions, right Elv?

"Uh-huh"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/elvis1.jpg

FBM

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 06:46 pm
@Dropship,
And like the Babble, they're all made up by humans.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:05 pm
@hingehead,
IIf God did, indeed, inspire the Bible, he certainly is capable of overseeing its copying and translating.
Dropship

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
FBM said- "And like the Babble, they're all made up by humans
----------------------------------------------------------------------

You gotta be jivin us boy! Prophets and assorted holy men got hassled real bad by the snooty priests and Romans, so why would they let themselves in for all that bullying by making the Bible up?
neologist

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 11:03 pm
@Dropship,
Dropship wrote:
. . .You gotta be jivin us boy!

Wink
0 Replies