God...why would he not show his face or an miracle to save millions!

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 07:20 pm
People go through life and live, then die without ever seeing God! So, why would God not show his face or an obvious miracle if it could save millions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 6,564 • Replies: 134
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 08:18 pm
@Godisapoormanager,
English isn't your first language, is it?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 12:56 am
@Godisapoormanager,
Many have gone through life without ever knowing the truth about God. Doesn't seem fair, does it? Well God has promised all those will get the chance to regain the hope Adam and Eve lost. (See John 5:28)
Godisapoormanager

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:09 am
@neologist,
Why believe a God that will not show his presence or a miracle? If I was over seas and ask you for money...you would say it is a scam! Yet, God expects us to believe without even taking the time to prove to us that he exist! He knows we are logical and need proof, yet he waits for his time to show himself. For example: He could put his image over the sky all over the world and millions would change the way they live and would begin to believe. Just does not make sense to blindly believe without proof!
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 11:08 am
@Godisapoormanager,
Godisapoormanager wrote:
. . . Just does not make sense to blindly believe without proof!
The nation of Israel, though having witnessed abundant proof, continued to rebel against God's direction. What makes you think things would be different today?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:01 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Godisapoormanager wrote:
. . . Just does not make sense to blindly believe without proof!
The nation of Israel, though having witnessed abundant proof....

C'mon, Neo.

What proof?

And what "abundant proof?"

neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Just goin by the story line, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:01 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Just goin by the story line, Frank.

Are you actually going to answer my question, Neo...or just play a game here.

Obviously the Bible claims all sorts of things...but that is a far cry from "they have had ample proof."

There is no "proof"...right?
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I only know what I read, Frank. You can read it too.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 08:04 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You can say "No, there is no proof" better than that, Neo.
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 08:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
"You can say "No, there is no proof" better than that, Neo.
Of course. But it would also be easy for you to read the account, even if you didn't believe it
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 09:00 pm
Godisapoormanager wrote:
Quote:
Why believe a God that will not show his presence or a miracle?

Firstly just to comment on your screenname, the earth and it's creatures have survived for millions of years despite meteor storms and ice ages etc, so i'd say God manages it quite well..Wink

Secondly, Jesus said "Every word I say is not my own, I only say what God tells me to say", so we're hearing God speaking directly through Jesus, and seeing Gods power working through Jesus to perform miracles..Smile
0 Replies

Godisapoormanager

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 09:03 pm
@neologist,
Listen, if I'm in the corner and God tells me a secret and I go tell everyone that he told me that he told me a secret...that is proof right?! It is only proof to me. You would laugh at me. We are going by what others say is proof. In my life time I have prayed and waited for a miracle to happen...it is a joke! I'm saying let God put his face all over the skies to show the world and give a miracle to every person in the world in order for that person to believe. Plus, the bible? It is so confusing it is ridiculous.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 09:25 pm
Godisapoormanager wrote:
Quote:
the bible? It is so confusing it is ridiculous

You don't need the whole Bible, you only need the bit with Jesus in it, like this slimline gospel which costs just a few pence and can be read in a couple of days..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gospel.gif~original

People soon cottoned on-"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2)
What a guy! He waltzed into the Great Temple and bust the snooty priests asses by telling them-
"You're full of ****!" (Matt 23:27)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 12:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Godisapoormanager wrote:
the bible? It is so confusing it is ridiculous
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
You don't need the whole Bible, you only need the bit with Jesus in it, like this slimline gospel which costs just a few pence and can be read in a couple of days..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/gospel.gif~original

If you truly believe you can ignore 65 books of the Bible, you may never reach the maturity promised in 2nd Timothy 3:16, 17: "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work" (Emphasis mine)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 03:58 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

neologist wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
"You can say "No, there is no proof" better than that, Neo.
Of course. But it would also be easy for you to read the account, even if you didn't believe it

You said "The nation of Israel has had abundant proof"

Now you are playing a game because I asked about the "proof."

Tell us what the "proof" is...if you can.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:48 am
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
If you truly believe you can ignore 65 books of the Bible, you may never reach the maturity promised in 2nd Timothy 3:16, 17: "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work"

Sure, the entire Bible makes fascinating reading, but people shouldn't get bogged down in Old Testament stuff, which is why Paul had to remind people- "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
And even Jesus told them to get their noses out of their heavyweight old books and just glance up to see him standing in front of them-
"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5:39/40)

After all, if the Old T was all we needed, God woulsn't have had to send Jesus to give us the NEW Testament (the clue is in the name)..Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Romeo Fabulini, he shoots, he scores!"
http://imageshack.us/a/img51/7025/zu1s.jpg
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Frank, Frank, Frank. . . .All I can relate is what I read. . .

If the story of Israel's deliverance from Egypt is true, then certainly that would be sufficient proof for the Israelites to show complete faith in their God.

But they didn't. Are you asking for more? Well, that was all I meant.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:59 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Frank, Frank, Frank. . . .All I can relate is what I read. . .

If the story of Israel's deliverance from Egypt is true, then certainly that would be sufficient proof for the Israelites to show complete faith in their God.

But they didn't. Are you asking for more? Well, that was all I meant.

Neo, Neo, Neo.

IF you are saying that "IF THE STORY...IS TRUE"...then you are not showing ANY PROOF whatsoever...let alone "abundant proof" or "sufficient proof."

You know that.

You just seem unable to acknowledge that you misspoke when you wrote what you wrote.

There is no proof that I can see y0u offering...or to serve as a basis for your original assertion that the ancient Hebrews had abundant proof.

All these discussions become a game with you, because you simply cannot acknowledge that there is no "proof"...there is only guesswork (which you call faith or belief, which is your right.)

If you are saying that the Bible tells us a god gave the ancient Hebrews information and instructions...and they did not always heed the information and follow the instructions...you ought to have said it. Although why you would want to make such an obvious point eludes me.
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
After all, if the Old T was all we needed, God woulsn't have had to send Jesus to give us the NEW Testament (the clue is in the name)

OK.
Explain how Ezekiel 38: 14-19 does not apply to our day.
"Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it? 15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: 16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. 17 Thus saith the Lord God; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them? 18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. 19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

Then:
Explain how Daniel 2:44 does not apply to our times: “The kingdom [set up by God] . . . will crush and put an end to all these [human] kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”
Then:
Explain the relevance of Matthew 5:17-18 "“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill; 18 for truly I say to YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place"
Then:
Explain Hebrews 6:20 without using the "Old Testament" Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
Then:
Explain the relevance of the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Jesus in Matthew 24:15.
Take them one at a time, if you want; but
Then:
When you are done, if you can get done, I have more.