RABEL222

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 05:13 pm
@MrGiggles25,
Have you read the U S constitution?
0 Replies

MrGiggles25

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 05:48 pm
And the thing is, I am not like another 16 year olds who couldn"t give a crap about anything but whomever it may be. I am actually a young adult who actually cares about what goes on in his country and how it will affect him. you should go to this link. its from the series "The Newsroom"(some profanity, but it just adds to the emotion. arguably the truest moment ever on television.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49NOyJ8fNA
GorDie

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 09:06 pm
@thack45,
Hey Thack45, maybe you should consider: I never said that the USA ws the first or only nation to allow homosexual marriage, and take that into your calculations you nimrod. You're jumping to false conclusions was a demonstration of your own stupidity. You refer to me as if I said things I never did you Lunatic (you must be delusional)

The USA is widely hated by the countries of the world, and now, It's government is in full swing to complete Monopoly over it's people. Capitalist Pigs are about to win the Government over.

I never said USA was hated for it's gays, but now it is factual the least appreciable country. Wait. You'll regret ever being pro atheism or sexual liberty when your countries NEW government takes a shitt on your heads.

You pretty much voted in a 100% atheist government. In other words all your politicians believe that MORALS are Fictitious. Wait and see how much good they do for your people, and how much "good" they do for the Bad people.
thack45

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 09:51 pm
@GorDie,
Oh. Well I guess it's my fault for assuming that you'd ever try to make a point when you open your little yell hole
Quote:
Cheers* Shmeers* to the OFFICIALLY most fucked up Country in the World.

Gone straight from most hated to least appreciable

I still doubt that you know what appreciable means, and I know you don't know what factual means. So run along now little boy, there is work to be done
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 09:55 pm
@thack45,
haha

seems like school's out for summer eh
jcboy

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:00 pm
The Supreme Court has officially ruled that same-sex marriages MUST be performed nationwide. Some states are still refusing. Ok it's finally time. Obama, send in the troops. Kill all of the politicians who are refusing and let's move on. That's what they're expecting, right?

But lets move on, there is more from the republican morons!

"The Supreme Court is completely out of control, making laws on their own, and has become a public opinion poll instead of a judicial body. If we want to save some money, let's just get rid of the court." - Bobby Jindal

I just dropped to my knees and thanked almighty Christ for the 2016 Republican Primary. This is going to be ******* golden.

Oh but there is even more! Jeb Bush, you're so clever. He opposes gay marriage because of his faith but he loves gays and thinks we should all respect each other. The rest of the major Republican candidates are crying about unelected judges. Guess what, shitheads. After 2016, you're also going to be unelected. YEAAAAAAAAH! (Puts on sunglasses)

And on another note: Gay marriage was technically already legal in 2 states where I have lived (CA, Florida), however I decided to propose to the Puerto Rican again today just to honor the occasion. He said no because I didn't buy a ring first. I suggested something functional instead like onion and calamari rings so we had dinner out with the kids and he said yes so all is good.
thack45

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm
@ehBeth,
http://media.tumblr.com/d9fe3222d0e033e92567515e06331cc1/tumblr_inline_mwhnk4CywQ1rc8nzd.png
School? Where we're going, we don't need school
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 10:12 pm
@jcboy,
Aye, republicans digging their own graves for '16 on this one would just be icing on the cake.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 11:53 pm
@MrGiggles25,
It's good that you are concerned about your country – you're off to a much better start than I was at your age. Nevertheless, saying that you care about about what's going on in your country, and then citing a television drama as an example, casts doubt as to the seriousness of your claim.

While The Newsroom is packed with the expected 'Sorkinesqe' commentary like the clip you've provided, it is just that – commentary, and there aren't any revolutionary ideas there either. Sure, it's good for boiling up the blood a little, a nice jab at the parrots of the nation. But there are absolutely truer moments on television every day because, again, it is a television drama; one which essentially amounts to an assortment of op/ed pieces and a subplot or two (personally I found The West Wing much more enjoyable).

I do hope you'll stick with the forum though. This place is a great catalyst for thought and further research, and I've learned a great deal over the past few years because of it.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
slkshock7

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 10:39 am
So speaking as a Christian, I am disappointed in the SCOTUS ruling, but it isn't the end of the world quite yet. I'm not even overly concerned that soon it may be illegal for businesses to refuse service to LBGT folks. After all, if a businessman refused to serve anyone who sinned, then he certainly would not stay in business long.

However I do fear that Christians will soon be prohibited from voicing our conviction that homosexuality is sin. Instead we will be accused of bigotrYy and face fines, if not jail, for our heart-felt beliefs. And please don't give me any nonsense that I'm being silly or paranoid and that this will never happen here. If you truly believe that homosexuality is a natural inclination based on inherited or physical traits, then how can you legitimately accept those like myself who would assert that homosexuality is a sin which should be discouraged not celebrated? No...if you have a heart-felt belief that homosexuality is a natural state of being, like race or gender, than it is only a matter of time before you demand that I, and other Christians, be forced to swallow our beliefs or face civil repercussions for voicing them.
joefromchicago

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:27 am
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

However I do fear that Christians will soon be prohibited from voicing our conviction that homosexuality is sin. Instead we will be accused of bigotrYy and face fines, if not jail, for our heart-felt beliefs.

If you don't want to be called a bigot, stop acting like a bigot.
panzade

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:35 am
https://medium2.global.ssl.fastly.net/max/700/1*onCEha4zx1dnu0crkEahcg.png
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:39 am
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

However I do fear that Christians will soon be prohibited from voicing our conviction that homosexuality is sin. Instead we will be accused of bigotrYy and face fines, if not jail, for our heart-felt beliefs.

This is a fundamental misconception about free speech. You have the right to speak freely about your beliefs ... and others have the right to speak freely about what they think of your beliefs. You will not be "prohibited" from voicing your convictions and others will not be prohibited from telling you what they think about your bigotry. That is how free speech works. You speak freely and others speak freely in return. The idea that free speech means you get to speak and others have to listen is well ingrained but completely false. If a Satanist wanted to proclaim to merits of Satan, I think you insist on rising up and challenging that. Likewise, if you espouse hateful beliefs, someone is going to rise up to challenge you. That those beliefs stem from your religion does not make them immune from challenge.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 11:42 am
Entertainment Weekly's attempt to incorporate their logo in the gay flag doesn't go according to plan.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/3a4e85eafe2c16408150cf1401e5f418/tumblr_nqmi2nn7HF1s27pxjo2_540.png
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:11 pm
@slkshock7,
Quote:

However I do fear that Christians will soon be prohibited from voicing our conviction that homosexuality is sin.

Firstly, just because you might have a conviction something is a sin, doesn't make it true.

Secondly, the only sin here is judging someone just because they've got a different religion (or no religion), behave differently from you or have a different lifestyle.

How do Fundies call themselves Christian when they're ready to toss boulders and crush someone because they don't practice what it's in their brand of peculiar comic book?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:14 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:
However I do fear that Christians will soon be prohibited from voicing our conviction that homosexuality is sin.

I hope you do understand that not all Christians feel that way.

You do not represent all Christians.

I think you meant to say :
slkshock7 wrote:
I fear that I will soon be prohibited from voicing my conviction that homosexuality is sin.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:15 pm
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

So speaking as a Christian,

you are NOT speaking for all Christians.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:20 pm
@slkshock7,
Why would you think you would be jailed for your beliefs?

Maybe because that or worse happened to homosexuals based on bigotry from a book? In the U.S., having differing beliefs and expressing them is not cause for fines or jail, unless you are causing public disorder while doing that, say, stopping traffic on a freeway as a place to express yourself. You're conjecture is pure hyperbole and you know it.