How is Trump going to make America great again?

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2016 09:03 pm
The big message from Trump is his promise to make America great again.
What's wrong with America now? Isn't our country doing better than the rest of the world? What other miracle does the Trump camp expect?
How is Trump going to make America great again? Details, please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 14 • Views: 5,916 • Replies: 135

Foofie

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Bring back the "melting pot" social mores? Stop the multi-cultural society?

I would outlaw, in the media, the hyphen in people's self-identity. We're only Americans.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:14 pm
@Foofie,
losing in november would be a great start.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 01:30 pm
@Foofie,
What do you mean, "Stop the multi-cultural society?"
The US is a country made up of immigrants from many countries. There is no way to reverse what's already here.
It's okay for people from different cultures to practice their culture in the US. We're fortunate here in Northern California, because we have people from all over the world, and many open restaurants.
We have many in our town of Sunnyvale.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33146-Sunnyvale_California.html
Below viewing threshold (view)
thack45

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 02:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Close the internet
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 03:24 pm
@thack45,
The internet is the heart of Silicon Valley where I live. The high tech industry in our area have created jobs for many, and most of the world's major players have offices here. I wouldn't have it any other way. This area used to be cherry orchards. We now worry about traffic, and the high cost of living.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 07:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Trump will destroy the US economy.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-economy_us_576452a5e4b015db1bc95ee6
giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 07:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Oh puh-leeze... what kind of scare tactic is this claiming that if we try to secure Southern border we're in for economic disaster.... Poppycock only an idiot would buy into this Chicken Little the sky is falling tactic
revelette2

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 08:41 am
@cicerone imposter,
On slightly frivolous note, do they not any more cherry trees there maybe around the homes or in a garden?

I imagine Trump's idea of making America great again would involve taking away all of the gains in the civil rights movement and further subjecting everybody but pure white Americans. I guess we would be back to classifying people by what percentage they are white and people of color would be trying to "pass" again to try and make a living. Muslims would have worship in secret and put away their veils, the list would go on and on.
maporsche

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:35 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Oh puh-leeze... what kind of scare tactic is this claiming that if we try to secure Southern border we're in for economic disaster.... Poppycock only an idiot would buy into this Chicken Little the sky is falling tactic

No less poppycock than your stated belief that Clinton will destory the 2nd amendment, the 1st amendment, and the nation as a whole. Only an idiot would believe that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 09:55 am
All you do is complain. If you are so smart, how would you fix the problems?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 10:23 am
@revelette2,
Yes. We have Olson's cherries. When we have guests, I always take them to Olson's and buy them a box of cherries.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cj-olson-cherries-sunnyvale

Also, Apple is building their flying saucer office building near our home, and it would be remiss of me if I don't show visitors that site.

We used to have two cherry trees, but they got diseased and died. I now have a lemon tree in our back yard which bears fruit year round.
giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:08 pm
You go Miller!!!
giujohn

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:09 pm
@maporsche,
Are you telling me that Clinton believes in an individual right to keep and bear arms? Because if you believe that you'll believe just about anything.
Foofie

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What do you mean, "Stop the multi-cultural society?"
The US is a country made up of immigrants from many countries. There is no way to reverse what's already here.
It's okay for people from different cultures to practice their culture in the US. We're fortunate here in Northern California, because we have people from all over the world, and many open restaurants.
We have many in our town of Sunnyvale.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33146-Sunnyvale_California.html

But, once upon a time the immigrants wanted to become as American as baseball and apple pie. If you haven't noticed many people living in the hinterland of the U.S.A. have no desire to see all the countries you have seen, less to meet the people in those countries. That might be because there are enough things to see in the U.S.A., and enough people here that are interesting. One can live on ham and cheese sandwiches on Wonder Bread. We also have different cultures in different regions, so cultures from other cultures might just reflect "extra baggage" that prevents immigrants and their children from directing their energies to making America stronger/better/etc.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:08 pm
@Foofie,
You are 100% wrong. Immigrants have made this country what it is today. The most powerful in the world with only five percent of the world population.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:10 pm
@Foofie,
Why Apple is so successful.
http://www.apple.com/diversity/
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 02:52 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
Are you telling me that Clinton believes in an individual right to keep and bear arms? Because if you believe that you'll believe just about anything.

I believe that she would do very little to limit the right of people to keep and bear arms. Maybe close the gun show loophole and keep people on the terrorist watch list from buying them. I'm confident that other than those minor issues, the status quo would remain pretty much the same.
revelette2

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2016 03:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thanks for the information, glad they saved some trees. I think if we ever visit that far out west, I will try to convince my husband to go around where you live. My grandparents back in late sixties and early seventies used to have a whole line of fruit trees; I remember the crabapple tree fondly. (sneaked some though I wasn't supposed to..)