I really dont know what to do!!!!!!!

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 03:42 pm
I am 36 yrs old, I was divorced once and got a child, and now I am married to another husband, we loved a lot before, he is above 30 yrs older than me, but he educated me a lots which resulted to get carrier development. Since we got married I was financially better then him and support him a lot. One day we argued then he hit me a lot, though he apologized a lot of what he did, but I felt still bad. Since then I decided to have some reserve for myself and reduced my support to him, and from there his attitude was completely changed, very hard and rough words and after all most 2 years one day we argued then I coudnt keep my temper and hit him several times on the face, then he started beating me till all my face and the rest of my body injured badly, I wanted that day to report to the police, but calmed myself as I was the first to start the fighting. I just hate his abusive words, and cannot resist him as he also started lately be harsh with my son too. Deep in my heart I want leave him,but afraid being divorced for the second time...and I am sorry for my poorly written English language

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2013 07:06 pm
@canab 123,
Get yourself and your child out of this bad situation. And get counseling for yourself, once you are safe.

Right now, even if your child has neither seen nor heard you and your husband fight, your child is learning that marriage makes one violent, and turns you into a punching bag. And that's a horrible lesson to be learning.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2013 06:44 am
WHY are you afraid to divorce for a second time?

Get you and your child to a safe place.

Your child has seen two adults who hit each other. Do you want that for your child?
l
canab 123

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 01:37 am
@jespah,
Thank you for the advice, and in our place we dont even have counselor, and I was thinking getting out myself for the past five years, but the question is how? I really do not know how, without damaging my public image, cause in our culture once a lady is divorced for the second time all the faults are given to her even her closest family, that is the cultural barrier we have in here.
0 Replies

canab 123

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 01:44 am
@PUNKEY,
I am afraid of the cultural barrier, and yes, I can feel the attitude of my child is changing already, even his school marks is lowering and this hurts me alot, yet I do not want to forget all the support my husband gave me in a times I needed him by my side
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2013 07:13 am
There you go again - justifying and minimizing his faults.

You also think more of your cultural "status" than you do for you own safety and that of your child.

Please don't ask people for advice for something you have already made your mind up about.
0 Replies

advisor-kpr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 07:47 am
@canab 123,
Dear Sister,
I strongly feel bad for your situation. First of all, you could have also briefly explained us what led to your first divorce after your child. The reason is this may be leading to a strong baseline for your current situation (in an indirect way).
Coming to your current situation, it is very bad that you are facing the abuse. The incident where you also hit him back, shows you are no weak character and strong enough to retaliate (signs of woman who are very strong to take things to any extent). I want to use a word 'caution' here, do not take things to an extent, that the cord breaks finally.
Yes, you are absolutely correct, one more divorce and you are off the path to recovery. And even you have slightest thoughts of going for your 2nd divorce, I would suggest 'be prepared to live rest-of-life alone', than tyin a knot again.
Any one with a common sense will point finger to you, with out a second thought if second divorce occurs...be careful. Instead, stay away from your husband for sometime calmly and let the smoke go away, the doors of reconciliation shall open up automatically.
Do not make things more worse.
canab 123

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2013 03:17 pm
@advisor-kpr,
Thank you dear for the sincere advice i do really appreciate it, you words touched me a lot, and what we have been working on recently to change the current situation, I dont know where it will take us,but I think this will be the change we are giving our relation to move on in better shape though I am not at all optimist and still have that inner-conflict. Once again thank you
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 04:24 pm
What's with this 2nd divorce death nell?

Heck, some people get multiple divorces.

In some countries, it's a status symbol. Hollywood for instance.

It is more shameful to stay in a love-less, abusive marriage where children are damaged by living in a corrupted marriage.

0 Replies