What are his intentions?

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:00 pm
My friend introduce me to this guy who is 10 years older then me. She said that he is nice, funny and as he said, looking for a life partner. He lives in another state, but due to work, travels to my city very often. At the beginning we were texting each other and made a deal him to call me when he is coming in my city. He called, I was working in my restaurant and since I couldn’t go out with him at that period of the day, we decided him to come to my work. He came, we talked for a couple of hours (I was working in meantime) and he left to catch his flight. After one week, he came again and ask me out for a dinner. We went in one bar/restaurant and he was super relaxed, acting very nicely like a real gentlemen, ordering bottle of wine, talking nicely with the server and stuffs like that. We had a really good time, getting to know each other. Nothing happened, he drove me back home and made a deal to see each other again when he is coming in my city.
In the next couple of months, he came 3 or 4 time and we were going out for a dinner in nice restaurants, having fun and talking for 3-4 hours nonstop. Meanwhile, we were texting, but like Hi, how are you, how is your day… once I mentioned that I really need a vacation and I need to consider having some, he replied, come with me in Hawaii next month, be my guest. I was speechless, I said I would love to, but let’s not exaggerate. He was like, ok, but if you change your mind, the offer is still open.
After all the dinners we had, drinks at some bar and again just driving me back home. I noticed that he is acting little flirty, I was acting flirty as well, but nobody took the move. The last time we went out, one week ago, we went for a drinks, again spent 3-4 hours together, and at the end of the night, he kissed me and it was very nice. We stayed in the bar for a couple of hours, kissing and hugging, he drove me back home and that’s it. We didn’t talk anything.
During the kissing night, he smiled and couple of times told me, why don't you come with me in Hawaii, I was just laughing and said, stop joking me with me, and he said again with jokes, noo I am not joking. Then I changed the subject.
After the kissing night, 3 days later I texted him, that I was really surprised that he kissed me, he asked me was it good or bad and I said very good but I just didn't expect it. He just smiled and said I am glad you liked it.
One day later, at 2am, I got a text message, have you changed your mind about coming in Hawaii? I didn't reply since I was sleeping and the next day I said how about we see each other these days? He said, I am really busy with work these days. I replied ok, I am really confused about your offer for Hawaii, I really thought you are joking. What do you say if I come to your city and spend couple of hours together? Believe it or not, he just replied,
"I am joking, how serious you are lol". I was left speechless, just replied, haha ok, and that's it.
What is wrong with him? Talking me out for a dinners, acting like a real gentlemen, kissing me only not even pushing me for something more, asking me for Hawaii (which I really thought he was joking, but still when someone mentions it 4 times, you would start thinking that he is serious). and then at the end,sorry I was joking. Please help, I don't understand.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 577 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:05 pm
@Dolores88,
He is a games player. Clearly, you are not. Keep it light and causal.

(Why the double-posting? Accidental?)
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 03:47 pm
@Dolores88,
I don't know enough. I might have taken his offer for real (if I believed he is real). You said essentially "no" four times. He may be a player or he may have been genuinely interested in you and finally gotten irritated that you took it as a joke.
Dolores88

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 06:04 pm
@Ragman,
Game player? In what way? How am I suppose to know if he is serious or not, mentioning some trip to Hawaii and we didn't even kiss until then. How else would I consider this offer but as a joke? That's why I was keep refusing and saying to stop joking with me.
(Yeah, double posted by mistake, my bad-sorry)
0 Replies

Dolores88

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2016 06:07 pm
@ossobucotemp,
How else would normal person reacted when somebody offers trip to Hawaii after 4 dates/dinners or whatever it was? We haven't even kissed until then, that's why I thought he is only joking or maybe trying to test me how would I react if somebody offers me vacation so easily, if I am easy girl and would fall for a some kind of a trip with a random guy
0 Replies