Is still upset or he just doesn't have the balls to tell me it's over?

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 04:38 pm
So I've been seeing this guy for about 5 months and we had a great, intense connection. Well recently we had what I considered a hiccup.

2 weeks ago we were trying to make plans to see each other before he had to leave for a business trip for a week. He was very busy with work before his trip but he was trying to find ways to me. Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to see each other before his trip but we were talking about taking a trip of our own soon. Any who two days before he left I got upset with him and told him to forget about seeing me in but so many words. So he left for his trip without us saying anything to each other. I realized the error of my ways and a week later I sent an apology text (he was out of the country). He replied "hey it's all good. just saw your message. just landed in NY." So I assumed everything was fine.

Now, I had a family emergency (didn't tell him about this) and got caught up with that for the rest of the week and didn't respond back to his text . I reached out to him 3 days later and called him at 1 am (I was out with my friends). He didn't call back which was odd so I shot him a text the next day and said how I was around his side of town and wanted to see him and even cracked a joke. He replied with "Hey. Headed to work." So I said "oh ok. how about tomorrow?" He replied back with the sticking out the tongue emoji, whatever that meant. So the next day arrived and I said I was finishing up some work and would head to his house around 6 and he replied "hey. not there today". I just said ok and we haven't talked in 2 days.

He's just been short and I feel like he's avoiding me. We would talk every day but now he's just short and cold. I'm not sure if he still needs space or if he's just not man enough to tell me he doesn't want to see me anymore.

My friend said if he was done he wouldn't have replied to me those times I reached out and or he would've told me by now that this isn't what he wants anymore. That he's just still upset and giving me a taste of my own medicine since I was so dismissive with him and then took days to reach out to him when get got back...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 792 • Replies: 10

dannmann1992

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:09 pm
@Aec-2016,
Hmm this is a tough one. I think he's still upset. You definitely dropped the ball on this one OP, but I think if he didn't want to see you anymore he would just ignore you altogether if he didn't have the balls. He definitely didn't need to give an explanation that he just saw your message, landed, and is NY.

Just give him some space and then talk to him preferably in person. Leave the texting alone! Apologies are great but they're not as genuine over text. Good luck OP.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:10 pm
You seem a bit immature and I think your partner is realizing this too.
Instead of a text you could send him an email explaining yourself and why
you were upset in the first place and why you haven't responded when he got back. The ball is in his court, if he understands and wants to see you again,
he'll contact you - if not, you have to live with it and respect his wishes!
dannmann1992

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:15 pm
@CalamityJane,
See that's the thing-she apologized to me that shows something about her character. Especially if this is their first hiccup like she said. People will make mistakes, especially in relationships. No one is perfect and issues are going to arise in relationships. You're going to act immature at some point, or what's deemed immature, and so will your partner. You will piss off your partner and vice versa. You just can't just ship over this especially if the person is genuinely apologetic. I'm sure he isn't perfect either. To me that's immature. Even more immature if he really is done with this and isn't man enough to tell her.
jespah

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:36 pm
@dannmann1992,
Is it as mature as answering your own post and then screwing up the pronouns?
dannmann1992

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 05:39 pm
@jespah,
Huh? This is AEC's post...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 07:56 pm
@jespah,
http://rs227.pbsrc.com/albums/dd287/breezy315/roflmao.jpg~c200
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 07:57 pm
@jespah,
I think it was just a matter of a missing comma. Post should probably have read like this:

Quote:
See that's the thing - she apologized, to me that shows something about her character
nimh

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 08:00 pm
@nimh,
Or, on second thought, maybe not...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 06:04 am
This relationship has jumped the shark.

Move on.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 08:03 am