Is my boyfriend abusive or will be become abusive?

Germlat

Wed 7 May, 2014 11:50 am
@ossobuco,
Well....sometimes a striking remark makes people realize their own power and relevance in the situation ...I'm not making the " but, I love him" a judgement issue....it is so common...it speaks more of the cruel degradation a human being is trapped in. Perhaps , I haven't made myself clear enough. P.M. Me if you so desire. I understand more than you might think.
0 Replies

Marc Cobain

Wed 7 May, 2014 03:56 pm
@MrsYoung,
it is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that you leave him ASAP!!!! If what you say is true. It will only get worse, & one day he WILL seriously hurt or kill you. Not maybe it will happen, no no no, IT WILL HAPPEN. I dont know you, but TRUST ME, you could do much better. There are support groups, & if you're with him because he paays for everything, that does not give him the right to abuse you emotionally or physically
Germlat

Wed 7 May, 2014 04:29 pm
@Marc Cobain,
You're right! Abuse is progressive. It'll only get worse. The more he gets away with it , the more entitled he'll get.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 7 May, 2014 05:28 pm
@MrsYoung,
MrsYoung seems to have retired from the thread. I hope she is OK
Germlat

Wed 7 May, 2014 06:23 pm
@neologist,
I noticed that...maybe she doesn't have consistent access to the internet ....or maybe her abuser is keeping her from it...I hope she's ok...I hope he is imprisoned.
roger

Wed 7 May, 2014 07:46 pm
@Germlat,
Maybe he knows her passwords and followed her here.
Germlat

Wed 7 May, 2014 07:53 pm
@roger,
I sure hope not...but possible. He deleted her FB accounts? What a p$&&.
Marc Cobain

Thu 8 May, 2014 09:15 am
@Germlat,
Thank you, & it's definitley within the realm of possibilities that he does make her tell him EVERYTHING, and does all of the typical, controlling things, like go through her phone, keep her from family & friends, ect.
I sicerely hope that she didn't mention this post!! If he read this, she could be in trouble. It's a shame only she can report it.
Yet men like that typically wont let their "women" out of their site. They absolutely disgust* (spelling) me. I havea bad feeling if she's not responding
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 10 May, 2014 05:38 am
Some men are control freaks who like to control everybody including their wives/girlfriends.
Some women LIKE to be controlled, so if the two of them ever meet it'll be a perfect relationship..Smile
Germlat

Mon 12 May, 2014 04:42 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Yep ...and some men want to be whipped and spanked..whats you're point? She is alluding to the fact she doesn't like it...she's thinking he's abusive...
0 Replies

heyidc

Sat 7 Jan, 2017 12:00 am
@MrsYoung,
An abuser's abuse does not justify him (or her) abusing you
0 Replies

KittyMeowMeow

Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:59 pm
@MrsYoung,
Ok.
1. This is assault.
2. Get a restraing order.
0 Replies

itshappening

Fri 3 Feb, 2017 06:13 am
@roger,
Like Shake Spear? To be or not to be.
If someone is abusive they can not become abusive because they are already abusive.
Bad relationships could end up like this?
Your partner will some day end your life? If he doesn't you will probably cause harm to your self from the depression and stress from long time of abuse. You or your spouse will probably end up abusing each other mentally and physically.
So the choice is your's? Put up with it for the rest of your life? Or leave. for your own safety.
0 Replies

Iouman

Wed 22 Feb, 2017 01:56 pm
@MrsYoung,
Really? You need our advice on this boyfriend? I would make a run for it, while you still can.
0 Replies

laurenhayes

Thu 10 Aug, 2017 12:35 pm
@MrsYoung,
That is abuse and you need to get the hell away from him. It will only escalate. One day you may find yourself in the hospital or worse, in a body bag.
0 Replies

Sam560

Sun 13 Aug, 2017 08:19 pm
@MrsYoung,
Yikes. I have heard of this in school when we were taught about abuse in a relationship. It was for teenagers but it holds true in this situation.

Things will unfortunately get worse. I know it may be hard, but I suggest you let him know he needs to stop this behavior, or you and him are finished.
0 Replies

angelababy526400

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 03:03 pm
@MrsYoung,
Oh my God this guy is a jerk.
0 Replies