Fireone

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:38 am
My girlfriend and I went through a stretch before we really committed to each other where she went out with another man. This was about two weeks ago. She told him that she doesn't want anything to do with him, however, he continues to text her and she texts back like they are good buddies. They do work together also. I feel like she is leading him on by continuing with the texting even though she has told him she's not interested. She does show me her texts, she is very open about that, I just don't think that texting him back whenever he texts is right- am I crazy? Do I just need to let it go?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,004 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 07:07 am
@Fireone,
If it were me, I'd back off a bit with her due to actions (ambivalence). Clearly she's either not being honest with him, herself or you or all of the above.

Wait...wait:
Quote:
... went through a stretch before we really committed to each other where she went out with another man. This was about two weeks ago...

As I read this...you 2 have only been committed to each other a very short time? This is pretty confusing.

If she told him she doesn't want to have anything to do with him, then why are they texting back and forth all of the time? Smell the coffee.
Fireone

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 07:28 am
@Ragman,
We have been dating for about 8 months fairly steady. I wasn't being very forthright as to our long term plans so about a month ago she started going out with this guy she works with. She told me they never got serious but they were spending a lot of time together and flirting pretty hard and she did say that she was initially trying to start a relationship with him. I know he likes her and she told me that he did try to kiss her but she told him no. There were a few things that she lied to me about that eventually came out. The fact that she started seeing him is what got me to realize how strongly I feel about her and she says she went out with him because she was confused about us. I realize she can't stop someone from texting but in my opinion she shouldn't text back or at least keep it to a very minimum. I'm not insanely jealous, she has other male friends it's just that this was a mutual attraction thing and every time he texts her it just drives me nuts. I hope this isn't too long-winded and I appreciate the advice:)
Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 07:34 am
@Fireone,
You need to stop sending your own mixed messages. she's sending mixed messages too. You both need to feel that you are committed to each other or not go back and forth about exclusivity. Communicate to her that if she wants to text with him that doing so in your mind shows she is hedging her bets and that she does have feelings for him. Actions speak louder than words.

Make your feelings known to her and show your interest in her isn't just because someone else wants her.
Fireone

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 07:39 am
@Ragman,
Thank you, I appreciate your advice.
Ragman

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 08:06 am
@Fireone,
I wish you both good luck. I hate quoting clichés...but this makes me think of this one: "The course of true love never runs smooth(ly)."

Feel free to come back afterwards and talk about these matters or just about life.
0 Replies

Eliusa

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 08:50 am
@Fireone,
You are not crazy. If she is texting back - she is interested.
OR
you are better in bed when jealous. Smile
0 Replies