get this woman out of my view/politics

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2015 11:29 pm
There must be something that I agree with her on, but I've no patience.

Out.

I take her as rarely sincere, adopting sincere, as may fit.

I don't like her re past stuff either, the wishing they'd get and kill Khadafy, which they did.

Heard of courts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 14 • Views: 12,015 • Replies: 119

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:07 am
@ossobuco,
It is all about notches on the bedpost, and she will wade through **** to score.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:19 am
@hawkeye10,
I don't think so.

Their is a lot of distaste out there, besides from republicans.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:21 am
@ossobuco,
You might find this interesting

Quote:
"All of this could change," Nyhan writes, "if a true bombshell emerges from [Clinton's] famous Blackberry." Indeed, the irony here is that if Clinton self-produces that bombshell, everyone will go home satisfied that she is being transparent. That's basically the only thing she can do at this point: torpedo her presidential campaign to save her reputation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/10/hillary-clinton-private-email_n_6843562.html

She is def done in politics, one way or another. Whether she will be giving expensive speeches and leading up with women events we dont know yet, it depends on how much damage happens to her reputation now. A lot of big money dems have got to be super pissed at her now for being so incompetent, so careless.

Careless....interesting, that is the knock on her husband Bill too.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:32 am
I'm not clear on the pros and cons of that except that, huh, this is news to the administration?

This doesn't mean that I roll to the republican dimwits.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 12:37 am
@ossobuco,
Looks like Hillary is imploding early enough that good people will run. They will have to move fast but it can be done. It is the R's who are pissed, they were sure that the D's would put her up, and they were sure that they would beat her.

I dont have a horse in the race as I hate both parties.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:40 am
@ossobuco,
It does look like she has something to hide and I think (pretty sure) she broke the rules about using private emails instead of using the States official one. I think the reason for that is transparency. Could be connected with why she is gone, more than just tired. I hope the dems who seem to bring the candidates to power, drop her soon.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 11:06 am
@revelette2,
She is acting imperial.....the R's would love to go to town on that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 01:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

You might find this interesting

Quote:
"All of this could change," Nyhan writes, "if a true bombshell emerges from [Clinton's] famous Blackberry." Indeed, the irony here is that if Clinton self-produces that bombshell, everyone will go home satisfied that she is being transparent. That's basically the only thing she can do at this point: torpedo her presidential campaign to save her reputation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/10/hillary-clinton-private-email_n_6843562.html

She is def done in politics, one way or another. Whether she will be giving expensive speeches and leading up with women events we dont know yet, it depends on how much damage happens to her reputation now. A lot of big money dems have got to be super pissed at her now for being so incompetent, so careless.

Careless....interesting, that is the knock on her husband Bill too.

You mean the guy who was twice elected president????
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:04 pm
Oh, well, perhaps I am letting my personal feelings rule in this case. It turns out it not against the rules to use private emails.
Quote:

After this story was first published, a State Department official acknowledged the 2005 policy but emphasized that it is limited to records containing such sensitive information.

“Under State Department policy in the FAM referenced in news reports tonight, sensitive but unclassified information should be handled on a system with certain security requirements except in certain circumstances. That FAM policy pertains solely to SBU information,” the official said. “Reports claiming that by using personal email she is automatically out of step of that FAM are inaccurate.”

source

0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:32 pm
Once again the republicans have raised a tempest in a tea pot. And its the same tea pot, Bengazi.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:43 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Once again the republicans have raised a tempest in a tea pot. And its the same tea pot, Bengazi.

And so you dismiss the D's who are disappointed and/or pissed I see. The R's had nothing to do with Hillary making the choices she did, nor are they the only ones who think she did wrong and think that Hillary just reminded everyone of why she has for decades had such high negative poll numbers, or reminded everyone that the last time she asked for the POTUS chair she did an extremely poor job of running her campaign...and it appears that she did not learn much from that failure.

The Hillary SOP to stand up and blame all of her troubles on people who dont like her, playing the victim card, is not going to work this time.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
By Jennifer Rubin

Quote:
That we are discussing what part, if any, of this fiasco Clinton realizes is a fiasco tells us something about her lack of self-awareness and judgment. Can someone be so apparently out of touch with public skepticism about government and unaware of ordinary demands about transparency? It’s unfathomable at some level, unless you consider that she has had no news conferences for two years, surrounds herself with loyalists, hates and hides from the press and lives a protected life gallivanting around on private jets, saying gibberish to adoring audiences and living behind tall fences. (As she said, her compound is protected by Secret Service; not just anyone can make contact with her.)

She may have been so successful in constructing her cocoon that she really has no idea how she is regarded and what is expected of political figures. She is operating blind — ethically blind — since she has no internal alarm and, it seems, no one around her who has the nerve and influence to save her from herself. It is not just that she is financially divorced from most Americans — it is that she lives in her own world, where her motives shall not be questioned and rules shall be followed only when “convenient.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2015/03/11/does-hillary-clinton-think-that-went-well/

Yep, there is a slight chance that Hillary can get the D nomination with enough money (read elite support) and the best the madison ave has to offer on the grounds that it is her turn and she has a ****, but if that be so then the R's will crucify her. She has no chance of winning a general election.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The Hillary SOP to stand up and blame all of her troubles on people who dont like her, playing the victim card, is not going to work this time.

Are you sure of that, Hawk??? Or is that just wishful thinking misworded?

Anyway...I don't think she is "playing the victim card."

If she should be playing any card, it should be the "Republicans hate government...and have absolutely no idea of how to govern...so they should stay the hell out of the way rather than being the obstructionists they are being"...CARD.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 03:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi. A republican mantra.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 03:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Aren't they in Cincinnati?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 03:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
If she should be playing any card, it should be the "Republicans hate government...and have absolutely no idea of how to govern...so they should stay the hell out of the way rather than being the obstructionists they are being"...CARD.

I dont think " the other guy sucks worse than me" is going to go very far this time around. And besides, the R's are likely going to come with " Conservatism did not fail, it was never tried, so lets give it a chance". And they will come with somebody who has barely ever set foot in Washington, like Walker. Any unhappiness with Congressional R's will not matter, because the R nominee will come back with "I dont think much of them either, but I will lead them to a better place".

I am not shocked that D's at the moment seem to not understand just how unlikely to get the POTUS chair they are.
korkamann

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 04:38 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:

Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi. A republican mantra.

How true, Rabel. The brouhaha over Clinton's private server which really belongs to the former President Clinton is conducted through a prism of distortion, i.e., sheer fear! The current poll rating for Hillary Clinton is 86%.

Hillary Clinton has a predisposition for secrecy...this is her nature, a part of her personal makeup. Unfortunately, this often conveys the appearance of one not forthcoming. Hillary Clinton has this type of personality either you love her or you hate her. I can understand her psychological reluctance to be open with the press spurred by the unscrupulous punitive Republicans. They did a fishing expedition regarding White Water...nothing there. The GOP inferred she murdered Vince Foster, an aid to the Clintons....nothing there and it was proven Foster committed suicide. There is the unresolved, in the minds of the GOP, the Benghazi murder of the US ambassador.

The current Republican Party is so contemptuous of Hillary Clinton that it's almost on a par with their deep-seated scornful racial hatred of President Obama. Hillary Clinton is leaving all the Republican candidates in the dust and there is no way in hell mainstream America would vote for a Repuke. The Republicans' policies are medieval and they act as if they have never seen the inside of an institution of higher learning.

There is the remote possibility that the intense GOP pressure might induce Hillary to give up her run for the presidency, but something tells me the harder it gets the more dug in she will become...the prize is almost in her grasp.

I don't like it that Hillary is so close to Wall Street and that she is something of a hawk...she voted to go to GWB's illegal war in Iraq...but the contradistinction between the malevolent tactics of the Republicans and the faults of Hillary Clinton, Lordy, Hillary seems like pure heaven!
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 09:58 pm
Quote:
“Convenience.” “Convenience.” “Convenience.” “Convenience.”

Hillary Clinton’s reliance on that word during her news conference at the United Nations on Tuesday minimized the exemption from standard procedure that she allowed herself when she decided — all on her own — to use only a private email address for both personal and government business.

She told reporters that she hadn’t wanted to be weighed down by a second electronic device. It wasn’t secrecy that motivated her. It was purse space and pinkie strain.

And behind her forced smile, which was practically cemented in place, she seemed put out by all the skepticism and all the questions. She shouldn’t be. This latest Clinton controversy is not the work or fault of Republican enemies or a ruthless, unappeasable press corps. It’s her doing.

She made a choice when she stepped into the secretary of state’s job that was bound to be second-guessed if it ever came to light, as everything eventually does. And when it did, she was silent about it for a week, letting suspicions fester.

She was on the spit Tuesday because she placed herself there.

But the real problem with the news conference wasn’t anything specific that she said or didn’t say, any particular tone of voice or set of her shoulders that she aced or bungled.

It was what kept coming to mind as she stood before the cameras once again, under fire once again, aggrieved once again by Americans’ refusal to see and simply trust how well intentioned and virtuous and good for the country she is:

Yesterday.

It was all so very yesterday.

And elections are about tomorrow. Yes, that’s a cliché, but it’s also unassailable political truth.

And Clinton’s challenge is to persuade an electorate that has known her since the Mesozoic era and trudged wearily with her through so much political melodrama that to vote for her is to turn the page, to embrace a new chapter, to move forward.

On Tuesday she didn’t look as if she was leaning into the future. She looked as if she was getting sucked into the past.

That’s not where voters want to go. Oh, sure, the Clinton years are remembered as prosperous ones, and she and Bill don’t hurt her cause by rekindling those memories and stoking a bit of nostalgia.

But nostalgia doesn’t win elections. The promise of solutions to problems and better times ahead does. And right now there’s little horizon in Clinton’s unofficial campaign for the White House; it’s almost all rearview mirror. The conversation — incredibly — has returned to Rose Law Firm records lost and found, to the pricey privilege of the Lincoln Bedroom, to Whitewater.

Her “convenience”-fixated remarks at the United Nations won’t change that.

They may nudge the news narrative in a different direction, because the news narrative is always ready for a different direction, and because she made some smart, deft moves.

She spoke of a wedding and of a funeral and even of yoga, reminding everyone that she’s not merely a functionary but a daughter and a mother, with concerns not just about her upward rise but also about the downward dog.

She made a plea for protected spaces in public life that most voters will find sympathetic.

She made a very good point: that even government officials who have two email accounts decide, whenever they write a new communication, which one to use. So they’re doing a real-time editing not much different from her after-the-fact editing when she made the call about which of her tens of thousands of emails to turn over to the State Department.

But what she needs, not so much to put this behind her as to get ahead, is a kind of reset, a reboot, one in which she sublimates her understandable desire to conduct her business in the way she prefers to a show of openness and transparency. She shouldn’t simply be assuring voters that they can trust her and that no outside arbiter is needed. She should be eliminating the shields and shenanigans that create room for distrust in the first place.

That would be a break with the Clintons of the 1990s, a departure from politics as usual and a sign to voters that in order to make political history, she’s willing to examine her personal history, acknowledge her mistakes and change her ways, electing candor over ceaseless calculation.

No more minced words. No more split hairs. No more donations to the Clinton Foundation that have a whiff of hypocrisy and suggest conflicts of interest.

She’s going to have a primary, all right, but it will be a contest against her own worst impulses, default defensiveness and prickly sense of insult when pressed for explanations. From what I saw Tuesday, victory is uncertain.

Frank Bruni, the opposite of a political hack

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/11/opinion/frank-bruni-hillary-clinton-the-email-controversy-and-the-2016-presidential-race.html?_r=0
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2015 10:05 pm
@korkamann,
Quote:
.but the contradistinction between the malevolent tactics of the Republicans and the faults of Hillary Clinton, Lordy, Hillary seems like pure heaven!

Only if you ignore her contempt for the people with her acts as she runs he mouth in the opposite direction. But her reputation is getting shredded, she might not even run now. She was humiliated by Obama, and I dont think she has the stomach for even worse this time.