When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 08:54 am
@Lash,
Re Berners going Green, this article shows them moving toward the Libertarian, but Green policies are so much closer to the Brrnie's platform.

http://theantimedia.org/bad-news-for-hillary-huge-percentage-of-bernie-supporters-wont-vote-for-her/
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 08:58 am
@joefromchicago,
You're certainly the expert on schoolyard tactics.

Rolling Eyes

You're starting to repeat your material, though.
Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:05 am
@joefromchicago,
The giggly new game among the people you're encountering on this thread, Hill bros, is to accuse you of what they're doing and meet in an alley behind A2K to titter about it. Gaslighting. Makes the place useless.

I suggest ignore.
snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:06 am
@Lash,
If you've run out of use for A2K, let me be the first to invite you to stop using it.
Lash

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:14 am
@snood,
The ignore feature cleaned it up for me. Quite telling that you fancy yourself in a position to tell people to leave. You're quite the angry internet warrior. What your life must be like.

Back to the pile with your giggling Hillary bros.
joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:25 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
You're starting to repeat your material, though.

Am I? I wasn't aware of that. I'm glad you're around to keep track of everything I post.
revelette2

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:35 am
Sanders makes no sense. He said he will vote for Hillary in the general but he won't endorse her because she hasn't come far enough for him to endorse her. If she hasn't come far enough, why is he going to vote for her? If it is to fight Trump, why can't he endorse her for the same reason. Not that at this point Hillary needs Bernie's endorsement, but still, he is making no sense at all.

Bernie Sanders explains why he's still not endorsing Hillary Clinton

Moreover he acts as though he is the only to ever come close in an election, it happens fairly regularly. Hillary was closer than Bernie when she lost to Obama, yet she didn't demand her policies be adopted before she would endorse Obama. I think he is full of himself.
0 Replies

Blickers

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:44 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote joefromchicago:
Quote:
Are you saying that Flint is a suburb? Of what?

Detroit. Even if you think 60 miles downtown-to-downtown is too far to be classified as a suburb, Flint does revolve around Detroit economically. And Flint is broke, and largely minority. So it illustrates my point perfectly about how minorities are not necessarily in the core cities themselves, they are in municipalities that surround the core cities. And Flint is not a unique case. How about Newark, New Jersey, and so many others?

Minority municipalities are likely to be lower in available cash, so they have older, more hackable voting machines. That's why you get those areas with hackable machines numbers which favor Hillary. Duh.
snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 09:59 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The ignore feature cleaned it up for me. Quite telling that you fancy yourself in a position to tell people to leave. You're quite the angry internet warrior. What your life must be like.

Back to the pile with your giggling Hillary bros.

You clearly have much more confusion about your place in the scheme of things than I do, righteous crusader. And if how you present yourself here is a commentary on the rest of your life, what a pity. If you recommend ignore, why aren't you ignoring me?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 10:53 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Detroit. Even if you think 60 miles downtown-to-downtown is too far to be classified as a suburb, Flint does revolve around Detroit economically.

That's a rather idiosyncratic definition of "suburb."

Blickers wrote:
Minority municipalities are likely to be lower in available cash, so they have older, more hackable voting machines. That's why you get those areas with hackable machines numbers which favor Hillary. Duh.

Do you know if the voting machinery in Flint (or, more likely, in Genesee County) is different from that in the rest of Michigan?
0 Replies

revelette2

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 11:12 am
New Study: Lack of Voting Resources Leads to Long Lines, Delays Longer in Minority Precincts

Quote:
Studied States Fail to Comply With Resource Allocation Requirements

NEW YORK, NY - Lack of poll workers and low numbers of voting machines are key contributors to long voting lines, and precincts with more minorities experienced longer waits, according to a new study released today by the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law.

Although many factors may contribute to long lines at the polls, little research has assessed how polling place resource allocation contributes to delays. In advance of the 2014 midterm election, Election Day Long Lines: Resource Allocation attempts to fill that gap by analyzing precinct-level data from states where voters faced some of the longest lines in the country in 2012: Florida, Maryland, and South Carolina.

Specifically, the study assesses how machine and poll worker distribution contributes to long lines and what role race played in predicting where lines might develop — providing an important roadmap exploring the causes of long lines that have plagued millions of Americans.

There are four major takeaways from our research:
Voters in precincts with more minorities experienced longer waits. In South Carolina, for example, the 10 precincts with the longest waits had, on average, more than twice the percentage of black registered voters (64 percent) than the statewide average (27 percent).
Voters in precincts with higher percentages of minority voters had fewer machines. In Maryland, the 10 precincts with the lowest number of machines per voter had, on average, more than double the percentage of Latino voting age citizens (19 percent) as the statewide average (7 percent).
Precincts with the longest lines had fewer machines, poll workers, or both. In Florida, for example, the 10 precincts with the longest lines had nearly half as many poll workers per voter as the statewide average.
There is widespread non-compliance with existing state requirements setting resource allocation. Both Maryland and South Carolina set certain requirements for what polling places are supposed to provide voters, but we found that only 25 percent of the precincts studied in South Carolina and 11 percent of the precincts studied in Maryland complied with these requirements.

“We all saw the images of voters waiting in hours-long lines in 2012. Now we know more about why that happened and how to fix it,” said Myrna Pérez, report co-author and deputy director of the Brennan Center’s Democracy Program. “The number of poll workers and voting machines can have a huge effect on Election Day problems, particularly in areas with more minority voters. Giving sufficient resources to election officials could dramatically improve voting in America.”

“These three states had some of the longest lines in 2012, and they offer clear lessons on how poor resource allocation can contribute to delays at the polls,” added co-author Christopher Famighetti, the Center’s voting rights researcher. “No voter should have to wait longer than 30 minutes to cast a ballot. States must take major steps to ensure all polling places have sufficient voting machines and poll workers.”

Following the 2012 election, President Barack Obama convened a bipartisan commission to address the problem of long lines and determine best practices for local election officials. The commission found 10 million people waited more than 30 minutes to vote, and ultimately concluded that no voter should have to wait this long to cast a ballot.

Its key recommendations included modernizing voter registration and increasing early voting opportunities. The Brennan Center has a number of proposals outlining how to implement such reforms, including How to Fix the Voting System and How to Fix Long Lines.

See all of our Election 2014 resources.

###

The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law is a non-partisan public policy and law institute that focuses on fundamental issues of democracy and justice. Our work ranges from voting rights to redistricting reform, from access to the courts to presidential power in the fight against terrorism.
0 Replies

snood

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 11:16 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

snood wrote:
Yeah, no indication of lingering ill will there at all.

I certainly bear you no ill will, snood. After all, I've never put you on ignore.

Kind of disingenuopus. We both know I was referring to this exchange between you and DrewDad:

Quote:
You do love to hone a grudge, don't you?

Quote:
I suppose I might, if I actually gave a damn about you. But I don't see that happening any time soon. Or ever.

Your words say you don't care, but their tone said otherwise. Playing dumb gets old very quickly. You knew I wasn't referring to ill will toward me.
DrewDad

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 01:09 pm
@joefromchicago,
Well, I keep having to scrape it off my shoe.
joefromchicago

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 01:59 pm
@DrewDad,
You're certainly the expert on schoolyard tactics.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 02:43 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Your words say you don't care, but their tone said otherwise.

He's kinda like a drunk picking a fight... He swings, he misses, but he won't just leave you alone. When you're finally sick of his ****, and leave, he claims victory while vomiting in the corner.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 05:25 pm
@Lash,
Too late.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 07:29 pm
Interesting trend on google search.

Most-asked question about the DNC's chosen one; "is she going to jail?"

And the same on twitter. The second-most asked question, is which party does she represent?

You can't make this **** up.

Lash

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 05:00 am
Information trickled out of the DNC platform meetings. I read s blurb about Cornel West hammering some Hillary people about universal healthcare, but I can't find it again. Odd how this news surfaces and disappears...

This morning, I read that Hillary's advocates shut down $15. Minimum wage...despite her fake-ass grandstanding grab for the spotlight when Cuomo signed the minimum wage law.

Her supporters will be ashamed.
0 Replies

momoends

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:41 am
@Builder,
If Bush hasn't... why would she?
Builder

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 04:54 pm
@momoends,
Quote:
If Bush hasn't... why would she?

Each incoming president pardons the last.

Circle-jerk on a grander scale.