LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

oralloy

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:23 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
he's waiting for windows 10 to be released as he was warned off windows 8

I don't know why no one else on the planet likes Windows 8. It works great for me, stable and very fast.

But anyway, if he is waiting for Windows 10, he might want to wait a couple months longer. Intel is going to be launching a new generation of CPUs and motherboards this August.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/pc-components/intels-skylake-chips-to-appear-in-tablets-pcs-servers-3600550/

http://www.itnews.com/hardware-systems/87370/dell-plans-laptops-intels-skylake-chips-second-half-year
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:35 am
@oralloy,
The last notice I got from Microsoft was that Windows 10 will be released in August as well.

I've suggested he go ahead and get something now but he's looking forward to an all new everything system - and a new ISP as well.
oralloy

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:46 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
The last notice I got from Microsoft was that Windows 10 will be released in August as well.
I've suggested he go ahead and get something now but he's looking forward to an all new everything system - and a new ISP as well.

Wikipedia says Windows 10 will be released on July 29, but that's almost August.

The new Intel hardware is scheduled to be announced on August 15. But I am unsure if Intel will be ready to ship large volumes of their new stuff on that very day. It is possible that it will take a month or two before the new hardware reaches everyone.

But who knows. Maybe Intel will have a ton of stuff all ready to ship right when they announce it.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 09:50 am
@Miller,
David is still missing, but Foofie is back and full of good talk...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 08:46 am
Next month will be a year since Rockhead has posted.
Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 04:13 pm
@jcboy,
I spoke with RH soon after he stopped posting. He was having computer problems. He also said he was OK. I had my doubts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 01:20 pm

My computer seems to be approaching its end.

If I suddenly vanish for awhile, it is likely to be because my current computer is kaput.

I'm already thinking about what parts I will need in order to assemble a new computer, so any absence should be temporary.
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 01:42 pm
@oralloy,
go apple even the new i pad now has usb's so its no longer a toy
oralloy

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2015 03:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I'm hoping to build my own. I'm thinking Linux though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2015 08:45 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

That does it. I want one.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 06:48 pm
@dlowan,
with concern, I ask, does anyone know where edgarblythe has gone?
Is he having puter trubble?

I miss his poesy and well reasoned observations
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
He quit a2k, kaboom. He's on Facebook these days.
I miss him here.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 06:51 pm
@farmerman,
edgar's fine

he chose to leave a2k and can be found posting on FB
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
Frank Apisa pissed him off one too many times.
hingehead

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:00 pm
While I'm here Berty McJock posted again recently after a 2 year hiatus.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:04 pm
@hingehead,
Ah! I remember liking him a lot.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:14 pm
@hingehead,
My wife did a short stint on facebook and she said it was a bunch of "zombies" (her words not mine) all with the same opinions. What a world that would be.
Im convinced that A2k style "open bulletin boards" are morphing and I think maybe FB will also since I hear about the gradual exodus from its portals.

"""Sigh""" Ill miss Edgar, but I aint backing into the FB world .
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:17 pm
@farmerman,
Me neither.....
yet.
I've other reasons: I think I'm not smart enough to navigate old friends and old a2kers and the fb format. I'd probably need a secretary.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:20 pm
@hingehead,
Frank can do that. And all the time he thinks hes being profound. I remember when Frank went quite a bit postal a couple years ago and it started with the same tone hes into now. Hed start with arguing, then it was swearing , then flaming and swearing in increasingly large font letters and colors (sorta like Romeo whatzisface). Then he went for a rest and came back and was pretty reasonable for a while > I dont unerstand , but I will keep looking for someone who gives a **** to explain it to me.

I figure Frank will disappear in a bit

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:29 pm
@ossobuco,
my wife was on here for about 6 months in the mid 2000's and she didnt play much. She went over to FB and was not impressed with all the "niceness".
She wound up getting involved in doing a lot of puter designs for fabric and really weird lace after (The name Luba Kretchky ring any bells?).
Shes been doing stuff with colleagues and its mostly by texting and e-mail, and Skype. She thinks that all these BB's and FB are a huge waste of valuable creative time. Perhaps shes right. Im sitting here still resting and typing away after our boat trip and shes out in the studio (its (9:30 PM) working on some project for a show.