ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:26 pm
Ah, sorry, dragging what is a happy thread off track.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:34 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
You're conjecture is pure hyperbole and you know it.

No, he doesn't know it. The idea the Christians are somehow persecuted is a common theme from the pulpit, from talk radio and from politicians despite the fact that they control all branches of government at all levels and have a pretty good grasp on the media. Some people really believe that the invisible mobs of non-Christians will be knocking on their doors to round them up in the near future.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:37 pm
@engineer,
The end-timers are in full freak-out mode all over my alternate FB page. I feel a bit sad for them. They seem so confused right now. Angry about the decision, looking forward to glory, afraid of facing God.

0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 12:44 pm
@engineer,
That's a good point
The fear of persecution( by the 5% of our country who don't believe in God)
is hard for me to fathom.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 01:19 pm
When the deeply devout claim it is a sin and they want no part of it, I believe them. As opposed to the merely homophobic. It is, unfortunately for them, one of the disappointments in life they will learn to live with.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 01:28 pm
As we head into the 4th of July weekend let''s appreciate the affirmation of our Declaration of Independence that occurred last week

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Life-The affirmation that medical care, surgery or drugs should be available for rich or poor

Liberty-The lowering of a flag that symbolized the oppression of one race on another

The pursuit of Happiness.-Kennedy's opinion cited Loving vs Virginia(1967)
which struck down state laws prohibiting interracial marriage(1967? Are you kidding?)
Calling the right to wed “one of the vital personal rights essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.”

It is ironic that as we regain the moral and spiritual energy of Christianity the Christian right issues shrill cries of No No!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 02:14 pm
And here is another nut speaking out against the ruling. I call for the impeachment of her white trash daughter who's on her second out of wedlock baby from another baby daddy and the impeachment of her daughter from being the ridiculous paid spokesperson for abstinence only programs.

Go home, honey. Your daughter needs a mother.

Sarah Palin Calls For Impeachment of Supreme Court Justices

Quote:
WASILLA, Alaska – Moments after the Supreme Court ruled that the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to same sex marriage, former Fox News commentator Sarah Palin called for the “full and unconditional impeachment of the Supreme Court which voted in favor of non traditional marriage in its various forms across our great nation.”

Palin, a longtime staunch defender of traditional marriage, made her comments in a prepared statement from her home studio. The former Alaska Governor actually did not specifically name the Justices who voted in dissent, and even suggested that the entire court “start over from scratch” to restore the “original values and principles set down by our Founding Fathers and patriotic ancestors.”

It is not clear if Palin’s studio statement about the Supreme Court’s ruling on same-sex marriage was viewed or recorded, because Fox News declined to renew Palin’s contract as political commentator on June 1. No live broadcast facilities or satellite capabilities were “on-line” during her announcement from the darkened studio, say Fox News sources.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 02:24 pm
This all happens at a good time to influence the elections. I am optimistic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:17 pm
NBC always had rainbow colors in the logo, you see.
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11207320_10154023884043327_8585482114835762768_n.jpg?oh=527c63c8443516c7b71f67f60d04cd5d&oe=562AD25A
jcboy

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
Powerful women Cool

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2rmkq37.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 04:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
sometimes it's good to see how stupid people can be
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 08:13 pm
@engineer,
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/graham-gop-should-take-gay-marriage-constitutional-amendment-out-platform-n383296

Quote:
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told Chuck Todd on NBC's "Meet the Press" that if the Republican party doesn't change its official position on same-sex marriage it will "hurt" the GOP in 2016. In 2012, the Republican platform read, "We reaffirm our support for a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman."

Echoing former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida, Graham argued that Republicans should abandon that official 2012 position. Graham continued, "What I want to do is protect the religious liberties of those who believe that opposing same sex marriage as part of their faith. So no I would not engage in the Constitutional amendment process as a party going into 2016. Accept the Court's ruling. Fight for the religious liberties of every American."
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 03:49 am
@joefromchicago,
From Merriam-Webster
Quote:
Bigot: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group[/color])]

For all those who've labeled me as a bigot but don't know me from Adam.

Kettle...meet black.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 07:02 am
@slkshock7,
slkshock7 wrote:

However I do fear that Christians will soon be prohibited from voicing our conviction that homosexuality is sin. Instead we will be accused of bigotrYy and face fines, if not jail, for our heart-felt beliefs. And please don't give me any nonsense that I'm being silly or paranoid and that this will never happen here. If you truly believe that homosexuality is a natural inclination based on inherited or physical traits, then how can you legitimately accept those like myself who would assert that homosexuality is a sin which should be discouraged not celebrated? No...if you have a heart-felt belief that homosexuality is a natural state of being, like race or gender, than it is only a matter of time before you demand that I, and other Christians, be forced to swallow our beliefs or face civil repercussions for voicing them.

I guess my current signature line below is the best response to that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 07:04 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

sometimes it's good to see how stupid people can be

Yeah. They should all just move to Canada if they're unhappy with all this. Laughing Wink
chai2

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 07:08 am
@chai2,
PSA from Canada....

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 04:34 pm
The only ethically thing to do. Don't collect a salary from taxpayers if you don't want to serve ALL taxpayers.
Bye Felecia!

Arkansas clerk will resign over moral objection to issuing same‑sex marriage licenses

Quote:
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A county clerk in Arkansas plans to resign effective June 30 because of a moral objection to issuing same-sex marriage licenses.

Dana Guffey
Dana Guffey
Cleburne County Clerk Dana Guffey said Monday she has notified the county judge of her plans to resign.

She says she has a moral objection to issuing the marriage licenses following Friday’s U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriages nationwide. She said the decision to leave the post after 24 years was not made out of hate.

Office officials say no same-sex marriage licenses had been issued as of Monday afternoon

http://static.lgbtqnation.com/assets/2015/06/Dana-Guffey.jpg
0 Replies

99burkyc

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2015 03:54 am
I think that it was a very good decision to make gay marriage legal, I am a Christian and many people may think that we hate gays. Most of us don't! We were taught not to judge anyone and love one another. I believe that gay marriage being made legal will be a great example for other countries to follow and create equality for all. Nobody should be discriminated because of who they want to be in a relationship with, regardless of their gender. Everyone should be treated with respect and dignity and should be loved and cared for. God created marriage for a man and a woman, but God also said not judge because he is the only one who can judge. Hopefully churches will come to realise that not allowing gay marriage in a church is wrong and that if you were brought up a Christian and believe in God then they should be allowed to be married in a place that is very important to them.