jmr1972

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:12 am
Let's say that an individual came up behind you around 2345 hours and cut your back with a small knife. After the police shows up as well as the fire rescue, would you seek medical treatment and have it logged onto the police report? Please answer with a yes or no plus the reason behind your answer.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:20 am
@jmr1972,
Yes, I would.

This answer assumes that I don't know this individual and there isn't anything you are leaving out of the story. I would report any crime committed against me unless there was a good reason not to.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 09:42 am
I would report it and get a crime number from my local police. It might be useful documentary evidence for insurance purposes e.g. if the wound made me sick and I had to take time off work. Also if a crazy person is going around stabbing strangers they need to be caught, so it would be my public duty to do this.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:53 pm
@jmr1972,
What is the relevance of the time this happened?
chai2

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 08:56 pm
Of course I'd seek medical treatment. Who knows what was on that knife?

Of course I'd tell the police I was cut by that person with a knife.

Why wouldn't I?
0 Replies

jmr1972

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:08 pm
@cherrie,
The time is in there. I used military time. If you're not familiar with this it is 11:45 p.m.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:27 pm
@jmr1972,
Please explain the reason for your question, Jmr1972. I assume there is something behind it and I have been somewhat patiently waiting...
jmr1972

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:38 pm
@maxdancona,
I can't go into detail because it's still an open case.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:46 pm
@jmr1972,
Cherrie is asking why the time matters.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:02 am
@jmr1972,
I am very familiar with 24 hour time. I was wondering what the significance was of the time this alleged event occurred.

It's not as though you would report it if it happened at a certain time of day, but not report it if it happened at a different time.
Linkat

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:51 am
@jmr1972,
Yes. Because I would want to make sure there was not anything serious wrong and to report a crime...hopefully preventing a future crime.

The only reason I could perceive one not wanting to report it would be if that person was involved with a crime him/herself at the time.
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:11 am
Often a crime is not reported if the victim would be embarrassed, e.g. if they were in a rough part of town late at night looking for a prostitute or a homosexual.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 08:44 am
@jmr1972,
jmr1972 wrote:
After the police shows up as well as the fire rescue, would you seek medical treatment and have it logged onto the police report?

not sure where you are but here if the police show up - there will be a police report in addition to the fire dept report of the run. no need to report it a second time.

___

I would seek medical treatment.
0 Replies

jmr1972

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:23 pm
@cherrie,
Yes, the time is when the "crime" occurred and was called into 911.
chai2

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 07:49 pm
@jmr1972,
Now you're just being evasive.

What cherie, and others have asked is very clear.

I'll make it as dummy proof as possible for you.

What difference does it make what time this happened?
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 12:13 am
@jmr1972,
jmr1972 wrote:

Yes, the time is when the "crime" occurred and was called into 911.

Seriously?
Either you are very lacking in comprehension skills, or - as chai said - you are being deliberately evasive for some reason.

Why does the time matter?

As for not being able to give any more details because it's an open case - nobody is asking for names and addresses, or even what country you're in, but a little more information about the incident would be helpful.
Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 07:29 am
@cherrie,
I suspect that this person was also doing something s/he should not have been or for some reason wants to keep their doings a secret. No other reason not provide more details or not wanting to file a report.
0 Replies

jmr1972

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:10 am
Fine, I will tell everything except the names. "On Monday, September 9, 2013 the victim called 911 saying that the suspect/defendant stabbed the victim, punched the victim and got away in a two door red sports car. A DAVID query of the suspect's name did not return results of any similar vehicles registered to him. The area where the victim was stabbed did not have any blood but a knife was impounded where the victim saw the suspect throw something. fire rescue responded but the victim refused treatment." The question that till remains is, if someone came up behind you and cut/stabbed you would you get medical treatment when fire rescue shows up?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:16 am
@jmr1972,
I hope the defendant has a good lawyer. Does the alleged victim have an explanation as to why he or she didn't seek treatment?
jmr1972

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2015 08:22 am
@maxdancona,
No. Plus the defendant dose have evidence that can prove that the victim is lying to the sheriff's and to the courts. It's all matter of time before the s#!t hits the fan.
0 Replies