Does he like me or what? Stop caring or not?

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 09:03 am
I've known this guy since I was a freshman in college. He is my dorm mate in a co-ed dorm. I had a little crush on him back then, but it wasn't that serious. I mean I also had other crushes around the campus and had a fling or two.

The problem started when we got closer. We hang out with the same group of friends in the dorm; I see him almost everyday. I started to like him big time; our friends knew about it. I just wasn't sure if he really knew, but I think I was obvious. I gave him cupcakes on his birthday. I gave him a bag for Christmas. I fell in line for him to pay his tuition. Obvious, right?

But then I learned that he liked another girl, and there's no chance that he likes me; I decided to treat him as a friend and stop the feelings. I felt really bad during that time.

Here's what is bugging me though.

1) During one of my birthday celebrations, he came from an important meeting. He said he made up something to be excused for a while. Little did I know, my friends were planning to give me flowers. The surprise was greater when they also added to the plan that he was the one to give me the flowers. With a peck on the cheek.

2) On my last birthday, our group decided to watch a movie together. He paid for my ticket, so I thought that it was nice birthday gift. When we got inside the theater, he suddenly gave me a bouquet of roses(paid by himself). Later I heard from our friend that they already knew beforehand that he was going to give me roses. She said he had a hard time thinking on what to give me, and he was also bugging her to go to the movie because I wouldn't go without her.

3) Before the semester ended(after the last birthday), I couldn't help but ask him if he knew I liked him. I saw he was surprised and was blushing all over. His answer? He didn't know. I was fine with that, wasn't expecting anything. But then he texted me:
- Could you repeat what you said? I couldn't absorb it.
(I didn't repeat it due to shame, but then he asked again.)
-What if the feeling is mutual? What would change?
(I said if the feeling is mutual, it is already his move not mine. But it's impossible that nothing will change unless he forgets about what I said. He said he will forget it soon and nothing between us will change. I admit that I was a little hurt by that.)

4) Then we met again at the dorms. I was good at acting natural, we hanged out with one of his friends. But then, during the time we were there, he started calling me and texting me. Asking me where I was, if wanted to eat, where we will eat, if I was ready for my exams, if I was already up, etc. Then also invited me to sleep in their room because the floor where my room is deserted. Slept in the floor while I slept on his bed. Then when we got home bam! No texts again.

Does that guy like me or what? Should I stop caring about whether he likes me and go for another guy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 898 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by lukareta
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2015 11:22 am
@lukareta,
Let me help you with this - since you seem clueless: YES, HE "LIKES" YOU!!!

Now - start to develop this "relationship".

Since most guys this age don't know how to "court" women, YOU make the plans i.e. show, theater, hanging out, times, places, etc. etc. See if he falls in line.

If you don't do this, then you two will be chronic ships in the night, passing each other not knowing what's going on or where the other one is.

0 Replies

Greymatter11

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2015 11:25 am
@lukareta,
Really though?! How blind can someone be?! After the roses and all of that you STILL don't know?! Now, the true question is: do you really like him? He might think you are not interested if you don't make a move. I know in a "perfect" world the man makes the first move , however, he might be too shy and respectful enough not to make a move. You could even just grab his hand one day and just interlace your fingers with his and that should spark something. You can't say "should I move on to another guy" when you didn't even have a chance at something with this one dude that seems more than interested in you!
0 Replies