Pedophiles?

Craven de Kere

Thu 27 Jan, 2005 05:03 am
binnyboy wrote:
Let me set the stage with the following.

I find these quotes interesting. You can track down their locations and comment as you like.

Quote:
But personally, this is not something I care to discuss, I have been perfectly civil to you and have not even returned your low blows and have no interest in this line of discussion.

Quote:
I was not being "mean", nor did I have any idea that you were.

Looks to me like you still want to divert the discussion to your feelings of mistreatment.

As I have said, I don't intend to play that game with you.

If you wish to discuss the subject of the thread I will return to do so.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:41 am
Bibliophile the BibleGuru wrote:
Binny: I see you're using JoefromChicago's old avatar - I had to check the avatar name to be sure.

I've never used a picture of V.I. Lenin as my avatar. The closest I've come to using a picture of a ruthless totalitarian dictator as an avatar is when I use a photo of the late Mayor Richard J. Daley.
0 Replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:11 am
joefromchicago wrote:
Binny: I see you're using JoefromChicago's old avatar - I had to check the avatar name to be sure.

I've never used a picture of V.I. Lenin as my avatar. The closest I've come to using a picture of a ruthless totalitarian dictator as an avatar is when I use a photo of the late Mayor Richard J. Daley.

Apologies, it WAS someone else. Now that I remember, Joe, did you not have an avatar of Al Capone?
0 Replies

binnyboy

Thu 27 Jan, 2005 01:07 pm
Smile biblio, i'll have to change it back now, you bum!

Craven, you are caught in a lie (and one meant to paint me negatively). You contine to deceive by implying that I'm acting like you are being arrogant and impolite. You can ignore your own lies if you want. That's no surprise to me considering your conduct so far. If you don't want to "play that game" with me, that's fine. Just don't be surprised when I point out your negativity. (I seriously doubt your truthfulness when you said you don't want to play. I wonder how hard you will try not to respond to this with yet another banal post responding to charges before making new charges and hiding behind the "I'm not playing" reply.)

I'll get back to the issue this weekend when I have time.
0 Replies

Monger

Thu 27 Jan, 2005 03:00 pm
binnyboy wrote:
Craven, you are caught in a lie (and one meant to paint me negatively). You contine to deceive by implying that I'm acting like you are being arrogant and impolite. You can ignore your own lies if you want. That's no surprise to me considering your conduct so far. If you don't want to "play that game" with me, that's fine. Just don't be surprised when I point out your negativity. (I seriously doubt your truthfulness when you said you don't want to play. I wonder how hard you will try not to respond to this with yet another banal post responding to charges before making new charges and hiding behind the "I'm not playing" reply.)

Huh? Confused Craven didn't say you're acting...he said you're sidetracking the discussion to address how you feel he's being mean...and also said any such perception wasn't intended. Quite frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about either.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 27 Jan, 2005 04:42 pm
binnyboy wrote:

Craven, you are caught in a lie (and one meant to paint me negatively). You contine to deceive by implying that I'm acting like you are being arrogant and impolite.

Binny, I've not said anything about you "acting" in such manner. I am simply nonplussed by your complaints of being mistreated and uninterested in this soap opera you are trying to foist onto this discussion.

That you feel like this reflects on you negatively is beyond my control and interest.

If you wish to address the topic at hand please do, if your intent is to hijack this thread to one on your feelings of mistreatment then please respect my desire not to join your efforts.
0 Replies

Vivien

Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:08 am
binnyboy wrote:
you are being arrogant and impolite. You can ignore your own lies if you want. .

ridiculous - Craven can be arrogant (sorry Craven :wink: ) but strives hard not to be impolite - his answers are always considered, truthful as he sees it and intelligent debate - agree or disagree but there is no temper, no silly personal attacks and he refuses, as in this case to respond to personal attacks.

Please let the thread get back on track with its far more important issues.
0 Replies

raheel

Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:59 am
if we take a paedophile to be as most people on the thread (including myself) have described it- that is someone who is sexually attracted to a pre-pubescent child,

then anyone sexually attracted to another person who has reached puberty is not a paedophile- right?

so a 50 year old man is not a paedophile for being sexually attracted to a 15 year old (sexually mature) girl?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:57 am
Apologies, it WAS someone else. Now that I remember, Joe, did you not have an avatar of Al Capone?

Yes, I did not.
0 Replies

Vivien

Fri 28 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
a 15 year old may not be a small child but is far from being an adult and yes a 50 year old man who wanted a relationship with a 15 year old would be a paedophile to me.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:54 pm
15 is below the age of consent in most western countries.

Don't matter whether it is paedophilia, or just a bit yucky - it's illegal.
0 Replies

raheel

Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:51 am
ok- say the girl was 18.
0 Replies

Vivien

Sun 30 Jan, 2005 09:16 am
unnatural, distasteful, yes yukky but not paedophile unless the girl was of low IQ and slow development - in which case I'd judge that if her emotional/developmental age was lower then he would still be a paedophile.

hope you aren't going to do an auction of ages, it is too important an issue to be silly with.
0 Replies

raheel

Sun 30 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
no- i just wanted to see what people would say as i have heard some people call old men who have been in a relationship with girls of 15 paeophiles eventhough they are sexually mature. this seems to change the whole definition of paedophilia on being dependent on when we see somone as being an adult.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 30 Jan, 2005 04:13 pm
Sounds like you just want to get clear definitions for several paraphilias and are unknowingly grouping them under pedophilia.

Your inquiry seems to amount to whether or not pedophilia is restricted to prepubertal objects of fantasy.

Simple dictionary definitions will often use said line but in reality nature is not so clearly delineated and a postpubertal 15-year-old object of fantasy may still fall under the classification of pedophilia.

But if you want a water-tight term to use then try chronophilia (discrepancy between sexuoerotic age and chronological age).
0 Replies

Eryemil

Tue 8 Feb, 2005 07:40 am
Pedophilia
Many people confuse pedophilia with child abuse, yet even though one can be the cause of the other, they are not the same thing.
The line between them are easily ignored, the fact is, that the former is mental illness, characterized by sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children; and the latter is a sexual act against a minor punishable by law according to federal/local standards.

I believe that kids under fourteen years of age should not engage in sexual acts with an adult. The body itself will tell when a person is ready for sexual intercourse, but most importantly, the person's mind must be developed enough to grasp the concept of sexuality, and understand the consequences of their actions.

Rape, in any form that it may take, is to me one of the most heinous things that can be inflicted upon a person, as it takes away the right that I value the most, the right to choose.

I don't belive in violence against pedophiles though. As long as they are taking steps to learn to live with their problem without braking the law, I won't harass them in any way.

Of course, these philosophies are my own
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Tue 8 Feb, 2005 08:36 am
Re: Pedophilia
Eryemil wrote:
I believe that kids under fourteen years of age should not engage in sexual acts with an adult. The body itself will tell when a person is ready for sexual intercourse, but most importantly, the person's mind must be developed enough to grasp the concept of sexuality, and understand the consequences of their actions.

Do you think a 15 year old has developed enough to grap the concept of sexuality and understand the consequences?
0 Replies

rufio

Tue 8 Feb, 2005 05:31 pm
In terms of rape - I'd like to point out that "statutory rape" is often a misnomer. A 17-year-old girl who willingly has sex with her 19-year-old boyfriend - that would be considered statutory rape (here, at least).
0 Replies

Eryemil

Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:04 am
I like to believe that I'm mature enough to make that kind of decision. Sex, like everything in life, is what you make of it; it is not more than two bodies coming together by whatever means the individuals choose, skin rubbing against skin. But it definitely can mean more than that, for example, I would never call what goes on between me and my boyfriend ****. It can be either a pastime, enjoyed with a stranger, or the most fulfilling experience of you life.

But I've strayed off your question though. If a person, has enough sense to understand what sex is, and can accurately deem what it means to them, why not?
0 Replies

Eryemil

Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:10 am
By the way Rufio, the statutory rape laws are one of the most absurd here in the U.S, and that's saying something.
0 Replies