LOST & MISPLACED A2K people.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:43 pm
@farmerman,
No, but I'll sure look the name up!
I was a painting fool in the early 2000's, was also remodelling my house, a lot of that by me, some with help; totally redoing my biggish garden including revising grading and drainage, co-owning a design business along with art gallery, including having hundreds of people into the gallery once a month. And, I was blabbering on a2k all that time, well, once a2k started.

So what - I think some of us probably have typing addictions (yes, even you). A need to express ourselves, come what may. Why I like it here.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 07:51 pm
@ossobuco,
my wife lets no one into her creative side. but she always seeks out my opinions of half done projects andoften we argue, but I have no hold on what she decides as the final products.

I was piloting a boat through some fairly tight waters last week and a half and I only posted once , where I called the boat a "pig". I was frustrated and in a coffee shop near the dock and sent a message because the entire area of Va had broad band using "white space" technology. It was amazing. I kept off the lines most all that time with only a note to family and one client.

It was great and very mind cleaning.All this kind of tippee typing communication makes one have little boxy thoughts and bumpr stickers of ideas. I started a painting on the boat by a sketch pad, Ive got an idea using ink, air brush and gold leaf an itll be a tryptich on a large board
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 08:02 pm
@farmerman,
Point taken.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 08:03 pm
@hingehead,
I wonder if Frank keeps score of how many members he's gotten rid of.
hingehead

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 09:06 pm
@roger,
To be fair, we got rid of Frank for a few years.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 09:35 pm
I'm positive me and Frank would be great pals IRL.
But here he was driving me bat **** so I had to switch his channel.

So I don't get edgar leaving to start not able 2 know on Facebook and sending his football picks through an intermediary.

Weird
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 09:41 pm
@panzade,
I do.

I think it is sorrow.

I love him, unhappy he is gone.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:15 am
@panzade,
I think youre right pan. The internet seems to expand our opinions and our phrases can be read many ways. Ive noticed several guys (me included) get a lot testy when we read a statement that the author meant to be taken another way.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 04:15 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think youre right pan. The internet seems to expand our opinions and our phrases can be read many ways. Ive noticed several guys (me included) get a lot testy when we read a statement that the author meant to be taken another way.

You can solve the problem by not taking everything personally, which is after all the grown up adult way to do things. That seems to be to difficult for a lot of people around here to handle.
George

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 04:30 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:
. . . So I don't get edgar leaving to start not able 2 know on Facebook and
sending his football picks through an intermediary. . .
He does so because I sought him out and asked him to. I volunteered to
post the schedules on fb and put his responses up here.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 04:41 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
which is after all the grown up adult way to do things.

I have to admit that, with a pulse, I have a heart.
Perhaps youve heard of such things.

"getting personal" is wjhere it always seems to go on both sides. Your very admonition to me is cast as a snidely one, dont you agree?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 05:20 am
@farmerman,
Don't be too hard on him, he's just trying to get noticed. He's had a very hard week where he's been made to look very stupid.
djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 05:51 am
@farmerman,
i don't see it as snide, hawk and i agree on a few things and this is one of them, it's all just words on a screen and you can't take them to heart or it can eat you up

the world would be easier for everyone if they treated the internet as water and themselves as a ducks back
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 05:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't be too hard on him, he's just trying to get noticed. He's had a very hard week where he's been made to look very stupid.

Where? I have actually not been posting a lot (for me) lately, I am writing a book, but I dont recall any instances of me looking foolish.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 06:40 am
hmmm. 'I'm writing a book'. 'I'm a zen master'. I think Izzy's on to something.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 06:45 am
@panzade,
Oh. Edgar left? I knew he started the Facebook group. I must have missed stuff. Well, I guess I'm hardly here.

I really miss folk like you Pan!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:58 pm
@George,
Quote:
He does so because I sought him out and asked him to. I volunteered to
post the schedules on fb and put his responses up here.

I get that George. You're a jewel on this site and a kind and generous poster.
George

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:33 pm
@panzade,
<blush>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 03:55 pm
I don't get why people are against facebook. It's a tool of communication like everything else. You can go there and only add a2k members and do the same as you do here, with the exception that you don't invite everyone to be part of your group. That's all.

In many ways facebook is better as you don't have the constant bickering and endless fighting.
panzade

Reply Sat 26 Sep, 2015 04:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
I don't get why people are against facebook.

I think it's because they don't know how to use it.
Same goes for A2K. If you know how to use it it's a blast.
Quote:
facebook is better as you don't have the constant bickering and endless fighting

I see plenty of that.
I use both to communicate with my friends Very Happy