The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

parados

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 07:47 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
The autopsy and 8 BLACK witnesses corroborate Officer Wilsons testimony.
There is also audio of a video with Browns body in view where a black man is describing what he saw and THIS corroborates Wilsons account.

There is also audio of a video where a black man describes Brown as having his hands up which would completely disagree with your scenario.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/new-witnesses-michael-brown-had-hands-up.html

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 08:59 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
The autopsy and 8 BLACK witnesses corroborate Officer Wilsons testimony.
There is also audio of a video with Browns body in view where a black man is describing what he saw and THIS corroborates Wilsons account.

There is also audio of a video where a black man describes Brown as having his hands up which would completely disagree with your scenario.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/new-witnesses-michael-brown-had-hands-up.html
Is that the one that helped him to rob the cigar shop, Mr. Parados??

David
revelette2

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 09:19 am
@OmSigDAVID,
According to the link, if you had bothered to read it before commenting, it was two contractors.

Quote:
A newly surfaced cell-phone video shows two witnesses reacting in real time to the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown. In the clip and in subsequent interviews with CNN, the witnesses say that the teenager was retreating with his hands up when officer Darren Wilson fired at him.

The two men, whose identities have not been revealed, were contractors standing an estimated 50 feet from the spot where Wilson shot Brown. The video was taken in the moments immediately following the shooting.

He had his ******* hands up,” says one man in the video, raising his own hands above his head. "The cop didn't say get on the ground. He just kept shooting.” He later told CNN that about 30 seconds elapsed between the first shot and subsequent ones.

The second man in the video told CNN that Brown was running from the cop with his hands up when the shots were fired.

These new accounts are broadly consistent with many previous eyewitness accounts of what happened on August 9 in Ferguson, Missouri, albeit with slight variations.

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 02:57 pm
@parados,
Quote:

Wrong again Parados...(doesnt it get tedious being wrong that often??) Your video is not contemporaneous or spontaneous with the shooting. Its just some more brother cover.

Here is the right video... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ijreview.com%2F2014%2F08%2F168698-eyewitness-recalls-important-detail-background-video-mins-ferguson-shooting%2F&ei=1rBOVI_lNNKfyATpyIDICw&usg=AFQjCNEzLYEY1cucwXhQQsabbahfKTbj5Q

THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE BLACK MAN DISCUSSING THE SHOOTING WITH BRONS BODY IN VIEW ON CAMERA

@6:28/6:29 of video

#1 How’d he get from there to there?

#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck

{crosstalk}

#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him

{crosstalk}

#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –

[there is dispute here whether he says "doubled back" or "coming back."]

#1. Oh, the police got his gun

#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him

{crosstalk}

#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing

#1 The Police?

#2 The Police shot him

#1 Police?

#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

This person is clearly stating that Wilson was still in the patrol car as Brown was attempting to flee AND NOT SHOOTING AT HIM AT THIS POINT.
It also clearly shows that BROWN DOUBLED BACK AND ADVANCED ON WILSON
roger

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 04:47 pm
Well, I guess I know all I need to know on this topic.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 08:37 pm
@giujohn,
I guess you didn't watch the video then because it clearly is contemporaneous. You can see the flashing lights of the police vehicles in the video. In fact, at the end of your video, it appears we can see the same person that walked by the contractors now at the police tape which would mean my video actually was taken before your video.
giujohn

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 09:28 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I'm curious when you got access to the testimony to the GJ. Did you come by that access legally?

Yes, I did.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2014 09:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
What speculation???

I am not doing the speculating

A rose by any other name, Frank. "Possible assumptions"...speculation... little devils and angels on your shoulders...it's all the same thing. If you, as you say dont know, then maybe you shouldnt be GUESSING.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 03:44 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
What speculation???

I am not doing the speculating

A rose by any other name, Frank. "Possible assumptions"...speculation... little devils and angels on your shoulders...it's all the same thing. If you, as you say dont know, then maybe you shouldnt be GUESSING.

Nothing wrong with guessing, John. But I prefer to call my guessing "guessing" rather than use "believing" to make it seem like more than guessing.

In any case...YOU are the one doing the speculating...not I. I am saying that I am willing to let the legal process play out...and will live with what happens. We pretty much all have to.

Jeez!
giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am saying that I am willing to let the legal process play out...

It has Frank...Im just giving you a heads up on what went on in the GJ.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:25 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
I am saying that I am willing to let the legal process play out...

It has Frank...Im just giving you a heads up on what went on in the GJ.

I truly thank you for the "head's up", John, but the "legal process" does not include YOU telling me what the grand jury heard or decided.

My guess is that Wilson will NOT be indicted.

We will see as the legal system runs its course.

giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:34 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I guess you didn't watch the video then

Yeah, I watched it. There is absolutley no evidence on the video of any value. There is no way to tell when the video was taken. Just because you think you see someone walk by doeSnt mean squat. that person could have been walKing around for hours.
BUT WHAT IS INTERESTING IS IF IT WAS RIGHT AFTER THE SHOOTING WHY OH WHY IS THE CAMERA ON THIS GUY AND NOT THE BODY WHICH WOULD BE WHERE MOST ANYONE WOULD BE AIMING?????

You see, I was taught to see evidence with a critical eye, not a jaundiced one like yours.
giujohn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2014 05:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
My guess is that Wilson will NOT be indicted.

In this GUESS you will be right.

(Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Wink)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:33 am
@giujohn,
Quote:

Yeah, I watched it. There is absolutley no evidence on the video of any value. There is no way to tell when the video was taken.

It is very easy to tell when the video was taken. It is the reverse view of the police tape at the end of the video you posted. You can clearly see the tape line. You can see the flashing lights. You can see the same people in both videos. The difference is the video I posted shows the people approaching the tape line that are at the tape line in your video which any reasonable person would make the logical conclusion that my video takes place prior to your video.

Quote:
BUT WHAT IS INTERESTING IS IF IT WAS RIGHT AFTER THE SHOOTING WHY OH WHY IS THE CAMERA ON THIS GUY AND NOT THE BODY WHICH WOULD BE WHERE MOST ANYONE WOULD BE AIMING?????
Because if you stopped acting like an idiot and posting in all caps you could tell where the video was shot from. The body is not visible from this viewpoint because it is blocked.

Quote:

You see, I was taught to see evidence with a critical eye, not a jaundiced one like yours.
Clearly you weren't taught anything. Even a 6 year old could have figured out the video location. A critical eye means you should examine everything in the video and make comparisons to other evidence such as the video you posted. A critical eye would mean you don't just rely on the one video that supports the version you want to be true.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 08:32 am

CNN: Ferguson police chief expected to step down
Posted 9:01 pm, October 28, 2014, by CNN Wires, Updated at 12:12am, October 29, 2014

Facebook6K+
Twitter897
Google
Pinterest
LinkedIn9
Email

FERGUSON, MO – The police chief in Ferguson, Missouri, is expected to step down as part of the effort by city officials to reform the Police Department, according to government officials familiar with the ongoing discussions between local, state and federal officials.

Under the proposed plan, after Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson leaves, city leadership would ask the St. Louis County police chief to take over management of Ferguson’s police force.

Related: Source: Massive Ferguson reform package developing

The announcement could come as soon as next week. It would be one step in what local officials hope will help reduce tensions in the city as the public awaits a decision on whether the St. Louis County grand jury will bring charges against Officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown.

Jackson said Tuesday he is not being pushed out.

“Nobody in my chain of command has asked me to resign, nor have I been terminated,” he said on the phone to CNN.

And Ferguson Mayor James Knowles said there is no plan in place for the police chief to step down.

When asked whether the federal government was pressuring the city to force out the police chief, he told CNN: “People have been saying that for months, I mean for him to step down. But we’ve stood by him this entire time. So there is no change on that.”

The St. Louis suburb drew national attention after protests erupted following Wilson’s shooting of Brown, an 18-year-old unarmed African-American.

Wilson, who is white, hasn’t been charged in the case, though a grand jury is hearing evidence that could lead to an indictment.

Jackson had faced criticism over his department’s handling of the Brown shooting and the protests in its aftermath.

Last month, weeks after the Justice Department announced it was investigating Ferguson police, Jackson told CNN he would not step down despite calls for his ouster.

“I’ve talked to a lot of people who have initially called for that and then changed their mind after having meetings and discussions about moving forward,” he said. “Realistically, I’m going to stay here and see this through.”

Speaking about his job and the fallout over the Brown shooting, he said, “This is mine, and I’m taking ownership of it.”

Justice Department investigation

Justice Department investigators are looking at the Ferguson Police Department’s use of force, analyzing stops, searches and arrests and examining the treatment of individuals detained at Ferguson’s city jail, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder has said. That complicates plans expressed by some officials who want to dissolve the entire Ferguson Police Department and turn over law enforcement to county police.

In an interview with CNN last week, Holder said the Justice Department was looking at the leadership of the Police Department as part of its ongoing investigation of the department’s practices.

“We have an ongoing — having a practice investigation into the Ferguson Police Department. And we’re looking at a whole variety of things, including the leadership of that department, the practices that the department engages in, the nature of the interaction between the department and the community that it is supposed to serve,” Holder said. “So I think it’s a little premature for me at this point to comment on the leadership of the Ferguson Police Department. That is certainly something that we are looking at.”

Chief apologized last month

Last month, Jackson released a video apology he said was directed at Brown’s parents and the peaceful demonstrators who took to Ferguson’s streets to protest the teen’s death.

“The right of the people to peacefully assemble is what the police are here to protect. If anyone who was peacefully exercising that right is upset and angry, I feel responsible and I’m sorry,” he said.

He also acknowledged that the incident had sparked a larger conversation about societal issues.

“Overnight I went from being a small-town police chief to being part of a conversation about racism, equality and the role of policing in that conversation. As chief of police, I want to be part of that conversation. I also want to be part of the solution,” he said.

He conceded that Ferguson and the surrounding areas have “much work to do.”

“For any mistakes I’ve made, I take full responsibility. It’s an honor to serve the city of Ferguson and the people who live there. I look forward to working with you in the future to solve our problems, and once again, I deeply apologize to the Brown family,” he said.

Later that day, he waded into the crowd at a protest and apologized again.

Some people seemed satisfied by his apologies. But not everyone was anxious to hear from him.

One man shouted into a bullhorn: “If you are not resigning tonight, go home.”

Chief Tom Jackson tells me he has not been fired nor has he resigned. He says @cnn reports are completely wrong

— Christine Byers (@ChristineDByers) October 29, 2014

Jackson said if he ever resigns it will be his decision

— Christine Byers (@ChristineDByers) October 29, 2014

Ferguson Chief says he has not resigned, He has not been told to resign. He has not been fired. If he leaves, it will be his choice alone.

— Ferguson Police Dept (@FPD_PUBLIC_INFO) October 29, 2014
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 08:38 am

Well, if he does NOT
resign, then that woud be the "lie"
and THAT 'll be the Day.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 07:04 am
Federal civil rights charges unlikely against police officer in Ferguson shooting
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/federal-civil-rights-charges-unlikely-against-police-officer-in-ferguson-shooting/2014/10/31/56189d80-6055-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html?hpid=z1
revelette2

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:53 am
Hopefully, he will still be held accountable for murder or at least excessive force although the latter will leave a sour taste.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 08:59 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
Hopefully, he will still be held accountable for murder or at least excessive force although the latter will leave a sour taste.
What woud U have done in Wilson's place?? Run away ?
revelette2

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 09:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
If I was Wilson I would not have arrested him for jaywalking, much less shoot him after he surrendered.