LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

hightor

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 07:14 am
@hingehead,
I admit to retaining a certain willingness to accept old Finn for what he was – quite intelligent and very cantankerous. He could get really nasty, especially late in the evening – I think it might have been the Scotch talking. But I had some decent conversation with him, starting as far back as Abuzz.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 03:17 pm
@hingehead,
Finn was a die hard Republican and yes, very opinionated and belligerent.
He was especially dismissive towards the women of a2k. I am also glad
that he's gone, what an unpleasant person!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 04:01 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Re: hingehead (Post 7355479)
I admit to retaining a certain willingness to accept old Finn for what he was – quite intelligent and very cantankerous. He could get really nasty, especially late in the evening – I think it might have been the Scotch talking. But I had some decent conversation with him, starting as far back as Abuzz.

That was my experience as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 07:24 pm
Finn and I were always at odds. We almost made an appointment for me to drive up and meet him once. It was me that backed out. I didn't see it benefitting either of us, ultimately.
hingehead

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2024 10:31 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
Like Eorl and Mr Stillwater, when there were nice, smart, Australian men on this board.

Just BTW Eorl is on twitter as @studiligence - but mostly he sticks to antireligion 'debates'.
0 Replies

Bogulum

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2024 02:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Finn and I were always at odds. We almost made an appointment for me to drive up and meet him once. It was me that backed out. I didn't see it benefitting either of us, ultimately.

Just curious Edgar - what was the stated, intended purpose of that “appointment”. Attempted detente? Pistol duel at high noon? Shooting the **** over a few brewskis?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2024 06:21 pm
@Bogulum,
I had a disagreement with Finn.

He wanted to meet me to thrash it out when he visited the UK.

I told him I had no desire to meet him at all.

He accused me of cowardice.

I told him I was well up for a fight, if anything I was looking forward to it, all he had to do is name a time and place when he was next in the UK.

He did not reply.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2024 07:17 pm
@Bogulum,
It was like an uneasy truce. Been long enough ago some of the details elude me. He popped into one of my poetry threads and actually tried to be helpful. We quickly resumed the traditional years long sniping at one another. The kind where he told me his friends would kick the **** out of me for saying certain things.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2024 09:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
He wasn't one of my favorites, thin skinned and easily riled......very rude to women.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2024 10:50 pm
Since I stumbled onto this thread again, I miss Gezzy (Montana). Anybody heard from her?
hightor

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2024 05:50 am
@roger,
Gezzy – wasn't she on Abuzz?

Still on the lookout for farmerman.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2024 07:04 am
@roger,
Quote:
Anybody heard from her?
she is fairly active on FB...
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2024 08:43 am
@Region Philbis,
Yes I read her posts and sometimes respond to them.
0 Replies

Bogulum

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2024 06:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It was like an uneasy truce. Been long enough ago some of the details elude me. He popped into one of my poetry threads and actually tried to be helpful. We quickly resumed the traditional years long sniping at one another. The kind where he told me his friends would kick the **** out of me for saying certain things.

Geez... You and I have had our moments, but I don't think it ever came to threats of physical violence. That's remarkable.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2024 07:38 am
@Bogulum,
We don't agree about everything but I have always respected you. You have a good heart. In my opinion.
Bogulum

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2024 07:45 am
@edgarblythe,
The reverse is also true, Edgar old shoe. Very Happy
Below viewing threshold (view)
Bogulum

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2024 06:02 am
@From Opium,
Sorry, what?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 10:00 am
https://i.imgur.com/PX8gukFl.png
A newly discovered Pompeii fresco depicting Helen of Troy meeting Paris, prince of Troy, for the first time.
Photograph: Parco Archeologico di Pompei press office/AFP/Getty Images

I don't think this depicts the two A2Ks (even three in the sentence), but I couldn't help but think of them when I saw the photo in that report.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 11:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/PX8gukFl.png
A newly discovered Pompeii fresco depicting Helen of Troy meeting Paris, prince of Troy, for the first time.
Photograph: Parco Archeologico di Pompei press office/AFP/Getty Images

I don't think this depicts the two A2Ks (even three in the sentence), but I couldn't help but think of them when I saw the photo in that report.

Last time I saw HoT was in a Big Apple eatery where she was giving a waitress a hard time...actually grabbing her by the arm. I was embarrassed enough to leave before everyone ordered. I think Jonathan (Joe Nation) was with us and he left with me. Not sure if Bernie was also there, but I think he was. There were quite a few A2Kers at that meet.

Jonathan and I also met with the Prince (Gautema sp?) at another spot. I thought the Prince was going to rape the waiter.

Never met Fresco.