God...why would he not show his face or an miracle to save millions!

neologist

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 06:17 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I know what you mean. I joined the health club to save on hot water and TP
Gets inconvenient at times Razz Razz
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 03:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank Apisa insisted:
Quote:
Romeo...if you can point out the verses where Jesus said it was okay to disregard the disgust of the god he worshiped...point them out.
Otherwise...I think my comment that "more than likely he did" is appropriate

Mate, you remind me of a golfer stuck in a bunker, desperately swinging his club time and again but missing the ball and sending up fountains of sand..Smile
There were a thousand things Jesus said and a thousand things he didn't say, so just because he never said a word about gays/witches doesn't mean he wanted us to go out and hassle them!
Think of him as a card player who played this winning card to trump EVERYTHING else..Smile-
"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
Right Kid?

"Right!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/ExIS/cinc.jpg

I do detect some desperation, Romeo...but it is coming from your rationalizations rather than from what I am saying. Perhaps that is why you are confused.

I have quoted a passage where Jesus specifically says he is not here to change the law.

You have not cited anything that says he was just kidding.

Now you say he did things that did change the law.

My question remains: Are you calling Jesus a liar or a hypocrite?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 09:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
"The law" was not changed.
Right! Otherwise, like Romeo, we would no longer bother reading it.

However.

We are no longer under its provisions.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 09:45 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

However.

Really?

And why is that?

You did read about the meeting concerning circumcision and dietary restrictions, didn't you?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 09:53 am
Neologist threw this haymaker at Frank about the Old Law:
Quote:
...We are no longer under its provisions.

Right mate, Frank crashes to the canvas yet again, but he doesn't know when to stay down..Smile
"The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster,but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:08 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Neologist threw this haymaker at Frank about the Old Law:
Quote:
...We are no longer under its provisions.

Right mate, Frank crashes to the canvas yet again, but he doesn't know when to stay down..Smile
"The law brought us to Christ like a schoolmaster,but now through Christ we are not under that schoolmaster" (Gal 3:22-25)

So you say. And apparently Paul says so (in a way)...but Jesus didn't.

If he had, he mighta said something like, "I have not come to change the law...but you guys no longer have to follow it."

Find that passage...and when you do, post it for all of us to read.

Then start with the humorous analogies. They sound a bit trite standing alone.

(Why do you think these people always use Paul rather than Jesus to back up their assertions?)

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 10:44 am
Frank Apisa pouted:
Quote:
I have quoted a passage where Jesus specifically says he is not here to change the law.You have not cited anything that says he was just kidding.

Neither, he simply left in place people's free will to do nasty things under the old law.
Call it a test, they can go out killing gays, witches and adulteresses if they like but they'd flunk bigtime..Smile

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:00 am
Neologist wrote to me:
Quote:
One main difference between you me is I actually treat other members with respect

We can treat fools with all the respect we can muster, but they're still fools..Wink
For example you admitted your JW beliefs would let your families die, so try as i might, i can't seem to find much respect for JW's-
"I would answer yes to refusing a blood transfusion for myself or any of my dependents" (Neologist Aug 16 2006)

Anyway you're not above a bit of name-calling yourself in various threads-
"Romeo, in his ignorance.."- (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"[Romeo's] drivel" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)
"Romeo Fable Spinner" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

However.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Really?

And why is that?

You did read about the meeting concerning circumcision and dietary restrictions, didn't you?
And?

Christians are no longer under its obligation . . .
"But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and [his] circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God." (Romans 2:29)
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:16 am
Frank (still in the sandtrap) swings with:
Quote:
[If Jesus said]- "I have not come to change the law...but you guys no longer have to follow it."
Find that passage...and when you do, post it for all of us to read

Mate, you're a funny guy..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/funnyguy_zps6de5db5a.jpg~original

Jesus said-"If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
“Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself" (Matt 19:17-19)

See, 'do not murder' means don't go killing gays, witches and adulteresses under the old laws.
Perhaps you should sign up for a few sunday school classes?..Wink

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:34 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank Apisa pouted:
Quote:
I have quoted a passage where Jesus specifically says he is not here to change the law.You have not cited anything that says he was just kidding.

Neither, he simply left in place people's free will to do nasty things under the old law.
Call it a test, they can go out killing gays, witches and adulteresses if they like but they'd flunk bigtime..Smile

So you are not going to cite anything...just give your opinion about what Jesus did or did not do.

Okay...that is allowed. Wink

And it is better for you to engage in these diversions rather than deal with the OP question of: Why would not GOD show himself in an unambiguous way in order to help humanity get on a decent track?

("Oh, because of free will"...is blather. Not anywhere near the big thing you rationalizers make it to be.)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:37 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Neologist wrote to me:
Quote:
One main difference between you me is I actually treat other members with respect

We can treat fools with all the respect we can muster, but they're still fools..Wink
For example you admitted your JW beliefs would let your families die, so try as i might, i can't seem to find much respect for JW's-
"I would answer yes to refusing a blood transfusion for myself or any of my dependents" (Neologist Aug 16 2006)

Anyway you're not above a bit of name-calling yourself in various threads-
"Romeo, in his ignorance.."- (Neologist 21 Sep 013)
"[Romeo's] drivel" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)
"Romeo Fable Spinner" (Neologist 24 Sep 013)

Neo and I have been going at it in heated arguments for over a decade now. Neo is always a reasonable and decent person. And he is not a self-promoter like you seem to be.

We all get into a bit of rudeness at times. You seem to want to make it an art form.

You are not succeeding. At best you fashion really poor graffiti.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:40 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

However.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Really?

And why is that?

And?

Christians are no longer under its obligation . . .
"But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and [his] circumcision is that of the heart by spirit, and not by a written code. The praise of that one comes, not from men, but from God." (Romans 2:29)

Right...if a man, he does not have to be circumcised.

Big deal, Neo.

In any case, even if the law no longer applies (a very hard case to make)...the fact that the god Jesus worshiped is offended by things is not changed. If the god is offended, for instance, by a man sexually loving another man...and if the god considers that to be an abomination...that does not change because new converts do not have to be circumcised.

Ya know. And all that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank (still in the sandtrap) swings with:
Quote:
[If Jesus said]- "I have not come to change the law...but you guys no longer have to follow it."
Find that passage...and when you do, post it for all of us to read

Mate, you're a funny guy..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/funnyguy_zps6de5db5a.jpg~original

Jesus said-"If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
“Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself" (Matt 19:17-19)

See, 'do not murder' means don't go killing gays, witches and adulteresses under the old laws.
Perhaps you should sign up for a few sunday school classes?..Wink

Romeo...you really are an easy guy to bang around.

The admonition not to kill (to murder) was around in the Old Testament. That is not something Jesus thought up. Holy moley...if we have to explain that to you...you really should be in a remedial forum rather than this one.

The god Jesus worshiped told people "Thou shalt not kill."

But the god sure put lots of exceptions in the law.

And Jesus said he was not here to change the law.

So those exceptions stand.

C'mon...come up with some better stuff before you start the insults. You look silly doing it this way.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:46 am
Guys guys, there's a pattern emerging here, you fundies and atheists haven't got a shred of humour, whereas my sense of humour is off the top of the scale..Smile
For example Neo has just chided me for saying this to a grumpy woman doctor in another thread-
"There ya go sweetheart, YOU can be my Nurse Chapell AND Dr. Quinn rolled into one"

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 11:54 am
Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
"The god Jesus worshiped told people "Thou shalt not kill."
So those exceptions stand

Mate, if you want to go out on a killing spree in gay bars or wherever, I don't think your defence of "But God said i could do it" will carry much weight with the jury..Wink

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:33 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Guys guys, there's a pattern emerging here, you fundies and atheists haven't got a shred of humour, whereas my sense of humour is off the top of the scale..Smile
For example Neo has just chided me for saying this to a grumpy woman doctor in another thread-
"There ya go sweetheart, YOU can be my Nurse Chapell AND Dr. Quinn rolled into one"

You think a great deal of yourself, Romeo. That makes one of us.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Frank Apisa said:
Quote:
"The god Jesus worshiped told people "Thou shalt not kill."
So those exceptions stand

Mate, if you want to go out on a killing spree in gay bars or wherever, I don't think your defence of "But God said i could do it" will carry much weight with the jury..Wink

Not planning to do any killing, Romeo. Just wanted to show you how poorly constructed your attempt at logic was.

I suspect you still haven't gotten it.

So...
neologist

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 12:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Are you proud of the way you disrespected Osso, as well as the OP in this thread?
http://able2know.org/topic/222805-7#post-5453780
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 11 Oct, 2013 01:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I hate to get away from Romeo bashing, as much fun as it may be.
But, Frank.
Even nominal christians like Romeo do not follow the law. But the law is still of the utmost importance because it highlights God's standards and focuses attention on the life and work of Jesus. By fulfilling every aspect of the law, he was able to remove its rule over us.

A good thing, too. I'd have been stoned as a teenager for sure. Mr. Green