How is Trump going to make America great again?

giujohn

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 10:11 pm
@maxdancona,
As I said before I would vote for Alfred P Newman over Hillary... Hell I'd even vote for you.
0 Replies

Alentaren

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 03:56 am
All you do is complain. If you are so smart, how would you fix the problems?
momoends

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 04:29 am
@giujohn,
how come is much more important the individual right to keep and bear arms that the individual right to have medical treatment and assistance available and affordable at any time in any circumstances???
momoends

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 04:54 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
would you explain more about that America Culture you are so concerned about? It seems there is a big group of uses and traditions that are unique are common in the US that i don´t know about, would you tell me about it and how they´re being threaten by multiculturalism?
Miller

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 06:39 am
@Alentaren,
Alentaren wrote:

All you do is complain. If you are so smart, how would you fix the problems?

Alentaren: The post is identical to the post by CI earlier in this thread. His post was directed against me.

Are you CI?

If you're a new member, copying other's post what's your goal?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 06:43 am
@momoends,
Well, Momo. The best way to explain the culture they want to go back to is through popular song. This one explains the Trump phenomenon pretty well.

Miller

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 06:45 am
@Alentaren,
I just reported you.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2016 06:50 am
@momoends,
momoends wrote:

how come is much more important the individual right to keep and bear arms that the individual right to have medical treatment and assistance available and affordable at any time in any circumstances???

Medical assistance is available at anytime we call them emergency rooms and ask any illegal immigrant how affordable they are. And it's more important to be able to protect yourself from having to end up in the emergency room in the first place.
Miller

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 08:14 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

momoends wrote:

Medical assistance is available at anytime we call them emergency rooms and ask any illegal immigrant how affordable they are. And it's more important to be able to protect yourself from having to end up in the emergency room in the first place.

The situation in many Urban ERs today is so violent, many ER docs wear guns to protect themselves. Many hospitals have closed their ERs, because of the cost of their operation and other hospitals have closed because of the types of walk-in patients that appear and the costs associated with maintain both the ER as well as the hospital, in general.
maporsche

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 09:40 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:
The situation in many Urban ERs today is so violent, many ER docs wear guns to protect themselves.

How many? Any evidence?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 11:03 am
@maporsche,
From the NYT:
Quote:
Ana Marengo, a spokeswoman for the city’s Health and Hospitals Corporation, said that there had been no shootings in the system’s 11 hospitals in recent history, and that “gun violence has not been a problem inside our hospitals.” She referred questions about crime statistics to the Police Department, and police officials could not immediately provide such figures.

And in the few instances in the last 20 years or so where shots were fired inside a hospital, the gunmen tended to target hospital workers. In a case in 2004, a man shot a desk clerk at Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens and abducted his wife; the man, Miguel Carrasquillo, was later arrested but died in custody while awaiting trial.

On Dec. 31, 1997, a former patient took a security guard hostage at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center; he fired two shots during a standoff but surrendered without injuring anyone.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 11:33 am
@maporsche,
I've read some time ago that ,ore and more hospital guards across the USA carry weapons.
(Something impossible here - not only due to the weapon laws but mainly, because an Emergency Room is for persons who need help due to an emergency = most, if not all, aren't in a position to do any harm to others.)
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 11:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
When the Hospital Fires the Bullet
Quote:
To protect their corridors, 52 percent of medical centers reported that their security personnel carried handguns and 47 percent said they used Tasers, according to a 2014 national survey. That was more than double estimates from studies just three years before. Institutions that prohibit them argue that such weapons — and security guards not adequately trained to work in medical settings — add a dangerous element in an already tense environment. They say many other steps can be taken to address problems, particularly with people who have a mental illness.

Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, for example, sends some of its security officers through the state police academy, but the strongest weapon they carry is pepper spray, which has been used only 11 times in 10 years. In New York City’s public hospital system, which runs several of the 20 busiest emergency rooms in the country, security personnel carry nothing more than plastic wrist restraints. (Like many other hospitals, the system coordinates with the local police for crises its staff cannot handle.)

According to what Miller wrote above -"many ER docs wear guns to protect themselves" - that must have changed totally between February and now.
maporsche

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 11:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

When the Hospital Fires the Bullet
Quote:
To protect their corridors, 52 percent of medical centers reported that their security personnel carried handguns and 47 percent said they used Tasers, according to a 2014 national survey. That was more than double estimates from studies just three years before. Institutions that prohibit them argue that such weapons — and security guards not adequately trained to work in medical settings — add a dangerous element in an already tense environment. They say many other steps can be taken to address problems, particularly with people who have a mental illness.

Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, for example, sends some of its security officers through the state police academy, but the strongest weapon they carry is pepper spray, which has been used only 11 times in 10 years. In New York City’s public hospital system, which runs several of the 20 busiest emergency rooms in the country, security personnel carry nothing more than plastic wrist restraints. (Like many other hospitals, the system coordinates with the local police for crises its staff cannot handle.)

According to what Miller wrote above -"many ER docs wear guns to protect themselves" - that must have changed totally between February and now.

Trained hospital security guards carrying firearms is a FAR cry from emergency room DOCTORS carrying guns.
farmerman

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 12:15 pm
@maporsche,
I spent a week in the urgery an emergency wings of the Jefferson University Hospital in Philly this March and , while there were a few security personnel who were armed (I only saw them ner the entrances to the pavilions and t the main entrnce where they have the entire place sensored and scanned.

Noone else carries.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The majority who study and work hard will get the opportunities to make a comfortable living for themselves and their families. Many without a college education also do very well, because they have the right skills.

Indubitably!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 01:56 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Unintentionally funny is the funniest kind of funny.

That can also reflect Shadenfreude. Never meant to be funny, but others are joyful with laughter with another's misfortune.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 01:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

GiuJohn,

I am just curious. What do you think about the number of Jews with powerful positions in American government and the financial industry?

I think they are good foils for WASP America.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:03 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

GiuJohn,

I am just curious. What do you think about the number of Jews with powerful positions in American government?

I have absolutely no problem with people of the Jewish faith. And maybe what we need is a good Jewish president.

The problem is that even the brightest, of the brightest, Jewish President would do something that others would criticize, and many Gentiles being who they are would then collectively blame all American Jews, or for that matter all 14 million Jews in the world. It's just the nature of many Gentiles to like scapegoating Jews, in my opinion. Notice how you do not see a Jewish President from that perspective, telling me that being Jewish is just a different trip through the human experience, aside from theology.
giujohn

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2016 02:28 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

giujohn wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

GiuJohn,

I am just curious. What do you think about the number of Jews with powerful positions in American government?

I have absolutely no problem with people of the Jewish faith. And maybe what we need is a good Jewish president.

The problem is that even the brightest, of the brightest, Jewish President would do something that others would criticize, and many Gentiles being who they are would then collectively blame all American Jews, or for that matter all 14 million Jews in the world. It's just the nature of many Gentiles to like scapegoating Jews, in my opinion. Notice how you do not see a Jewish President from that perspective, telling me that being Jewish is just a different trip through the human experience, aside from theology.

Oh well... **** em if they can't take a joke.